HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond (NJ), Nolan Schaefer (BOS)

Old
10-11-2010, 11:25 PM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
On what?
Anti-trust regulations.

Everyone is going to pop in here and pull out that "No-one can sue us" clause but trust me, it has happened in other sports and would happen there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyze View Post
Just like how NHL was soo scared of the PA regarding the Kovalchuk contract.
Completely different animal.

Talking about something that affects a small percentage of their players compared to all of their players. It's not in the best interests of the NHL to force an injured player to come back early, either.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Completely different animal.

Talking about something that affects a small percentage of their players compared to all of their players. It's not in the best interests of the NHL to force an injured player to come back early, either.
Uhh... this has nothing to do with the NHL forcing an injured player to come back early.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 12:09 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Uhh... this has nothing to do with the NHL forcing an injured player to come back early.
It does though.

If the NHL were to force the Devils to dress a 20 man roster, one of the two solutions available to them (the other being moving a player via waivers/trade) is forcing an injured player to play.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Rover*

Quote:
It does though.

If the NHL were to force the Devils to dress a 20 man roster, one of the two solutions available to them (the other being moving a player via waivers/trade) is forcing an injured player to play.
Therefore the NHL is not forcing injured players to play. They are forcing the Devils to dress a full roster while being cap-compliant.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Josh Deitell

Quote:
It does though.

There's also a third option: making your team cap viable and giving yourself some flexibility in the first place. I don't think Lamoriello can cry foul considering he created this mess for himself. Nobody forced his hand.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 04:05 AM
StarsHawks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
There's also a third option: making your team cap viable and giving yourself some flexibility in the first place. I don't think Lamoriello can cry foul considering he created this mess for himself. Nobody forced his hand.
I have to agree. Devils fans will find little sympathy given how the organization put itself into this mess starting with the summer drama.

StarsHawks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 07:31 AM
West Coast Devil

Quote:
Therefore the NHL is not forcing injured players to play. They are forcing the Devils to dress a full roster while being cap-compliant.
That won't be a problem. If the NHL forced the Devils to dress 16 skaters either Rolston or Volchenkov could have suited up last night, even though they weren't going to play. But seeing how nobody really gains anything by having an injured player sitting on the bench, it's highly unlikely that anything will happen.

West Coast Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 07:50 AM
ocarina

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Calgary dress less then 20 players a couple years back?

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 08:03 AM
VelvetJones

I don't think the league will fine the Devils but I'm sure behind closed doors they are being asked to move players if they can asap.

I don't think there is a witch hunt to punish them (besides here). If the situation gets bad only NJ will be hurting themselves.

VelvetJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

good, time to call up my boy zhark.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote