HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should Wisniewski face disiplinary action? (Suspended 2 games)

Old
10-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
NY Post

Quote:
Wisniewski, who signed a free agent deal with the Islanders this summer, danced around the issue, offering a, "He was doing his thing and I was doing my thing," non-response response.
haha

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 12:32 AM
rangerfan_79

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
tsn just showed the clip and had to blur out his gesture.

Mckenzie said it was bad enough we had to blur it out so that should warrant a suspension.

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 12:34 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
NY Post

haha
Someone needs to inform Wiz that the "thing" he was doing is better suited for the bedroom and not the ice.

Meanwhile, I think this is the first time in professional sports that an athlete has made such a gesture during a game. This is clearly what the NHL had in mind with their "history will be made" campaign.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 04:51 AM
rangerssharks414

I agree with what the majority has said that if Avery did it, he'd get suspended and/or fined.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 05:08 AM
BlueLooksGood

Wow, how old is this guy? Neener-nanner

Nice grade school taunts there Wiz.

BlueLooksGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 05:31 AM
Giovanni94

We're talking about hockey here, there is no reason he should be suspended or fined. Maybe he could be told to clean it up for public image reasons, but that's about it in my opinion.

Giovanni94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 06:24 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Wiz is new in town. He's lonely. He was showing Avery what he wants to do to him. What does Bettman tell his teenage daughter? He used that line when Avery was suspended for his stupid comments. Like Bettman's daughter does not know what goes on. All teenagers know more than they should. I know I did. Bettman has no choice but to suspend Wiz. What will Gary tell princess Bettman after the simulated sex act? What will he tell the children on New York who saw that gesture on TV? The children are our future,teach them and let them the way. Show them all the beauty the possess inside. Show them a sense of pride. Only Whitney Houston I like

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 06:36 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Could you imagine if Avery scored a goal on Brodeur and then went over to him and simulated a sex act???? like climbing on top and dry humping him????

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 06:44 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
yea he should get fined. dont the NBA players get fined for throwing up gang signs???
If that's true, that league's a mess. A bigger mess than what I thought it was.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 07:23 AM
ZacUSNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Could you imagine if Avery scored a goal on Brodeur and then went over to him and simulated a sex act???? like climbing on top and dry humping him????
Slide over to him and dry hump his leg lol

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 07:27 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

How soft is this league, hell, our world getting. It's a hockey game. Much more offensive things are said on the ice and in locker rooms (yes, even the ones your kids suit up in) every single day.

And don't even get me started on Staal's interference call or the leeway given to refs under the new hit to the head rule.

EDIT: But if it was Avery...suspended for sure.

10-12-2010, 08:37 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Screw him. If Avery is gonna practically be run out of the league for saying, "sloppy seconds", then Wiz boy can serve one game for that gesture.

Although, I gotta say, I laughed hysterically for about 10 minutes yesterday, watching it. I didn't think anything could ever top the chicken gesture, Fleury made at Cairns, a few years back..but I think that tops it.

Anyone remember if Theo got suspended for that, btw?

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 08:51 AM
HockeyBurd*

He should get a small fine.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 08:53 AM
boredmale

Somebody pointed out Avery made a jerking motion with his hand in the pre game skate, for all the people who feel Wisniewski should get suspended should Avery get an equal suspension for the equally lewd gesture?

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:12 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Somebody pointed out Avery made a jerking motion with his hand in the pre game skate, for all the people who feel Wisniewski should get suspended should Avery get an equal suspension for the equally lewd gesture?
I wouldn't agree that it's equally lewd, but yes

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
bubba5

Who cares! Will it change the fact the we blew the lead with less the 7 minutes left and did not even get a point.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

bottom line is if avery had done it he'd be thrown out of the league. it was ridiculous what the guy did jesus your an adult and A MAN.

so who starts the first C$$k S$$KER chant at wisblowski when the fishies visit the garden?

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Islanderfan17

Pretty sad that some of you are saying he should get suspended, how old are you guys? Take it for what it is, stuff like this is what makes hockey more entertaining than those other "classy" organization. And as for the kids watching, do you think if a child saw that they would actually even know what he was doing? I know I wouldn't. If Avery did that to Wiz, you guys would be laughing just like everyone else is right now.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

no we'd be pissed because we know we'd lose him for the rest of the year due to suspension.

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:34 AM
sparxx87

Honestly the gesture is mild compared to some of the things said on the ice. Problem is, the gesture is on camera, while verbal obscenities are not.

Kinda weird by Wiz more then anything, haven't seen that gesture since high school.

IMO he gets 1 game and a fine, along with a warning to not be so stupid.

Best part of the whole order: Sean Avery "If I did that, they'd send me to rehab!"

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:35 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
Pretty sad that some of you are saying he should get suspended, how old are you guys? Take it for what it is, stuff like this is what makes hockey more entertaining than those other "classy" organization. And as for the kids watching, do you think if a child saw that they would actually even know what he was doing? I know I wouldn't. If Avery did that to Wiz, you guys would be laughing just like everyone else is right now.
Personally, I have no issue with what Avery or Wiz did.

But I think what most of us want to see is some consistency when it comes to discipline. We're tired of the Avery double standard.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Its not young children, its the 8-12 range that doesn't know, but sure is sure as hell gonna ask their parents. More then anything it looks bad on the league to certain people.

I personally don't care, but I know the majority is not impressed with it. For newcomers the to the game, that isn't the example they want set. NTM the game was a NY vs NY Columbus day game broadcast across N.A.....All these things go against Wiz.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:41 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Let me make myself clear. The only reason I said Wiz should be suspended is because of how hard the league came down on Avery. I have no problem with the gesture and laughed at it, just like I did with Fleury doing the chicken wings towards Cairns. I'm more taking a what's good for the goose is good for the gander attitude here.

Again, none of these things will change the fact that we blew the game.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:45 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Let me make myself clear. The only reason I said Wiz should be suspended is because of how hard the league came down on Avery. I have no problem with the gesture and laughed at it, just like I did with Fleury doing the chicken wings towards Cairns. I'm more taking a what's good for the goose is good for the gander attitude here.

Again, none of these things will change the fact that we blew the game.
Exactly, but I'd say the comparison that's even more fitting is the way that the league deals with throat slash gestures. Miming "You're dead" vs. miming "You're a f--" should equal the same punishment.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:47 AM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
He should get a small fine.
i agree...anything more is ridiculous

and i got a pretty good laugh when i saw him do it

however, as many have said, I have no doubbt avery would be facing a suspension for that move if it was the other way around

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote