HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

History Repeats Itself

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 11:46 AM
hbk

vCash: 500
History Repeats Itself

Over a decade after we tried to 3 goalie experiment in Winnipeg with Stephane Beauregard (the next big QMJHL goalie at the time), Ric Tabarracci, and Bob Essensa (popular proven veteran), the Coyotes/Jets francise seems poised once again to go with the three goalie rotation. Talent level seems higher but does anyone else shudder and this comparison? I hope things get resolved sooner rather than later.

Old
10-04-2003, 11:56 AM
CoyoteBaloney

I am expecting Burke to be traded after this month ... once he proves he is healthy in game situations over a period of time and once Boucher plays his way past Bierk.

Old
10-04-2003, 01:33 PM
c9orf

That would be ideal. This season is shaping up to be a disaster, with or without Burke - so it's time for some asset management.

Of course, it would be really helpful if the team didn't totally collapse in front of Burke and make him look bad. And optimism on that front is probably unwarranted...

Old
10-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad+Croutons
This season is shaping up to be a disaster, with or without Burke...it would be really helpful if the team didn't totally collapse in front of Burke and make him look bad. And optimism on that front is probably unwarranted...
I love how you stay positive during all this...

Seems like you want your salad (and croutons) and you want to eat it, too! I personally don't see Burke being traded within a month, but that's just my opinion. The goalie situation is a bit of a mess, right now. I do remember the situation hbk is referring to. In the end they brought in the struggeling Cheveldae (from the Dead Things) and Beauregard never turned into much, anyways. It wasn't until Khabby hit the ice in the Winnipeg Arena, that the Jets once again had a great #1 'tender...

Guys, this is just a thought, but does anyone else suspect that management is looking at the posibility of securing best odds of having first overall pick in next year's entry draft...?

Let me know what you think!

Dancin' Gabe rules!

Old
10-04-2003, 05:05 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzel

Seems like you want your salad (and croutons) and you want to eat it, too! I personally don't see Burke being traded within a month, but that's just my opinion. The goalie situation is a bit of a mess, right now. I do remember the situation hbk is referring to. In the end they brought in the struggeling Cheveldae (from the Dead Things) and Beauregard never turned into much, anyways. It wasn't until Khabby hit the ice in the Winnipeg Arena, that the Jets once again had a great #1 'tender...

Guys, this is just a thought, but does anyone else suspect that management is looking at the posibility of securing best odds of having first overall pick in next year's entry draft...?

Let me know what you think!

Dancin' Gabe rules!

Honestly, to go with this group of defensemen it a very risky strategy. Management has to realize that. Hell, we all realize it and they have a heck of a lot more experience in these types of evaluations than we do. But what's the downside? A lottery pick. A chance at the number one selection? Pretty good payoff for a rebuilding team.

One thing to keep things in perspective. The number one priority for management at this time is keeping this franchise alive until a new CBA can be reached. After a new CBA I would not be surprised to see Elman pull the plug and sell off his percentage. Until then they are focusing on getting their salaries down to fit their budget. On-ice performace is secondary. They'll do what they can to stay somewhat competitive / entertaining. The future looks not bad but the present will be hard to swallow.

In regards to some of the old goalies of this franchise. Tim Cheveldae was absolutely horrible in a Jets jersey. He's a couple of steps below Osgood in talent for those posters who don't remember him. In the role of Khabibulin is David Leneveu.

Old
10-04-2003, 11:43 PM
c9orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzel
To be positive at this point would be irrational. I *hope* for the best, but fully expect the worst. If you need to be surrounded by blind optimism, look elsewhere.

We're in an unfortunate bind. Normally, during a rebuilding/salary reduction phase one could expect to see prospects being called up readily and getting a longer look. Throwing a bunch of guys to the wolves can make for entertaining hockey, since exciting players can emerge. Unfortunately, thanks to the impending lockout we will be denied that. And on paper, our team is undeniably weak.

Closed Thread