HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

(Part 2) GDT: #3: Avalanche @ Flyers - Monday, Oct. 11, 2010 -

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2010, 09:05 AM
  #1
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,364
vCash: 1431
(Part 2) GDT: #3: Avalanche @ Flyers - Monday, Oct. 11, 2010 -

Link to the first thread -- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=828608&page=41

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++

A reminder that the gametime on Saturday could be changed:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news...ting-time.html

Quote:
Flyers may change Saturday's starting time

The Flyers are contemplating a possible change in starting time for Saturday night's 7:05 home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins due to the scheduled Phillies playoff game at Citizens Bank Park.

A team official said Monday night that the Flyers may try to move the starting time up to 5 p.m. to avoid a parking/traffic conflict with baseball fans arriving for the evening game.

Because the Penguins are hosting the New York Islanders on Friday night in Pittsburgh, the earliest the game can start is late afternoon.


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-12-2010 at 09:14 AM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:10 AM
  #2
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,364
vCash: 1431
Laviolette's quote regarding excessive penalties:

"We'll take care of it. We can't keep going to the box. We have to be more accountable for our actions on the ice and we will be. That number has to come down."

Briere's quote regarding excessive penalties:

"Well, it's still early in the season. Guys kind of forget what they're able to get away with. We have to be careful, we have to do a better job. It's something we talked about after the St. Louis game. Exactly what it is I don't know because it's all different kinds of penalties. We know we're not going to survive if we keep taking 8-9 penalties every game."

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
  #3
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,429
vCash: 5700
BTW, very strange that they less Andreas Nodl and Oskars Bartulis dress for player introductions, but Matt Walker was in street clothes.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
  #4
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,364
vCash: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
BTW, very strange that they less Andreas Nodl and Oskars Bartulis dress for player introductions, but Matt Walker was in street clothes.
Could be due to the ceremony and because they were part of the team last year and Walker wasn't.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:25 AM
  #5
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God
 
KimiFerrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Argentina
Posts: 3,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo
I don't think Simon is one to hold grudges. I could see him returning to finish his career in Philly.
I really doubt that, especially if we make another deep run or win the cup. If you saw the interviews last year during the Cup run, Gagne often talked about how he might never get the chance again at the Cup.

If we ditched him and then win, I think he would feel a bit betrayed.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 09:57 AM
  #6
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Kicksave...
In reference to Hartnell being strong on his feet: My friend calls him Horizontnell... LOL

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:00 AM
  #7
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,839
vCash: 500
They should have included at least one of Gagne's goals. He was so instrumental in the Boston comeback and to see them behave this way is really disappointing. The organization has always done well by their players and it's not like he asked to leave, they pushed him out.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:14 AM
  #8
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I like looking at the standing right now. All the teams I really hate are doing bad.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:16 AM
  #9
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Yeah, watchin' the replay on On Demand. The ovation for Lappy SOO did not come thru on the Comcast feed. It was deafening...

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:21 AM
  #10
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,546
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Yeah, watchin' the replay on On Demand. The ovation for Lappy SOO did not come thru on the Comcast feed. It was deafening...
I wish there was a video online of it so us people in Ohio could see it...

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:22 AM
  #11
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Link to the first thread -- http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=828608&page=41

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++

A reminder that the gametime on Saturday could be changed:

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news...ting-time.html
Figures....I was going to take "pubic" trans anyway....no way I was going to deal with that zoo Sat night. I'm not sure if Pitt will accomodate..not like they have to right or is it the Flyers call? I would think they have to get Pitt concurrence given Pitt is playing friday night like the article notes.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:23 AM
  #12
Larry44
FlyersTankNation
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Could be due to the ceremony and because they were part of the team last year and Walker wasn't.
I'm glad they did that. Good for Oskars and Andreas to be recognized for their contributions in uniform.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:25 AM
  #13
Larry44
FlyersTankNation
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I like looking at the standing right now. All the teams I really hate are doing bad.
Well, I hate the Leafs, but I've caught a lot of their two first games and they look pretty darn good. They were all over Ottawa the other night.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
  #14
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,364
vCash: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Figures....I was going to take "pubic" trans anyway....no way I was going to deal with that zoo Sat night. I'm not sure if Pitt will accomodate..not like they have to right or is it the Flyers call? I would think they have to get Pitt concurrence given Pitt is playing friday night like the article notes.
There's wording in the CBA which applies in regular situations. Length of flight times is discussed within the normal travels of back-to-back games, too. In this case, being somewhat unique, the visiting team and NHL would have to approve and most likely the NHLPA, too. The home team can't just say "time switch." Though the current CBA is what matters, the situation is not without precedence. It happened at least two times: because of the 1993 and 2008 World Series.


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-12-2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: typo
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:30 AM
  #15
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Well, I hate the Leafs, but I've caught a lot of their two first games and they look pretty darn good. They were all over Ottawa the other night.
Lets be fair Sens were missing Spezza too.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 10:32 AM
  #16
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I wish there was a video online of it so us people in Ohio could see it...
Go to Hulu.com. They don't have it yet, but they should soon..they have full games...

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 11:19 AM
  #17
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
There's wording in the CBA which applies in regular situations. Length of flight times is discussed within the normal travels of back-to-back games, too. In this case, being somewhat unique, the visiting team and NHL would have to approve and most likely the NHLPA, too. The home team can't just say "time switch." Though the current CBA is what matters, the situation is not without precedence. It happened at least two times: because of the 1993 and 2008 World Series.
Isn't there simply a minimum time between the start of two games? Something like 23 hours-ish?

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
  #18
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,252
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Didn't get to catch this one, had class. How did Sideshow Bob look?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:16 PM
  #19
phillyflu
Registered User
 
phillyflu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Laviolette's quote regarding excessive penalties:

"We'll take care of it. We can't keep going to the box. We have to be more accountable for our actions on the ice and we will be. That number has to come down."

Briere's quote regarding excessive penalties:

"Well, it's still early in the season. Guys kind of forget what they're able to get away with. We have to be careful, we have to do a better job. It's something we talked about after the St. Louis game. Exactly what it is I don't know because it's all different kinds of penalties. We know we're not going to survive if we keep taking 8-9 penalties every game."
The problem isn't the players, it's Chris Lee. He's always called an excessive amount of penalties against the Flyers. He's reffed the last two games. Walkom did the Pens game and that was pretty well called.

phillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
  #20
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Didn't get to catch this one, had class. How did Sideshow Bob look?
In all honesty he was rarely tested.
He let in a bit of a weak one but hey it happens.
He was clutch when he needed to be and stonewalled an Av player on what could have been the go ahead goal late in the 3rd on a semi break.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:42 PM
  #21
jethro flyer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Hi, I'm a first time poster

seriously, how many time have we heard this quote from Laviolette (or something similar) about being accountable for the penalties. I don't know if is the reputation of some of the players as **** disturbers (carcillo), but its a perennial problem. What do you guys think it is?

jethro flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:44 PM
  #22
DickTony
Registered User
 
DickTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
I know it's been said, but god DAMN, Bob's translator is a stone cold fox. She's so hot. I want to tell her how hot she is but she'll think I'm being sexist. She's so hot she's making me sexist...*****.

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
  #23
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Didn't get to catch this one, had class. How did Sideshow Bob look?
I thought he was good, but sometimes it seemed like he wasn't seeing the puck all that well.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:58 PM
  #24
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro flyer View Post
Hi, I'm a first time poster

seriously, how many time have we heard this quote from Laviolette (or something similar) about being accountable for the penalties. I don't know if is the reputation of some of the players as **** disturbers (carcillo), but its a perennial problem. What do you guys think it is?
Why use Carcillo as example? Carcillo has one penalty and I am sure it was evened out with some one from Pens team. Even know he is our penalty leader last year he did not take to many bad penalties. He ****ed once against Washington in Lavi's 1st game as a head coach I think there was another game when he took a penalty and PP goal was scored. That was it.

It's Hartnell, Briere, Coburn. Those 3 players normally take undisciplined, lazy penalties for no particular reason. Especially Hartnell who is our minor penalty leader since we traded our 1st round pick for him. Last year Chris Pronger also took a few too undisciplined penalties but he does more good than bad so he gets a free pass.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-12-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 02:05 PM
  #25
Subject Orange
Registered User
 
Subject Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: outside Philly
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Didn't get to catch this one, had class. How did Sideshow Bob look?
Bob looked good, quick, good anticipation. Only problem is when Hartnel gift wraps the puck and deposits it on the other teams stick 5 feet infront of him. Second goal was a bit of a one in a million shot. Shouldn't have happened off the face off, Hejduk should have been picked up and not allowed to skate unpressured as he did.
It was quick, but shouldn't have happened, especially as it was on the same side of the face-off.

Subject Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.