HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

All Things Binghamton Senators Continued

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

vCash: 500
Lehner on his way...

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...Id=personaDest

No doubt he'll be starting Fri night..

Old
10-12-2010, 07:28 PM
backdoorpass

again for all you non believes i think i said a couple days ago they plan on signing a dman that can play some games

Old
10-12-2010, 07:30 PM
PoltinSens

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoorpass View Post
again for all you non believes i think i said a couple days ago they plan on signing a dman that can play some games
for the NHL or the AHL

we have more than enough AHL defencemen

Old
10-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
I really hope you are trying to be funny.
I kinda was, but I care more about seeing how Lehner does than anything else. I would not mind him facing one of the best shots in the game 7 or 8 times

Old
10-12-2010, 08:50 PM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Lehner on his way...

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...Id=personaDest

No doubt he'll be starting Fri night..
Are games broadcast on the radio?

Old
10-12-2010, 09:11 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Are games broadcast on the radio?
All Binghamton Senators games are broadcasted on the radio, on two [2] AM stations down here.

Link to the online stream is on the Binghamton Senators website. I do NOT think the link works in Canada. As the pre season games against Hamilton people in Canada had to use the Hamilton web link to listen................................

Old
10-13-2010, 08:19 AM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
All Binghamton Senators games are broadcasted on the radio, on two [2] AM stations down here.

Link to the online stream is on the Binghamton Senators website. I do NOT think the link works in Canada. As the pre season games against Hamilton people in Canada had to use the Hamilton web link to listen................................
thanks - I'll try a proxy and post if I can get it working

Old
10-13-2010, 10:58 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Lehner is here from @ PSB

Lehner is here
Posted 10/13/2010 11:45 AM EDT on pressconnects.com
There is no longer a need for any confusion, speculation, suspicion or anticipation when it comes to Robin Lehner's arrival.

He is finally here.

The Swedish goaltending prospect arrived in Binghamton last night, after more than a week of delays we've been told revolved around immigration paperwork.

All that seems to be resolved, and Lehner is looking sharp in his first practice with the B-Sens.

I'll be speaking to him once practice is over, so we'll see if all the rumors about him having a remarkably high confidence level are true.

Old
10-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Lehner starts vs Hershey. I hope he doesn't get lit up.

Old
10-13-2010, 11:17 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Saw the Replay View Post
Lehner starts vs Hershey. I hope he doesn't get lit up.
He might. You need to be patient while he adjusts to the pros. If he steps into Bingo and immediately posts amazing numbers...that would be very strange to me personally. Fingers crossed though.

Old
10-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
He might. You need to be patient while he adjusts to the pros. If he steps into Bingo and immediately posts amazing numbers...that would be very strange to me personally. Fingers crossed though.
Yep, it's too bad the large majority of fans don't know how to temper expectations. I hope he wins the starters job, or wins the majority of starts depending on how they allow them to compete. If he does that at some point this year, you'll have a pretty good indication that this guy is every bit as good as the Sens think he is.

People have to remember, he's already ahead of the curve trying to play in this league and the initial plan would have saw him go back to Soo. Him being an adequate AHL starter at this point is what I'm hoping to come out of this season for him.

Old
10-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Alfredsson11

and it will be Lehner's first game since how long...?? Brutal, hes our top prospect, no reason to have weeks between games.

Old
10-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
and it will be Lehner's first game since how long...?? Brutal, hes our top prospect, no reason to have weeks between games.
Well except for work visa paperwork.

Old
10-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I know it still blows though

Old
10-13-2010, 01:32 PM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Im not fully aware of how work visas work, but wouldn't you think it could have been worked out weeks prior?

Old
10-13-2010, 01:59 PM
MikeyMagic

Send a message via MSN to MikeyMagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
Im not fully aware of how work visas work, but wouldn't you think it could have been worked out weeks prior?
That's what i'd think. From the start of camp they knew he was almost certainly gonna be sent to Binghamton.

Old
10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
Yes, it could. But when I got mine it took 20 min. He probably was just missing some key piece of paper - you can go all over the EU without much paper these days.

Old
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
petelevi

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoorpass View Post
If I remember your original post, you said someone for the ECHL who can play in the AHL. If that's correct, great. If not, Ottawa has too many blueliners in both the AHL and NHL (unless they trade someone). I can't think management is happy Gryba isn't playing in Bingo--prospects don't develop in the pressbox.

Old
10-13-2010, 03:17 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by petelevi View Post
If I remember your original post, you said someone for the ECHL who can play in the AHL. If that's correct, great. If not, Ottawa has too many blueliners in both the AHL and NHL (unless they trade someone). I can't think management is happy Gryba isn't playing in Bingo--prospects don't develop in the pressbox.
Not sure I agree with all of this "prospects can't develop in the pressbox" talk. Your starting 6 on D are Benoit, Schira, Kinrade, Wiercioch, Hale, Smith.

So which one do you sit in favor of Gryba? Kinrade, Schira, and Smith have been in the league and organization for two to three years now. Do you sit one of them over someone who has played 3 games in the AHL and is just starting their professional career? I'm not sure I follow the logic behind the "lets play Gryba" camp. I understand everyone is hot to see this guy play. I am too, I like his game, but seriously take an objective look at things, is there really a spot for him to play EVERY day? I don't think you can make that argument.

Old
10-13-2010, 04:14 PM
petelevi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Not sure I agree with all of this "prospects can't develop in the pressbox" talk.
How long do you want him to sit? Where is he on your depth chart? If all those guys are ahead of him then fine, but if this guy is someone you really like what's the point in sitting him?

Look, it's only two games in and I'm not that excited about it, but unlike Cowick and Dziurzynski (who are also sitting) Gryba is older and is signed for two years, not three. Why not see what he can do?

Old
10-13-2010, 05:19 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by petelevi View Post
How long do you want him to sit? Where is he on your depth chart? If all those guys are ahead of him then fine, but if this guy is someone you really like what's the point in sitting him?

Look, it's only two games in and I'm not that excited about it, but unlike Cowick and Dziurzynski (who are also sitting) Gryba is older and is signed for two years, not three. Why not see what he can do?
Ok, healthy debate time. I think Gryba is 5th-7th on the depth chart. I would say Schira and Kinrade fitting the bill for the other two spots. Right now, winning games is a motivation. Do you go with the rookie or the players that have experience? It's a very interesting dilemma.

You say the same for Cowick and Dziurzynski. Should they get playing time over Spencer, Lessard. How about Locke or Keller?

If Hale gets called up that obviously frees up a spot for Gryba, right now I see having Hale in Binghamton as the deterrent from playing Gryba. Is he a better player than some of those guys out there, sure, he might be. The response here would be well you won't know until you play him. I'm sure that in practice there are definite flaws in his game. I think the problem becomes if you bench Schira or Kinrade the PP suffers. You really can't run a PP with a team full of defensive defensemen. Which we seem to have. I consider Benoit, Hale, Smith, Gryba defensive d-men, and Wiercioch, Schira, and Kinrade offensive d-men. So if you look at it from that angle, then Gryba sits.

I would expect that if Spencer sits out a game and say Cowick hops in, that Gryba would be in for extra toughness at D.

What do you think?

Old
10-13-2010, 05:28 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

From B-Sens website

B-SENS RELEASE GOALTENDER SHANE CONNELLY
10/13/2010 2:47 PM
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. – The Binghamton Senators announced today they have released goaltender Shane Connelly from a professional try-out contract

Old
10-13-2010, 05:40 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

NHL Network to air 10 AHL games
October 13, 2010

NEW YORK/SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The NHL Network U.S. will put the developing talents of many of the game’s top young players on display this season when it broadcasts 10 American Hockey League games in partnership with the AHL.

Beginning on Oct. 17, when the Toronto Marlies play host to the Binghamton Senators, the NHL Network will broadcast of 10 Sunday afternoon games. The games will also air live on CBC in Canada.

AHL on CBC and NHL Network (US)
2010-11 Broadcast Schedule
Schedule subject to change...
All games also available live and on-demand on CBCSports.ca
Sunday, Oct. 17 – Binghamton at Toronto, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Oct. 24 – Oklahoma City at Hamilton, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Nov. 21 – Hamilton at Toronto, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Dec. 12 – Toronto at Hamilton, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Jan. 16 – Toronto at Abbotsford, 2:00 ET
Sunday, Jan. 23 – Abbotsford at Manitoba, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Feb. 27 – Manitoba at Toronto, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Mar. 6 – Hamilton at Toronto, 1:00 ET (delay on NHLN)
Sunday, Mar. 27 – Abbotsford at Manitoba, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Apr. 3 – Manitoba at Toronto, 1:00 ET (delay on NHLN)

NHL network is having a free preview this month on TWC so if you have their box you can watch the B-Sens @ Marlies this Sunday afternoon.....

Old
10-13-2010, 06:16 PM
petelevi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
I think Gryba is 5th-7th on the depth chart. I would say Schira and Kinrade fitting the bill for the other two spots. Right now, winning games is a motivation. Do you go with the rookie or the players that have experience? It's a very interesting dilemma.
If the organisation agrees with you about where Gryba is on the Bingo depth chart, then he can sit. My personal feeling is that Geoff Kinrade isn't considered a long term prospect and he'd be the easiest one to sit for Gryba.

Quote:
You say the same for Cowick and Dziurzynski. Should they get playing time over Spencer, Lessard. How about Locke or Keller?
Actually, I said the situations were different. They are both younger than Gryba and are on 3-year contracts (not 2). One could definitely play instead of Spencer, but it doesn't bother me if they sit.

Quote:
I consider Benoit, Hale, Smith, Gryba defensive d-men, and Wiercioch, Schira, and Kinrade offensive d-men. So if you look at it from that angle, then Gryba sits.
Benoit and Smith are both offensive defenseman, Kinrade is a defensive defenseman. As I said above, I'd flip Kinrade for Gryba (unless Kinrade is in the organisations long term plans). Obviously injuries or call-ups make it easier for guys to get into the lineup and show what they can do.

I don't think Gryba (or anyone else) is *entitled* to play no matter what--and I don't think it's a big deal for him to sit for a couple of games, but if it continues I just have to wonder what the point is. I'd rather see him get some action in Elmira than sit.

Old
10-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

From Thurs press release..

''While the B-Sens and Lehner were still waiting for his paperwork last week, Ottawa GM Brian Murray told media the young goalie had called himself "NHL-ready," arousing some suspicions as to whether he would start at the AHL level after all.

According to Lehner, his comments were blown out of proportion.

"That's actually not what I said," Lehner said Wednesday. "The big dog in Ottawa asked me if I was ready, and I said yes. I had a couple of good (preseason) games, so I didn't think it was it was uncomfortable playing them. I felt good. I wouldn't say no to playing games (in the NHL)."

Rest of online article follows;

http://www.pressconnects.com/article...amton+Senators

Closed Thread