HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/9 - Which is more frustrating?

View Poll Results: Which is more frustrating?
Josh Harding's Injury 0 0%
Todd Richards Behind The Bench 21 58.33%
Craig Leipold's Ownership 0 0%
Chuck Fletcher's Management 3 8.33%
Clayton Stoner's Defensive Play 1 2.78%
Gui Latendresse's Fitness 1 2.78%
≥ Team of 18,000 0 0%
Other (please explain) 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-12-2010, 02:36 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Well Mitts isn't like Weller I'll give you that but Prucha was at one time a 20-30 goal scorer.

So if not Prucha, Alexei Ponikarovsky or Raffi Torres?

I mean essentially what we did for Kobasew was trade one of our top prospects in Fallstrom (at the time), a 2nd and Weller for Kobasew. So if we get off to a bad start, are we going to trade Brodziak, a 2nd next year and Zucker or Sallien for another 20 goal scorer?

Last edited by this providence: 10-12-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Editing out a Deleted Post
thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
Well Mitts isn't like Weller I'll give you that but Prucha was at one time a 20-30 goal scorer.

So if not Prucha, Alexei Ponikarovsky or Raffi Torres?

I mean essentially what we did for Kobasew was trade one of our top prospects in Fallstrom (at the time), a 2nd and Weller for Kobasew. So if we get off to a bad start, are we going to trade Brodziak, a 2nd next year and Zucker or Sallien for another 20 goal scorer?
Does every trade we make have to be a mirror image of a previous one? Or do you think that changes in circumstances may alter the components of deals that are made? Just a thought.

And Fallstrom was never one of our top prospects.

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 04:11 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
And Fallstrom was never one of our top prospects.
After how much tsk continues to reference him, I do have to wonder how much he's actually seen him play. At this point, I'd be shocked if he even had a Petr Kalus type career. He's looked incredibly lost at Harvard.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
nickschultzfan

It's frustrating that we don't use Kobasew effectively. Putting him on a line with Madden and a grinder (Clutterbuck/Nystrom/Brodziak/Staubitz) is such a waste of his talent.

I used to watch Kobasew a lot when he was on Boston. He was a fantastic 3rd winger. Just great. Skates hard. Checks. Bangs in 20 goals. Although, he did play with better centers.

Too bad he probably won't be re-signed if the current trend continues. Because once we start rocking Koivu->Granlund->Cullen down the middle, we are going to need some depth wingers with some scoring ability above 10 goals.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 04:39 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Guys, please try not to direct personal attacks towards others. Disagree with them, but lets not make it personal. Thanks.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:03 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
After how much tsk continues to reference him, I do have to wonder how much he's actually seen him play. At this point, I'd be shocked if he even had a Petr Kalus type career. He's looked incredibly lost at Harvard.
And yet he was still a freshman that put up 12 points in 32 games at Harvard.

Fallstrom was one of our top prospects, which shows how bad our prospect system was back when Riser left. I would say top 10.

As for mirroring, no I am basing off of the usual trades Fletcher has done. Johnsson + Leddy for Barker. 5th for Staubitz. 2nd, Weller and Fallstrom for Kobasew.

But again what are we going to shake up this roster if we continue to have a sluggish start?

MOD EDIT: Deleted

Last edited by GopherState: 10-12-2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: see previous warning
Old
10-12-2010, 05:13 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
And yet he was still a freshman that put up 12 points in 32 games at Harvard.
You say this like it was a good thing. Truthfully tsk, how much did you see of Fallstrom last season at Harvard? I mean, even the general college hockey population in MN had to see him in the Gopher series. And he was a ghost there as well.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:27 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
You say this like it was a good thing. Truthfully tsk, how much did you see of Fallstrom last season at Harvard? I mean, even the general college hockey population in MN had to see him in the Gopher series. And he was a ghost there as well.
The fact of the matter is, he was a prospect. He was a freshman and as posted above, he didn't like Minnesota's brass continuing to watch him. I've kept an eye on him and the boston reports coming out.

While he might turn out to be a Ryan Jones type of player somewhere down the road (and mind you, he is considering himself a power forward), we cannot project now until later.

Given that as well Fallstrom and Haula played together and roomed togethere as well...there was chemistry between those two players and Haula is one of our top prospects.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:35 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Although he has the possibility to overachieve, Haula's at best a midrange prospect right now. He's something like ninth in most prospect rankings.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2010, 06:48 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

And that's still pretty good.

To me, I am not going to judge our coach until next year when we have a roster that is more built to his coaching ability.