HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

(Part 2) GDT: #3: Avalanche @ Flyers - Monday, Oct. 11, 2010 -

Old
10-12-2010, 09:05 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
(Part 2) GDT: #3: Avalanche @ Flyers - Monday, Oct. 11, 2010 -

Link to the first thread -- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=828608&page=41

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++

A reminder that the gametime on Saturday could be changed:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news...ting-time.html

Quote:
Flyers may change Saturday's starting time

The Flyers are contemplating a possible change in starting time for Saturday night's 7:05 home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins due to the scheduled Phillies playoff game at Citizens Bank Park.

A team official said Monday night that the Flyers may try to move the starting time up to 5 p.m. to avoid a parking/traffic conflict with baseball fans arriving for the evening game.

Because the Penguins are hosting the New York Islanders on Friday night in Pittsburgh, the earliest the game can start is late afternoon.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-12-2010 at 09:14 AM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:10 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Laviolette's quote regarding excessive penalties:

"We'll take care of it. We can't keep going to the box. We have to be more accountable for our actions on the ice and we will be. That number has to come down."

Briere's quote regarding excessive penalties:

"Well, it's still early in the season. Guys kind of forget what they're able to get away with. We have to be careful, we have to do a better job. It's something we talked about after the St. Louis game. Exactly what it is I don't know because it's all different kinds of penalties. We know we're not going to survive if we keep taking 8-9 penalties every game."

Old
10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
BTW, very strange that they less Andreas Nodl and Oskars Bartulis dress for player introductions, but Matt Walker was in street clothes.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
BTW, very strange that they less Andreas Nodl and Oskars Bartulis dress for player introductions, but Matt Walker was in street clothes.
Could be due to the ceremony and because they were part of the team last year and Walker wasn't.

Old
10-12-2010, 09:25 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo
I don't think Simon is one to hold grudges. I could see him returning to finish his career in Philly.
I really doubt that, especially if we make another deep run or win the cup. If you saw the interviews last year during the Cup run, Gagne often talked about how he might never get the chance again at the Cup.

If we ditched him and then win, I think he would feel a bit betrayed.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Kicksave...
In reference to Hartnell being strong on his feet: My friend calls him Horizontnell... LOL

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:00 AM
MsWoof

They should have included at least one of Gagne's goals. He was so instrumental in the Boston comeback and to see them behave this way is really disappointing. The organization has always done well by their players and it's not like he asked to leave, they pushed him out.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:14 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I like looking at the standing right now. All the teams I really hate are doing bad.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Yeah, watchin' the replay on On Demand. The ovation for Lappy SOO did not come thru on the Comcast feed. It was deafening...

Old
10-12-2010, 10:21 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Yeah, watchin' the replay on On Demand. The ovation for Lappy SOO did not come thru on the Comcast feed. It was deafening...
I wish there was a video online of it so us people in Ohio could see it...

10-12-2010, 10:22 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Link to the first thread -- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=828608&page=41

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++

A reminder that the gametime on Saturday could be changed:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news...ting-time.html
Figures....I was going to take "pubic" trans anyway....no way I was going to deal with that zoo Sat night. I'm not sure if Pitt will accomodate..not like they have to right or is it the Flyers call? I would think they have to get Pitt concurrence given Pitt is playing friday night like the article notes.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Could be due to the ceremony and because they were part of the team last year and Walker wasn't.
I'm glad they did that. Good for Oskars and Andreas to be recognized for their contributions in uniform.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I like looking at the standing right now. All the teams I really hate are doing bad.
Well, I hate the Leafs, but I've caught a lot of their two first games and they look pretty darn good. They were all over Ottawa the other night.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Figures....I was going to take "pubic" trans anyway....no way I was going to deal with that zoo Sat night. I'm not sure if Pitt will accomodate..not like they have to right or is it the Flyers call? I would think they have to get Pitt concurrence given Pitt is playing friday night like the article notes.
There's wording in the CBA which applies in regular situations. Length of flight times is discussed within the normal travels of back-to-back games, too. In this case, being somewhat unique, the visiting team and NHL would have to approve and most likely the NHLPA, too. The home team can't just say "time switch." Though the current CBA is what matters, the situation is not without precedence. It happened at least two times: because of the 1993 and 2008 World Series.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-12-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: typo
Old
10-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Well, I hate the Leafs, but I've caught a lot of their two first games and they look pretty darn good. They were all over Ottawa the other night.
Lets be fair Sens were missing Spezza too.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I wish there was a video online of it so us people in Ohio could see it...
Go to Hulu.com. They don't have it yet, but they should soon..they have full games...

Old
10-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
There's wording in the CBA which applies in regular situations. Length of flight times is discussed within the normal travels of back-to-back games, too. In this case, being somewhat unique, the visiting team and NHL would have to approve and most likely the NHLPA, too. The home team can't just say "time switch." Though the current CBA is what matters, the situation is not without precedence. It happened at least two times: because of the 1993 and 2008 World Series.
Isn't there simply a minimum time between the start of two games? Something like 23 hours-ish?

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Didn't get to catch this one, had class. How did Sideshow Bob look?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:16 PM
phillyflu

Quote:
Laviolette's quote regarding excessive penalties:

"We'll take care of it. We can't keep going to the box. We have to be more accountable for our actions on the ice and we will be. That number has to come down."

Briere's quote regarding excessive penalties:

"Well, it's still early in the season. Guys kind of forget what they're able to get away with. We have to be careful, we have to do a better job. It's something we talked about after the St. Louis game. Exactly what it is I don't know because it's all different kinds of penalties. We know we're not going to survive if we keep taking 8-9 penalties every game."
The problem isn't the players, it's Chris Lee. He's always called an excessive amount of penalties against the Flyers. He's reffed the last two games. Walkom did the Pens game and that was pretty well called.

phillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
In all honesty he was rarely tested.
He let in a bit of a weak one but hey it happens.
He was clutch when he needed to be and stonewalled an Av player on what could have been the go ahead goal late in the 3rd on a semi break.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:42 PM
jethro flyer

Hi, I'm a first time poster

seriously, how many time have we heard this quote from Laviolette (or something similar) about being accountable for the penalties. I don't know if is the reputation of some of the players as **** disturbers (carcillo), but its a perennial problem. What do you guys think it is?

jethro flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:44 PM
DickTony

I know it's been said, but god DAMN, Bob's translator is a stone cold fox. She's so hot. I want to tell her how hot she is but she'll think I'm being sexist. She's so hot she's making me sexist...*****.

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
I thought he was good, but sometimes it seemed like he wasn't seeing the puck all that well.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro flyer View Post
Hi, I'm a first time poster

seriously, how many time have we heard this quote from Laviolette (or something similar) about being accountable for the penalties. I don't know if is the reputation of some of the players as **** disturbers (carcillo), but its a perennial problem. What do you guys think it is?
Why use Carcillo as example? Carcillo has one penalty and I am sure it was evened out with some one from Pens team. Even know he is our penalty leader last year he did not take to many bad penalties. He ****ed once against Washington in Lavi's 1st game as a head coach I think there was another game when he took a penalty and PP goal was scored. That was it.

It's Hartnell, Briere, Coburn. Those 3 players normally take undisciplined, lazy penalties for no particular reason. Especially Hartnell who is our minor penalty leader since we traded our 1st round pick for him. Last year Chris Pronger also took a few too undisciplined penalties but he does more good than bad so he gets a free pass.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-12-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Subject Orange

Quote:
Bob looked good, quick, good anticipation. Only problem is when Hartnel gift wraps the puck and deposits it on the other teams stick 5 feet infront of him. Second goal was a bit of a one in a million shot. Shouldn't have happened off the face off, Hejduk should have been picked up and not allowed to skate unpressured as he did.
It was quick, but shouldn't have happened, especially as it was on the same side of the face-off.

Subject Orange is offline   Reply With Quote