HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Watching too many Habs games (regular season) ?

Old
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

vCash: 500
Watching too many Habs games (regular season) ?

At the end of the 09-10 regular season, I realized that I had watched al 82 reg. season games

That's too much TV for me; I'm a hardcore Habs fan, but I'm gonna try to cut it down from 82 to - gulp - around 20 games this season.

I work from 9 to 5, and there are so many things to do after work - go to the gym, happy hours , etc....
(By the way, I live and work downtown).

Do you suffer from Habs games addcition as well ?

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

gym 5:30-6:30. 6:30-7 getting food ready/eating. 7-9:30ish game. 10, bar.

I'm unable to catch all of the hab games, but I make up for it by watching other games. Including playoffs, I would say I watch, well, I'm not sure. Come playoff time, I pretty much watch a game a day until the finals...That's at least a game a day. Then you get Saturdays with games at 3, 7, and 10. I'll just say 150. Could be more, could be less. If I didn't have to work past 7, then I'd watch every habs game + a game a day in the playoffs + games on days the habs didn't play.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Galchenyuk94

I've watched all 82 games every year since the lockout. Before the lockout, when I was in high school, I was the type of fan that I call out everyday today... the one with a loud opinion but that doesn't follow hockey, and barely the habs

Atleast you can watch the games in the corner of your eye at the happy hours! My old gym also had TVs in the gym where they would play the habs.

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Habskrieg

So you get a strong feeling of withdrawal when you can't watch a game, if it happens, or if you're late for a game?

I don't see what's wrong with somebody wanting to watch all games. Sure, sometimes you have something else to do so you can't watch it. But if you can, why not? Unless if its preventing you from doing other things you want.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Habsland35

i watched 81 games last year...i missed 1...this year i plan on changing that number to 82 games

Habsland35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Once I know I'm going to miss a game I'm mad for 1 hour or more. I know i'm going to miss a game in two weeks and i'm already sad about it

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Hell, I'm planning on moving out west just so I can see the games at 4:30pm.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CHCl3

Last season, I watched about 60 Habs regular season games live (plus a few other games, mostly Jackets and Preds).
That's a pretty good number to me, since most games start around 1 a.m. over here, which means going to bed between 4 and 5 a.m.
(Afternoon games ftw.)

I often start working at 1 p.m. or after, so I can manage my sleep time.
I plan to do pretty much the same this year.
(And I'll try to catch a few more KHL games, which are more favourably timed.)

I don't know what I would do if I was in a North American time zone though... but I'd probably get closer to 82.

CHCl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:18 PM
ScottFC

I watched 80 games last year missed 2 because I was in Cuba. I watched 82 games 2 years running before that.

I'm in night school this year from tuesday to thursday and going to be missing a couple of games

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
gym 5:30-6:30. 6:30-7 getting food ready/eating. 7-9:30ish game. 10, bar.
Most of the time I'm a the gym at 6:30ish; my gym is one block away from my place, so I go home, relax, have a pre-workout snack.
But yeah, that's too much relaxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
At least you can watch the games in the corner of your eye at the happy hours! My old gym also had TVs in the gym where they would play the habs.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking; one eye on a babe and one eye on the game; the last time I did that, I got a severe migraine.
But yeah, my gym has enough TV screens with sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
So you get a strong feeling of withdrawal when you can't watch a game, if it happens, or if you're late for a game?

I don't see what's wrong with somebody wanting to watch all games. Sure, sometimes you have something else to do so you can't watch it. But if you can, why not? Unless if its preventing you from doing other things you want.
So far, I havent experienced withdrawal; I missed the opener vs Toronto - which is unheard of for me; usually, I'm always pumped up for the opener @ T.O
And regarding the Pittsburgh game (Saturday), I caught the 3rd period only (but it was good, buahahahaha Fleury)

So far, so good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsland35 View Post
i watched 81 games last year...i missed 1...this year i plan on changing that number to 82 games
lol

Old
10-12-2010, 01:23 PM
saints96

Naw man i feel you. i caught 81 games. I missed one due to the death of my grandfather. I was at the funeral at the time of the game, but when i got home i watched canadien express.

I even skipped out on my works christmas party.. well just the meal. My party was on the same night as the Centenial Game. So i HAD to see that game, so during the meal, a couple of work buddies and i went next door tom the St Hubert( right next to the Bell Center) because our party was at the Windsor. So we watched the entire game there and missed the meal of our christmas party. And let me tell you, it was worth it

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:25 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
Naw man i feel you. i caught 81 games. I missed one due to the death of my grandfather. I was at the funeral at the time of the game, but when i got home i watched canadien express.

At least you didnt listen to a mini-radio during the funeral

Old
10-12-2010, 01:27 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post

At least you didnt listen to a mini-radio during the funeral
naw man i would never do that. ive gots more respect than that

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:28 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
naw man i would never do that. ive gots more respect than that
good to know

Old
10-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Last year I watched all 82 Habs games, only 3 or 4 on the archive service of ESPN player and about 70-75 games of the Bulldogs, mostly live unless they clashed with the Habs plus a bunch of other NHL games when I could.

This year I probably won't be watching many Bulldogs games, at least at the start of the year but have already watched 10 NHL games live and bits of various other games during intermissions and after other games finish. I'll probably watch all the Habs games live this year unless I have some technical issues. And I'll make up for my lack of AHL action by watching more NHL games.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Brit6

It all depends on your priorities i guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
At the end of the 09-10 regular season, I realized that I had watched al 82 reg. season games

That's too much TV for me; I'm a hardcore Habs fan, but I'm gonna try to cut it down from 82 to - gulp - around 20 games this season.

I work from 9 to 5, and there are so many things to do after work - go to the gym, happy hours , etc....
(By the way, I live and work downtown).

Do you suffer from Habs games addcition as well ?

Brit6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Kebekoi

I missed the game vs the Pens, but I taped Canadiens Express on my PVR.

I missed the last 10 minutes of the game due to ****ing Antichambre and saw on RIS that Montreal won 3-2 instead of losing 2-1 like it was surely going.

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:30 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Meh, whatever makes you happy. I love the emotions I go through watching sports, should get off my ass and play some more!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:33 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCl3 View Post
Last season, I watched about 60 Habs regular season games live (plus a few other games, mostly Jackets and Preds).
That's a pretty good number to me, since most games start around 1 a.m. over here, which means going to bed between 4 and 5 a.m.
(Afternoon games ftw.)

I often start working at 1 p.m. or after, so I can manage my sleep time.
I plan to do pretty much the same this year.
(And I'll try to catch a few more KHL games, which are more favourably timed.)

I don't know what I would do if I was in a North American time zone though... but I'd probably get closer to 82.
I'm reall impressed

You Sir, are a real fan

Old
10-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Habs

I watch a fair amount, but rarely live.. I record every game now. I started playing hockey again a couple years ago, and don't have enough time between work, kids and hobbies to watch live any more.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:41 PM
NHLcrazy

I used to watch all the game but one variable changed in my life last spring.

That variable is called girlfriend.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

re

Quote:
I used to watch all the game but one variable changed in my life last spring.

That variable is called girlfriend.
What is a girlfriend?

On a more serious note, I kinda know where you are coming from, I too watch all the games...Sometimes on RDS, Canadiens Express...now going to school (university) full time AND working part time and playing recreational sports nearly every day it is amazing how much hockey I watch and play...and read on tsn, hfboards, blogs etc...

So yeah in a nutshell for better time management if it is affecting your other aspects of your quality of life etc I suggest Canadians express on RDS...if you do not live with videotron or whatever you can always watch highlights on tsn or rds...etc

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:55 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:

I even skipped out on my works christmas party.. well just the meal. My party was on the same night as the Centenial Game. So i HAD to see that game, so during the meal, a couple of work buddies and i went next door tom the St Hubert( right next to the Bell Center) because our party was at the Windsor. So we watched the entire game there and missed the meal of our christmas party. And let me tell you, it was worth it
I laughed out loud

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 01:58 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
So yeah in a nutshell for better time management if it is affecting your other aspects of your quality of life etc I suggest Canadians express on RDS...if you do not live with videotron or whatever you can always watch highlights on tsn or rds...etc
Yeah once in a while I record Canadiens Express (I'm with Videotron)
The good thing with Express is that it's really condensed into 1 hour - not a lot of commercial breaks, no intermission, etc)

Old
10-12-2010, 02:05 PM
coolasprICE

You know you have issues if you watch 82 games / yr live and another 82 games per year on RDS express or recorded. If you are in this category go seek help and get medicated ASAP.

Last year i watched way too much hockey for my own good -- prbly 55-65 games + plus every playoff game

I want to cut down and watch more games on express on the weeknight.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote