Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Swiss hockey players in NHL/AHL

Old
09-23-2010, 04:52 PM
torero

vCash: 500
Preseason games ...

Gerber

Is doing well with the Edmonton Oilers. Among the best players they have.

Wick

Is disapointing fans so far. He will need some time in AHL to adjust to the North American grit in the game.

Blindenbacher

Is doing quite well. Will need some time in AHL unless he gets quickly the rythme on the smaller ice.

Hiller

Played well, had a shutout during half the game he played. 19 saves on 19 shots.

Sbisa

Apparently among the best player in the team

Weber

Disapointing so far.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2010, 02:34 PM
jonas2244

I wouldn't call Weber disapointing, I'd say he shows what I expected.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 02:58 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
I wouldn't call Weber disapointing, I'd say he shows what I expected.
Regretfully ... yes !

Where is the period when he had the best shot for a rookie, when he was scoring ... assisting ... SNIPING ! and being an excellent defense ??

Maybe he needs more time to adjust ...

A very smart comment was suggesting that maybe he was simply too small !! I would translate this into : maybe stepping up his game asked him a fundamental adjustement that for the time being, and UNTIL it will be acquired, will take its toll on the brain dedication to the game !

Whatever ... good luck Yannick, keep working ... it will pay.

Old
09-25-2010, 03:11 AM
torero

Blindenbacher

While recording a -1 in the last preseason game, he seems to please Crawford (Dallas' coach). They are happy with the progress Blindenbacher is making.
The open wisdom is still that he will start in AHL. But the stars had their camp split into AHL and NHL. Blindenbacher was with the NHL side and Crawford is quite ellogious on him.

Regretfully I haven't seen a game yet !

Wick

Didn't dress up for the last game. Certainly the coach is putting him under pressure ... to get his guts for the next game. I saw highly criticized players dressed up while Wick, didn't therefore i am convinced they want to squeez the guts play out of him. He may give too much the impression of quietness and reservation rather than the image of the warrior with a knife in his teeths (my own speculation).

Gerber

Didn't dress up the last game neither. They are testing the 2 goalies that are with him. remember that out of 4 goalies, Gerber is the only having a 2 way contract ! and he is also with Kabibulin the veteran. Therefore they still want to give their chance to the 2 young guys.
Sad because Gerber is a goood goalie who still has some years in front of him .

Old
09-25-2010, 05:27 AM
jonas2244

It's just normal that a player doesn't play all preaseason-games. I wouldn't interpret too much into that.

Mayer seemed to play really good, he'll surely play for the Hamilton Bulldogs this season and he even might get the number one spot there.

Old
09-25-2010, 08:26 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Regretfully ... yes !

Where is the period when he had the best shot for a rookie, when he was scoring ... assisting ... SNIPING ! and being an excellent defense ??

Maybe he needs more time to adjust ...

A very smart comment was suggesting that maybe he was simply too small !! I would translate this into : maybe stepping up his game asked him a fundamental adjustement that for the time being, and UNTIL it will be acquired, will take its toll on the brain dedication to the game !

Whatever ... good luck Yannick, keep working ... it will pay.
I would say that Weber's defensive shortcoming go way further than simply not being strong enough to clear the slot. I honestly was never that impressed by him and would be surprise if he becomes an NHL regular.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2010, 12:12 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I would say that Weber's defensive shortcoming go way further than simply not being strong enough to clear the slot. I honestly was never that impressed by him and would be surprise if he becomes an NHL regular.
My view was rather that at a point in time, he was a very good puck mover, smart defender with clear sniping skills ... they were even evoking Weber as the future Streit in the Habs organisation because of the good results he was having with his team and the poor results the habs were having in PP.

Then he started playing at NHL level ... and panick ...whatever ... all was gone.

Maybe, since he is small, he has to do a greater work with his brain in order to anticipate things .... replacing muscle by brainpower. Since he has not acquired yet these learned reflexes, it takes brainpower. Consequently he seems to be lost in the rink, because everything goes too fast.
When he will have acquired these anticipation elements at a reflex level, his brain will be free to work like it did before ... and he will recover his puck moving skills, vision of the game ...

That is my 2cts idea...

Old
09-26-2010, 01:47 PM
jonas2244

He played great at the Olympics in the Quarter vs. the USA, he showed there that he's able to play at that level. He just needs to do it at every game and that's probably the problem.

Old
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM
swissexpert

Streit out for 6 months! All newspapers confirmed it today.

That sucks!

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 04:22 AM
swisdan

Quote:
Blindenbacher

While recording a -1 in the last preseason game, he seems to please Crawford (Dallas' coach). They are happy with the progress Blindenbacher is making.
The open wisdom is still that he will start in AHL. But the stars had their camp split into AHL and NHL. Blindenbacher was with the NHL side and Crawford is quite ellogious on him.

Wick

Didn't dress up for the last game. Certainly the coach is putting him under pressure ... to get his guts for the next game. I saw highly criticized players dressed up while Wick, didn't therefore i am convinced they want to squeez the guts play out of him. He may give too much the impression of quietness and reservation rather than the image of the warrior with a knife in his teeths (my own speculation).

Gerber

Didn't dress up the last game neither. They are testing the 2 goalies that are with him. remember that out of 4 goalies, Gerber is the only having a 2 way contract ! and he is also with Kabibulin the veteran. Therefore they still want to give their chance to the 2 young guys.
Like Jonas said, it's not because a player don't play a exhibition game he's not in a good shape or he won't be part of the team. Some teams even play 2 games in the same day. A lot of players are tested.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Wagiblues

Roman Wick ???

Quote:
Blindenbacher

Wick

Gerber

Cannot really believe, Wick is not capable for NHL-Level. There must be a way to "enlight" him. Wick lights the candle. Seriousely, this man is a good player, but must be integratet in a offensive line. He is not really a "Bandenhobler", not really great as a checker.

Wagiblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2010, 01:36 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagiblues View Post
Cannot really believe, Wick is not capable for NHL-Level. There must be a way to "enlight" him. Wick lights the candle. Seriousely, this man is a good player, but must be integratet in a offensive line. He is not really a "Bandenhobler", not really great as a checker.
I fully agree with you, but the experience with ambuhl showed me that it is not necessarily the case.

Ambuhl was playing in an average AHL team, he (IMO) was the best player out their but couldn't influence the game and had little impact ! he didn't produce ... .

Wick is giffted, no doubt. hopefully he can score ! because only by scoring or assisting, you get the opportunities to have more ice time and to be integrated in better lines.

(They put Ambuhl on the first lines after he played greatly in the Olympic games ... for some games only ... no points were scored ... and he returned to the 3rd line !!)

Old
09-28-2010, 04:10 AM
Wagiblues

Quote:
I fully agree with you, but the experience with ambuhl showed me that it is not necessarily the case.

Ambuhl was playing in an average AHL team, he (IMO) was the best player out their but couldn't influence the game and had little impact ! he didn't produce ... .

Wick is giffted, no doubt. hopefully he can score ! because only by scoring or assisting, you get the opportunities to have more ice time and to be integrated in better lines.

(They put Ambuhl on the first lines after he played greatly in the Olympic games ... for some games only ... no points were scored ... and he returned to the 3rd line !!)
Thks - can agree. Now hoping, Wick finds agressivity, that helps to threw his class in his game. Otherwise he wd be out of hunt in NHL

Wagiblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 05:07 AM
swisdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Like you, i expect nothing about Weber. It's not in my mind he will be a nhl player.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2010, 06:20 AM
swissexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
Like you, i expect nothing about Weber. It's not in my mind he will be a nhl player.
I even expect a lot from him.
I'm sure he has the potential to become a regular NHLer.
He tried too much in the Olympics, but it's there to learn. Nino also didn't do much on international stage, and that was the WC, a lower quality tournament. Although he's already 22, he does have some time to learn, especially as a defenseman.
I just hope all the bashing etc. doesn't affect him psychological, he definitely has the skills to compete on this level.

Old
09-28-2010, 07:11 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

It's possible to become an NHL defenseman without much strength, but you need quickness and a good hockey sense to make up for it, and while a 22 years old can certainly improve his positionning and anticipation, Weber's skating is just not good enough. His lateral movements are terrible.

Old
09-29-2010, 02:39 PM
torero

Wick

was sent to Binghampton. Sen's farm team. In the last game with the Sens, he played 10 minutes and was apparently pretty slow and invisible ... .

Blindenbacher

Played for the Stars against Colorado and had an assist in PP. His record as P.Killing seems to be 100% so far. Highly appreciated, he would be considered as a good add on the Star's roster. Apparently their is a problem on the financial side, since the stars are not having a stellar financial condition.

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2010/9/...r-roster-spots

Robert Meyer

Was sent to the AHL, as expected. But he seems to be in good shape ! And since Price is all but constant and Alex Auld is ... . Well in my view, sooner or later Meyer will have a shot at it if he gets the 1a in Hamilton.

Old
09-29-2010, 03:10 PM
swissexpert

You mean Auld is old
Every user here except the habs fans thinks Price will struggle, but I don't think so.
Price is the starter and the same generation as Mayer, so I don't see a chance in Montreal for years. His Backup should be a veteran, not a unexperienced one from the AHL like Mayer.
But you're right, if he earns the starting job in Bingo, he could become interesting for other teams and I don't think that's impossible.

Old
09-29-2010, 04:59 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
You mean Auld is old
Every user here except the habs fans thinks Price will struggle, but I don't think so.
Price is the starter and the same generation as Mayer, so I don't see a chance in Montreal for years. His Backup should be a veteran, not a unexperienced one from the AHL like Mayer.
But you're right, if he earns the starting job in Bingo, he could become interesting for other teams and I don't think that's impossible.

Auld is too old to be on hold
or German version
Auld is too old to be held as a Held !

The fact is that Price sometimes plays lights ! i agree ! he also sometimes plays veeeery poorly ! but he is the litle chéri in the Habs system and fanbase. (although the last is eroding)
I, for example, found absolutely unfair how he was treated and how Halak was treated ! They should have kept Halak !!
Therefore i could see them, if Price is in one of his bad periods, being tired of him and giving a chance to ... Auld ... and the nber 1 from Bingo !.
It is not the first time that the Habs enter into that type of behaviour !! they let the good player go and keep the bad one !!
But the positive scenario Meyer/Habs would be that they get tired of Price ... and his priceless mistakes ! Auld remains faithfull to Auld and ... he gets a shot !

(dreams are free !)

Old
10-01-2010, 03:38 PM
smitty10

Gerber has been placed on waivers by Edmonton.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 03:54 PM
torero

Wick

Has been transfered to Binghampton Senators ... Ottawa's farm team. In the last game, he scored a goal. great ! on the other side, with his indolence, he gave a false pass, that landed on the stick of another team's player ... who scored or assisted !

He doesn't seem to enjoy it ! He seems to be absolutely unhappy in what he is doing. He seems to be unwilling to fight for a spot in NHL. And to show it oppenly. This attitude will lead him nowhere ... .

Hopefully all this will go better and he will gain some grit !

Talent is their ... obviously ... but talent without grit is not something hockey world in america appreciate !

Courage Roman ... GoRomanGo !

Old
10-12-2010, 08:09 AM
swissexpert

removed the table to the extern thread

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=829385

Last edited by swissexpert: 10-13-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old
10-12-2010, 02:13 PM
duga

Quote:
Please let me know if you see something wrong or missing.
Devin Muller plays for the Salmon Arm Silverbacks of the CJHL.

duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 02:59 AM
swissexpert

Thanks, added him.

I think I should open a new thread for just the list without much discussion, so it's fast to find.
I hope the moderators allow this if I hold it up to date .

Last edited by swissexpert: 10-13-2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old
10-13-2010, 03:15 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:
Thanks, added him.

I think I'd open a new thread for just the list without much discussion, so it's fast to find.
I hope the moderator allows it if I hold this up to date .
Of course it's allowed. I even made your thread a sticky!