HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Analysis - NYI v NYR 10/11/10

Old
10-11-2010, 09:24 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

vCash: 500
Roster Analysis - NYI v NYR 10/11/10

Eaton: Quiet, solid afternoon, though I'd prefer he wasn't paired with Wiz.
Hunter: Threw the body around, got some good shots off. His lack of speed is obvious.
Mottau: What's not to like about Mottau? Solid transition D.
Bailey: Like night and day vs last year. Effective on both ends of the ice, and simply dominant with the puck on his stick.
Gillies: Kind of pointless (my view on most enforcers)
Parenteau: Just not seeing it. He gets pushed around and he doesn't have much of a shot (he lucked out with his goal, missing an empty net and putting the puck in off Lundqvist.) His passes are OK, when he isn't giving the puck away, but we need a finisher.
Sim: Does his job. Nothing special.
Wisniewski: Just an incredible pick-up. While he has his brainfarts, he adds so many dimensions, and can be a fan favorite too.
Martinek: Kind of like Eaton in many ways.
Niederreiter: I'd send him to the W. He shows lots of promise, but he's running around banging into guys, trying to do too much. Let him get another year being dominant.
Moulson: Hard work doesn't go away.
Jurcina: No complaints so far.
Konopka: Gets tossed from dot too much, but he seems to be a positive influence.
Grabner: Nice shot, but needs to use it.
MacDonald: Might be best all-around D besides Wiz.
Nielsen: So underrated it's ridiculous. Can so a little bit of everything.
Comeau: In the past, the issue is when he lets off the gas. Two games in, he's putting it through the floor.
Weight: I don't remember him being so fast. Nice to see he's still got some skill, but if he takes a lazy penalty like that hook on Gaborik again, I will put him down like Ol Yeller.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Jester9881

I can't kill weight for taking Gaborik down there..... I'm not happy about him coughing the puck up to him in the first place though. I wouldn't say that takedown was lazy.... I think he knew what he was doing.

Jester9881 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Augscura

Yeah like Weight said, there was no way he was going to catch him at a dead stop so pulling him down was really all he could do.

Augscura is offline   Reply With Quote