HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov

Old
10-13-2010, 04:51 PM
John Torturella

vCash: 500
Artem Anisimov

Am I the only one that thinks its only a matter of time before he forces the coaching staff to play him with Gaborik?

In his last 12 regular season games he has 3 goals, 7 assists and 7 points in his last 6 games.

He also had 3 goals in 5 preseason games. Not only have the points started come for Artem, but he looks stronger and faster this season.

He is certainly progressing very nicely for a 22 year old center. He is really looking like the prospect that he was touted to be. He has had his struggles but it seems like we have at least a very good 2nd line center in Artem Anisimov.

If Stepan lives up to his potential, this team could be set for a decade down the middle. Any thoughts?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 04:53 PM
beastly115

It still boggles my mind that he hasn't been given a chance to play with Gabs and Fro. And he looks much better than last season. His skating has noticeably improved and he looks faster.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Well AA did score off a feed from Gabs on Monday. He also looked good alongside Frolov on a few shifts during the pre-season.

I'm pretty sure we'll see him up there sooner or later.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

I wouldn't want to break up that second line he's on right now.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 05:00 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
Neither would I.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 05:03 PM
HockeyBurd*

It's inevitable.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Why? He's fine where he is.

He isnt a playmaker, hes not a Gaborik center. We shouldnt let kids play with Gaborik as a frekkin reward.

Why on earth would you want to break up our best line so far?

Why, when Stepan and Christensen both have more practice time and chemistry with that line would you look for a player who doesnt fit at all with Gabs to play there?

Anisimov looks faster, better. But he is fine where he is playing.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 05:28 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

That 2nd line was POTENT in the two games, they are all ove rthe puck and reading off of eachother very well. Let them be and let Frolov and Gaborik try and feel themselves out on the top line.

If Gabby and Frolov are clicking, it really shouldnt matter whos the center IMO. It would be an added bonus if they had a fast, puck distributing center but the Rangers dont really have that anywhere, even in Anisimov. Those two players are good enough to carry a line themselves. Hell - Gaborik essentially did it himself alone last year.

I think the first line starts and ends with those two, not the center. So its really up to them to get that line going. Its early - real early.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 06:40 PM
John Torturella

My main point was that Artem has definitely been working hard to improve as a player. It is really nice to see a player give his all during the offseason and find immediate results.

Hopefully Grachev can develop as much as Artem did and double his production in the A and make the team next season.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 06:43 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

AA has looked as good as I hoped he would.

That being said, as others have mentioned, I don't think he matches up well with Gabby. He isn't a pure playmaker, and he still isn't quite fast enough to keep up with the play. Leave the 2nd line as it is, for now.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Back From Cally

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
This. The second line is really clicking right now and theres no reason to break it up to hope that AA does well between Gabby and Frolov. Hopefully Torts can actually leave a line together for once so that it can develop some more chemistry.

Back From Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 07:01 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

He has started the season brilliantly, the 2nd line looks to be gelling nicely so i would leave him there.

I hope the 2nd line keep up their strong play because the 1st line will get rolling eventually.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 10:44 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

he is still playing with his head down

and was clocked upside the face already this season

the kid has upside and skill, no doubt about that

I just wish he wouldn't put himself in such vulnerable positions

clearly AA has taken a step forward in his development, lets hope he is able to stay healthy and concussion free. He is a core player for NY and hopefully can stay that way for a decade

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 10:46 PM
Barnaby

His line is playing very well... LEAVE IT ALONE.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Am I the only one that thinks its only a matter of time before he forces the coaching staff to play him with Gaborik?
Quite a few of us want to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I'm glad Drury is getting an opportunity on that 1st line, but if he struggles there, I think AA definitely deserves a look.

Doesn't matter if that second line is playing well right now. Look down the road a bit. Drury, Stepan, and EC can get a nod at the second line. Callahan+Dubinsky have been playing together since Hartford. They shine when they're on the ice together. I think any center would look competent between them.

There are numerous reason's why AA should get a shot at that 1st line. And I think he eventually will. I'm not convinced Drury will thrive in that role between frolov/gabby. I think EC is too inconsistent to pencil in at that 1st line all year long. Stepan, is playing well, but shouldn't be playing 17 minutes a night against other teams top lines/dmen. Who knows what's up with Prospal. Dubinsky is looking great at LW so I wouldn't even consider him.

Give AA a shot. What's the worst that can happen? He looked great alongside Frolov. And Gaborik is the kind of player that can make Voros look like a competent hockey player.

If there's magic, then this team might no longer be in the market for a #1 center. If AA fails, then put him back between Dubi+Cally.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 11:35 PM
FOXHOUND*

I think one thing too is that they want Anisimov to keep building confidence. I think as well it's inevitable he'll get a chance. Then maybe try Step with Dubinsky and Callahan.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

He is going to have a break out year and it is going to be fun to watch

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:30 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Even Torts is talking about not splitting up his 2nd and 3rd lines, because they're both playing very well. If the team needs a shakeup, then I think it's only a matter of time before Artie's given a go next to Gaborik.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 04:48 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Yes, let's break up the only consistent line so far so we can put your NHL 2011 lines to work. Or better yet, let's do it so we have something to complain about when it comes to the way JT manages his lines.

It seems to me Ani works much better with grind-it-out type guys like Dubinsky and Cally anyway. He reminds me of a much less talented Anze Kopitar, who has Dustin Brown and Wayne Simmonds as linemates right now and had Ryan Smyth and Jason Williams for the majority of last season.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:14 AM
cmdevisser

Send a message via AIM to cmdevisser
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
he is still playing with his head down

and was clocked upside the face already this season

the kid has upside and skill, no doubt about that

I just wish he wouldn't put himself in such vulnerable positions

clearly AA has taken a step forward in his development, lets hope he is able to stay healthy and concussion free. He is a core player for NY and hopefully can stay that way for a decade
Does he skate with his head down through the neutral zone often or has it just been once or twice. That is very concerning if its a habitual thing.

cmdevisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Bingo. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If in a few weeks Dubi-AA-Cally starts cooling down (which I don't think it will), and Drury/Christiensen on the first isn't working out too well then maybe you insert AA in there. But until then, leave it alone.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:36 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Why? He's fine where he is.

He isnt a playmaker, hes not a Gaborik center. We shouldnt let kids play with Gaborik as a frekkin reward.

Why on earth would you want to break up our best line so far?

Why, when Stepan and Christensen both have more practice time and chemistry with that line would you look for a player who doesnt fit at all with Gabs to play there?

Anisimov looks faster, better. But he is fine where he is playing.
Disagree with the bolded. He's not ONLY a playmaker, would be more accurate. He has good vision and is a good passer. But he also has a good wrist shot and is good at handling the puck in traffic, which is why he gets more goals than other "playmaking" centers.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:36 AM
mullichicken25

i think the coaching staff if really hoping it doesnt come to this

i think they like what they have in the second line, and think they have the potential to have a solid two line threat this year (TWICE the scoring threat of last season) if Drury, EC, or even Stepan can click on the 1st line

if the 2nd line is broken up, or becomes unproductive...this team gets incredibly one-dimensional again

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

i hate to be a pessimist, but I forsee this guy having a short or at least injury prone career. 1st, he has a tendency to keep his head down, and not protect himself again contact. He isn't seen as a dangerous player yet. If he improves, and starts to get attention, he'll start to get concussions. He has gotta keep his head up, because he is a great player who seems to be coming into his own.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:37 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
i hate to be a pessimist, but I forsee this guy having a short or at least injury prone career. 1st, he has a tendency to keep his head down, and not protect himself again contact. He isn't seen as a dangerous player yet. If he improves, and starts to get attention, he'll start to get concussions. He has gotta keep his head up, because he is a great player who seems to be coming into his own.
People keep saying this, but where's the evidence? Yeah, he got hit hard the other night because he was trying to make a play and left himself exposed, and he's taken some good hits in the past when his head was down, including a dirty hit to the head last year. But in 3 years of professional play, he's played in all but 6 games, and he missed those games in his rookie AHL season because he was playing in the WJC. He has yet to miss a game due to injury that I am aware of.

So can we please stop with the "he's going to have a short, injury prone career if he doesn't keep his head up" talk?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote