HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Minnesota Wild Forum - FAQ & Ideas to Improve

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-28-2010, 02:39 PM
  #76
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,431
vCash: 500
Everyone's playing nice and talking every day, can't think of any ways to improve that.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
  #77
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Everyone's playing nice and talking every day, can't think of any ways to improve that.
Well the Wild haven't traded a 5th Round pick for someone in a while. Give it time...

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 03:08 PM
  #78
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
It's a dead part of the hockey year, but there are new folks and frankly I'm always interested in ways to improve our small little community. Bueller? Bueller?
Once again, throwing this out. I have a couple ideas of things to add, but I'm one person and frankly this isn't just a forum for me.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 03:24 PM
  #79
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,431
vCash: 500
It's pretty quiet and the prospect ranking kind of lost steam.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 03:30 PM
  #80
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Well it's September - things will pick up once the season starts up and there are actually new hockey things to discuss.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 03:36 PM
  #81
Jbcraig1883
Registered User
 
Jbcraig1883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Louisville, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,119
vCash: 500
I'm just throwing this out there but maybe we could do a player profile every day leading up to the season. Their strengths/negatives and expectations for the year?

For example:

Nick Schultz:

Good mobility, good at shutting down passing lanes. Solid stay-at home defender. Needs to get more shots on net. Needs to get back to what he does best, being solid in his own zone. Does not need to try to jump into the play.

Expectations: Return to old form, being a solid veteran who blocks shots, plays first PK minutes. Hopefully does not try to rush the puck or try to join in the rush as much. Less points than last year but better +/-.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 04:04 PM
  #82
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
I'm just throwing this out there but maybe we could do a player profile every day leading up to the season. Their strengths/negatives and expectations for the year?

For example:

Nick Schultz:

Good mobility, good at shutting down passing lanes. Solid stay-at home defender. Needs to get more shots on net. Needs to get back to what he does best, being solid in his own zone. Does not need to try to jump into the play.

Expectations: Return to old form, being a solid veteran who blocks shots, plays first PK minutes. Hopefully does not try to rush the puck or try to join in the rush as much. Less points than last year but better +/-.
I like this idea - how do we want to split up guys?

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 04:14 PM
  #83
Jbcraig1883
Registered User
 
Jbcraig1883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Louisville, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
I like this idea - how do we want to split up guys?
IMO, just roster guys, not prospects. And since we have time, it doesn't matter if you just go down the list or do offense, defense, goalie or whatever.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 05:07 PM
  #84
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocksta18 View Post
IMO, just roster guys, not prospects. And since we have time, it doesn't matter if you just go down the list or do offense, defense, goalie or whatever.
Sorry I meant figuring out which posters take which player.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 05:13 PM
  #85
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Sorry I meant figuring out which posters take which player.

Just do it like how the mock drafts are done: list the players, let the posters call dibs on who they want, and then tell us that our homework is due on this date so it can all be posted in one thread, and then everyone can have punch and pie while we rip each other for our opinions.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 05:58 PM
  #86
Jbcraig1883
Registered User
 
Jbcraig1883's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Louisville, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
Just do it like how the mock drafts are done: list the players, let the posters call dibs on who they want, and then tell us that our homework is due on this date so it can all be posted in one thread, and then everyone can have punch and pie while we rip each other for our opinions.
That works. I was thinking more along the lines of you making a post with the player name and then everyone gives pros/cons/expectations.

Either way should promote discussion.

Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2010, 06:06 PM
  #87
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Ahh. I like that idea better. Let's do it.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 01:45 PM
  #88
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Two things that I want to run by everyone:
1. I'm thinking of adding onto the first post in this thread with a bunch of Frequently Asked Questions. The two big questions are definitely "how do I embed a Youtube video?" and "why can't I vote in a poll?" but I'm sure there are others which people have.

2. There's a lot of small articles and blog posts over the season which don't entirely deserve their own thread but are interesting reads nonetheless. Would anyone be interested in having a post like the Oilers do (see here) where a lot of small articles get the attention they deserve? It can even be combined with the DDT once the season starts again.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2010, 01:45 PM
  #89
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Two things that I want to run by everyone:
1. I'm thinking of adding onto the first post in this thread with a bunch of Frequently Asked Questions. The two big questions are definitely "how do I embed a Youtube video?" and "why can't I vote in a poll?" but I'm sure there are others which people have.

2. There's a lot of small articles and blog posts over the season which don't entirely deserve their own thread but are interesting reads nonetheless. Would anyone be interested in having a post like the Oilers do (see here) where a lot of small articles get the attention they deserve? It can even be combined with the DDT once the season starts again.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 06:35 PM
  #90
Daryl
Registered User
 
Daryl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
There can be a few things that we all can do and that is:
-Spread the word to Wild fans that aren't on here.
-Participate on GDT threads,normal threads,and polls
-Keep the discussion going
-Help each other out
-And be patient with the progress where we will slowly thrive to acheive.

Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 02:32 PM
  #91
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,431
vCash: 500
Boy this forum seems like it's going downhill fast.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 02:37 PM
  #92
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
All forums go in waves...

Some time there is drama, other time, no drama.

I guess I should have put it in my bio that I post "vulcan". I've only felt "emotional" about one player in particular, and I haven't really ever let that show in any of my posts.

Sure, I might be snarky at times about players, but...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 02:38 PM
  #93
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,431
vCash: 500
Well it's the same thing happened to the Wild Boards, except we don't have any puck bunnies or guys coming on and starting the "TRADE BACKSTROM NOW!!1" as his first post.

Dudes all need to chill out.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 02:46 PM
  #94
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,461
vCash: 500
I agree that it's a little tough to come here and read the continued conversation right now. It's getting extremely old already and the season's just begun. Not having the strongest of starts in Finland and having this long delay in between the next game certainly isn't helping.

Even though it's going to be hard, just attempt to ignore the same old stuff and the things you're sick of. It's going to be a long year for all of us if the conversation like this keeps up.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 03:11 PM
  #95
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,476
vCash: 50
Not to be a Negative Nancy, but a little drama never hurt anyone on a message board. In fact, it helps spark debate and passion within people, so long as its at the opinion and not the person (even I've been guilty of that). Its when threads get hijacked into the same discussion every time that it becomes wasted. Those who do it know who they are.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 04:22 PM
  #96
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I agree that it's a little tough to come here and read the continued conversation right now. It's getting extremely old already and the season's just begun. Not having the strongest of starts in Finland and having this long delay in between the next game certainly isn't helping.

Even though it's going to be hard, just attempt to ignore the same old stuff and the things you're sick of. It's going to be a long year for all of us if the conversation like this keeps up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Not to be a Negative Nancy, but a little drama never hurt anyone on a message board. In fact, it helps spark debate and passion within people, so long as its at the opinion and not the person (even I've been guilty of that). Its when threads get hijacked into the same discussion every time that it becomes wasted. Those who do it know who they are.
I have to agree with both of these. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing or having a good discussion; it's the basis of conversation. However at this point there's not much to talk about given the week off after Finland and the losing streak makes it hard to stay positive. Hopefully this changes with the game tomorrow, but I will try to do a better job of being on top on the thread hijacking (which seems to be the bigger problem) so that doesn't bring down the collective mood of the forum.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 07:41 PM
  #97
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
On a much more positive note, what is everyone's thoughts on having a post-game thread rather than just continuing to talk about the game in the game-day thread?

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 07:59 PM
  #98
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
On a much more positive note, what is everyone's thoughts on having a post-game thread rather than just continuing to talk about the game in the game-day thread?
I think that would be good along with a general Todd Richard's thread because you know those are going to be cropping up A LOT lately.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 08:04 PM
  #99
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,773
vCash: 500
The one active one ("Is TR the problem?") is acting as such and any other thread will most likely be merged with it.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 08:10 PM
  #100
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,431
vCash: 500
Should that also be the thread for Fletcher vs. Risebrough? That comes up a lot.

I prefer one thread for the game + post-game.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.