vCash: 500
Burmistrov signed to 3yr ELC

http://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie

Old
10-05-2010, 02:56 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

It's either he makes the team or goes to Barrie.

Old
10-05-2010, 03:27 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
I think this move is to allow him to play out a nine game tryout. He may end up back in Barrie at the end of that time, but I think the intention of management is for him to stick in the NHL for the season.

Old
10-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Juneemoon

According to Vivlamore's twitter it's $810,000 a year plus a $270,000 signing bonus. He gets that signing bonus now, right?

Old
10-05-2010, 04:05 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

He'll stick with the team.

Old
10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
I don't see him playing more than 9 games but who knows.

Old
10-05-2010, 09:11 PM
hockey momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
According to Vivlamore's twitter it's $810,000 a year plus a $270,000 signing bonus. He gets that signing bonus now, right?
not the whole thing. It is divided up in 6 pyments

Old
10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Juneemoon

Aw..Sasha got his number...

http://twitter.com/benthrashers

Quote:
Alex Burmistrov will switch from his training camp number of 49 to #8 to start the season. #Thrashers
30 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Old
10-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Sabreality

i gotta say, i've been pretty impressed with the kid so far..he looks like he belongs, no doubt...a few rookie gaffes, but he seems pretty fearless and not overmatched one bit to this point..i was leary of the Datsyuk comparisons, but i see it...very promising.

Old
10-10-2010, 10:20 AM
AintLifeGrand

BURMISTROV- OH MY GOD, it was so much fun to watch him dangle around so many tampa players last night. He looked incredible out there, too bad he's paired with Eager and Thorburn, because him centering Gucci Kane would be puck magic.

Everytime i saw him with the puck, whether it was shaking off checks, or dangling through legs I kept getting exponentially more impressed.

Old
10-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
BURMISTROV- OH MY GOD, it was so much fun to watch him dangle around so many tampa players last night. He looked incredible out there, too bad he's paired with Eager and Thorburn, because him centering Gucci Kane would be puck magic.

Everytime i saw him with the puck, whether it was shaking off checks, or dangling through legs I kept getting exponentially more impressed.
yeah, and i'm not even talking about his puck skills either which have been great..he seems to have a 'headiness' about his game..great along the boards for his size and is a demon defensively..i dont mind him playing with eager and thor for now, that lines been good..i like that he's 'learning' the dirty work side of his game 1st..the O chances will come.

Old
10-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Redtoemonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post

I hope, atleast for a while, Burmistrov stays on that line. He's really contributing to that line's success with his speed. But what's so great about Burmistrov is how good he is defensively already. He's a lot like Kane in that regard, just smaller and faster. It's usually the opposite with rookie forwards. He's been amazing on the forecheck as well as backcheck, and has done well on the PK. And he has good speed to get the puck deep. I think he should stay on that line if he stays with the Thrashers this season. He is still a rookie, a small one at that. If he goes on the scoring line, he'll just be too easy to shut down. I can see his rookie season being like Kane's, lots of PK time, a more defensive line, and time to mature into a COMPLETE player. I don't particularly want another Russian who doesn't know how to play defense on the Thrashers. He can worry about becoming a leading Thrashers scorer when he matures and gains some weight. And he could really make Thorburn and Eager an offensive threat. Shoot, he danced into Tampa's zone alone, got stripped, no one picked up Eager, and he scored. That's just one of those plays that doesn't show up in the score sheet.

Old
10-10-2010, 11:22 AM
TasteofFlames

These 2 games have definately made Rammer's upcoming decision tha tmuch more difficult. If Burmistrov continues to play like this, then I think he'll stick, and I was positive coming into the season that he gets 9 and goes back to junior.

Old
10-12-2010, 01:29 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Viv:

Quote:
After two games, #Thrashers coach Craig Ramsay anticipates first-round pick Alexander Burmistrov will remain in NHL all season.
I'm guessing Dawes on waivers for Slater (after rehab in CHI) is the only move made for awhile.

Old
10-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Viv:

I'm guessing Dawes on waivers for Slater (after rehab in CHI) is the only move made for awhile.
Not surprising given how he has played... if he keeps up the good defensive play i have no problem with it at all.

there will be a move on defense soon. Dudley already said he doesnt want to carry 8 D-men for very long

Old
10-12-2010, 01:44 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
there will be a move on defense soon. Dudley already said he doesnt want to carry 8 D-men for very long
Good call...totally forgot about the 8 D.

Old
10-12-2010, 02:32 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
He'll stick with the team.
knew it.

Burmistrov is going to be a Thrasher all season.

Old
10-12-2010, 03:03 PM
The Maltais Falcon

I still wish we'd send him back to juniors. No sense putting pressure on him to perform night in and night out at this level at age 18. We've been pretty lucky with Bogosian and Kane being able to handle it but sooner or later the odds will catch up with us playing all these kids. I don't want another Patrik Stefan. He played a reasonably complete game too ... but the offense we hoped for never came. He had motivation issues that Burmistrov doesn't appear to have but I can't help but wonder whether he might've turned out differently had so much pressure been placed on him at such a young age.

Old
10-12-2010, 03:47 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
knew it.

Burmistrov is going to be a Thrasher all season.
http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=27329131&postcount=3

Beat ya to it...;-)

Seriously though... This kid is a beast. I'm really looking forward to in a couple of years when Telegin is ready to join him on the big club.

Old
10-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
I'll eat my crow on this. I was wrong he is going stick and has been very entertaining to watch.

Old
10-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maltais Falcon View Post
I still wish we'd send him back to juniors. No sense putting pressure on him to perform night in and night out at this level at age 18. We've been pretty lucky with Bogosian and Kane being able to handle it but sooner or later the odds will catch up with us playing all these kids. I don't want another Patrik Stefan. He played a reasonably complete game too ... but the offense we hoped for never came. He had motivation issues that Burmistrov doesn't appear to have but I can't help but wonder whether he might've turned out differently had so much pressure been placed on him at such a young age.
Agreed, with Cormier and Slater due back at some point, I think sending him back would not hurt him.

Old
10-12-2010, 05:59 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

At some point in this season Burmistrov is going to get destroyed. His legs looks like toothpicks out there- if Bogosian's could snap on a routine check, I hate to see what happens to his.

I'd rather see him develop and refine his game in the minors at least another season before we bring him up for a full year. I'm sold on the 5-9 games then send him down.

Old
10-12-2010, 06:52 PM
fatschoonerrat

I'm just a fan. Unless Rick Dudley is some kind of crazy, overzealous fool (which I could believe given that haircut), I trust they're doing the right thing.

Old
10-12-2010, 07:12 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatschoonerrat View Post
Unless Rick Dudley is some kind of crazy, overzealous fool (which I could believe given that haircut), I trust they're doing the right thing.

Old
10-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Lemon Lover
Forever in Blueland

The kid has all the heart (and more) to play right now in the NHL, and his talent is almost there too. But the fact is his body is just not ready. It needs at least one more year. Please send him back and give that tiny frame a chance to mature. This kid could really get broken if he stays up all season. It isn't worth the risk.

Closed Thread