HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Greiss

Old
10-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Tyrolean

vCash: 500
Oilers have first dibs on any waived player this season. It would be unwise not to use this advantage at least once.

I hope they do the proper asset management with these advantages.

Griess was not picked up by any other team so that tells me something.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:09 PM
tv14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChipProspect View Post
Greiss cleared so there is no way one of our goalies doesn't.
I think it was evident they would clear last week, when Ersberg cleared, who has significantly better stats than either of our goalies.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Keggatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary View Post
Relax, running with three goalies has only cost us one cup so far. Which was nothing compared to the sting we would have felt losing Mike Morrison or Ty Conklin. So it's obviously better to keep all three right, since Goalies thrive off less playing/practice time.

Trust me this is the best way for two young developing goalies to reach thier potential. We proved that when we gave them no team to work with in the minors before. And again when we buried JDD under Roloson and Garon.

Management has proven they know how to handle goalies best, we should trust them to do the right thing and sign another big fish this offseason to be our starter.

Damn I don't know how much more whinning I can do in one post. Guess I'll find out when we see the next boneheaded move to deal with our stoppers
Hilarious.

Keggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 04:32 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

vCash: 50
I'm pretty certain even if Bernier and Halak were waived this week... the Oilers would still hold firm with their current trio of goalies on the roster. They seem hellbent on keeping both backups on the team and finding out whichever one has the most NHL potential.

It's working out well too... DD and JDD take turns playing rod hockey in the press box against Smac and Strudsy... and they play hardcore too... marble instead of the plastic puck.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 05:27 PM
zeus3007*

Griess cleared, now is the time to send down one of our two backups so they can start in OKC. If Greiss wasn't picked, neither will DD, so send him down. The playing time in Oklahoma will do nothing but help him out.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote