HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

37th Obsequious Banter Thread: RICO Statue

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2010, 02:54 PM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
Solidsnake, honestly man, I know everyone here is trying to be positive, but I know your type. My roommate is a very similar way, he has zero confidence and even though he is a decent looking guy (although pretty small, 5'10 and 150 sopping wet - which girls hate) he always has to settle for girls that I wouldn't touch with a pole when he really could get decent girls if he knew how to talk to them or had the confidence to.

It is very obvious that this girl has no interest in dating you... girls cuddle with guys all the time, it is not some magical sign. Her not sensing that you like her; however, IS a sign. It is ALWAYS obvious when a guy likes a girl, whether they try to hide it or not, girls choose to ignore it because they are getting EVERYTHING they want from you without having to do ANYTHING they don't.

Objectively, you are this girl's boyfriend. You hang out, you talk, etc. BUT you are better than a boyfriend to her because she doesn't have to deep throat you or worry about you cheating on her. I bet you talk on the phone for hours and go shopping at the mall together... she probably thinks you're gay to be quite honest.

If you really like this girl... don't waste your time telling her, she already KNOWS, you are just going to ruin your friendship because she doesn't want to give you the time of day and it will make things awkward. The way to get this girl is to go out, act like you are the ****, find a different girl, bang her and start pseudo-dating her. Then tell the girl you like about it and if she gets jealous/upset then you have an opening to prod her as to why and potentially make a move on her.

With all due respect to Jules and Charliegirl, they think how a more mature woman thinks, not how an immature teenager/early 20's girl thinks. It is all a ****ing mind game at this age.

Old
10-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
It was probably Sasha Grey, so now we all know how Entourage ends....
That would be really terrible. And I'm not talking about Entourage.

Old
10-13-2010, 03:07 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
That would be really terrible. And I'm not talking about Entourage.
Indeed, Sasha Grey does some terrific thesbian work in all her ******** videos.

Old
10-13-2010, 03:09 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Nice pick up.
I missed the first post when it was, well, first posted. Now that you point it out, that's pretty epic.

Old
10-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Solidsnake, honestly man, I know everyone here is trying to be positive, but I know your type. My roommate is a very similar way, he has zero confidence and even though he is a decent looking guy (although pretty small, 5'10 and 150 sopping wet - which girls hate) he always has to settle for girls that I wouldn't touch with a pole when he really could get decent girls if he knew how to talk to them or had the confidence to.

It is very obvious that this girl has no interest in dating you... girls cuddle with guys all the time, it is not some magical sign. Her not sensing that you like her; however, IS a sign. It is ALWAYS obvious when a guy likes a girl, whether they try to hide it or not, girls choose to ignore it because they are getting EVERYTHING they want from you without having to do ANYTHING they don't.

Objectively, you are this girl's boyfriend. You hang out, you talk, etc. BUT you are better than a boyfriend to her because she doesn't have to deep throat you or worry about you cheating on her. I bet you talk on the phone for hours and go shopping at the mall together... she probably thinks you're gay to be quite honest.

If you really like this girl... don't waste your time telling her, she already KNOWS, you are just going to ruin your friendship because she doesn't want to give you the time of day and it will make things awkward. The way to get this girl is to go out, act like you are the ****, find a different girl, bang her and start pseudo-dating her. Then tell the girl you like about it and if she gets jealous/upset then you have an opening to prod her as to why and potentially make a move on her.

With all due respect to Jules and Charliegirl, they think how a more mature woman thinks, not how an immature teenager/early 20's girl thinks. It is all a ****ing mind game at this age.
I guess that's one of those "It's not gay if it's only a device" type of things...

While I'm sure some won't agree with it, something to potentially acknowledge is that there are no rules. Nothing that happens ever sets anything on a distinct, irreversible course. Just go for it. If it doesn't happen, you don't die. Anything that doesn't kill you is always a plus, even despite a negative outcome.

Old
10-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:

What kind of friendship is that?

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
10-13-2010, 03:16 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
I guess that's one of those "It's not gay if it's only a device" type of things...

While I'm sure some won't agree with it, something to potentially acknowledge is that there are no rules. Nothing that happens ever sets anything on a distinct, irreversible course. Just go for it. If it doesn't happen, you don't die. Anything that doesn't kill you is always a plus, even despite a negative outcome.
I'm still going to tell her. And still asking her out to dinner. So yeah.

Old
10-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Start Leighton*

To weigh in on the whole Solid situation.
It is clear you have some strong feelings for this girl. Did you ever try just asking her how she feels?
Like you need to think if it is worth being just friends if you want to be more than that with her and are you willing to risk your friendship for a possible relationship?

Old
10-13-2010, 03:25 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
To weigh in on the whole Solid situation.
It is clear you have some strong feelings for this girl. Did you ever try just asking her how she feels?
Like you need to think if it is worth being just friends if you want to be more than that with her and are you willing to risk your friendship for a possible relationship?
I kind of told her how I felt about 5 years ago, but it was kind of awkward I think how I did it and I definitely didn't know how as well then as I do now. Also, I think how things went with her last ex, who still wanted him to be friends with her, would probably just put me back to where I am right now probably, maybe a little lower, but nothing horrible. I mean, I'm sure I'll feel like ****, but hey, I still won't lose her. This is just what I can gather. I mean, I technically have known her for about 7 years now.

Old
10-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
I kind of told her how I felt about 5 years ago, but it was kind of awkward I think how I did it and I definitely didn't know how as well then as I do now. Also, I think how things went with her last ex, who still wanted him to be friends with her, would probably just put me back to where I am right now probably, maybe a little lower, but nothing horrible. I mean, I'm sure I'll feel like ****, but hey, I still won't lose her. This is just what I can gather. I mean, I technically have known her for about 7 years now.
But did you ever ask her how she felt?

Old
10-13-2010, 03:30 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
But did you ever ask her how she felt?
No I haven't. Do you think I should ask that before saying how I feel to her?

Old
10-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
You should feel her up. AYO!

Old
10-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
For me it has always been easier to ask girls how they feel about me. I have gotten two answers from asking. The first is they tell me how they feel about me. The second is they ask you how you feel than after you tell them they tell you.

I think you should ask her it may be the only way to get a clear answer and you will know exactly how she feels no more guessing or wondering.

Old
10-13-2010, 03:56 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
For me it has always been easier to ask girls how they feel about me. I have gotten two answers from asking. The first is they tell me how they feel about me. The second is they ask you how you feel than after you tell them they tell you.

I think you should ask her it may be the only way to get a clear answer and you will know exactly how she feels no more guessing or wondering.
Maybe I should.

Old
10-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Maybe I should.
I would like I said it is the only way to know exactly how she feels.
Good luck and hope it all works out for you.

Old
10-13-2010, 04:10 PM
agrudez*

Honestly, you guys are giving Solid terrible advice. Young 20 year old girls don't want to be taken out to dinner by their friend of 7 years and told that for 7 years he has been pining after her... that is stalker-esque and will only ruin the friendship.

Girls at that age are immature and want to be treated like crap... have you ever noticed that girls ALWAYS go for **********? I used to be a pansy type guy (always overly nice to girls), then I realized that all the cheerleaders I was dating would break up with me 2-4 months into the relationship (one even told me I was too nice when she did it) and start dating a fat, drunk ******* from the football team.

I have now adapted myself to having a really nice mix of being a nice guy, but also being a ***** at times to switch it up. Girls want to be put down by you and then comforted by you right after... it keeps them from getting bored, but also gives them the security that they are dating someone who cares about them. I have since gone from a habitual girlfriend hopper in high school (never going more than a few weeks without one, them lasting a few months - sadly I was always the one broken up with, as cited above) to now in college I have had a 3 year relationship that I ended on my terms and now a 6 month and going strong relationship. A marked improvement, imo.

This is especially true when you are first dating a girl before she is a girlfriend, they really like being treated like ****. I have a friend who went up to an incredibly hot girl at the bar that no one else had the balls to talk to and he told her she needed to go in the bathroom and put some more make-up on... guess who got anal that night?

You have put yourself in the friend zone Solid, no doubt about it. As others have more aptly put (I love the ladder metaphor earlier) it is ****ing HARD to switch zones. I can without any doubt tell you that this girl has almost no interest in dating you right now, BUT I can also tell you that if you play it right there is SOME hope.

If you want to date this girl, here is what you do:

1) Ask her to dinner and wait for her to accept
2) Call her a half hour before you were supposed to pick her up for dinner (after she has gotten all ready for it) and then tell her that you have other plans and have to cancel
3) Go to a bar and pickup the least diseased girl (Idk about you guys, but bar girls reek of STD's to me) you can find and take her home
4) Bang her, if nothing else just to get some damn confidence in yourself, you are a mess my friend
5) Tell the friend that you want to date all about your night the night before the next day
6) Hope she gets jealous/mad, if she does then there is your hope.
----The rest is assuming she gets mad or jealous, if she doesn't then there was never any hope to being with, continue being friends and give that easy girl from the night before another call----
7) Tell her how you canceled the other night because you are sick of how she toys with your feelings. Tell her she gives you signs (like cuddling the other night) and then blows you off the next day and pretends it didn't happen and you decided you weren't going to wait around for her to come around forever.
----Hopefully at this point she is visibly upset as she thinks about how right you are (even if you aren't, that is the beauty of it, you could say almost anything when they are emotional and they will go along with it - DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO MAKE HER THE BAD GUY!!!)----
8) Now tell her how you truly feel, and that you have always felt that way, that you think of her when you wake up in the morning and dream of her as you fall asleep at night, etc.
----Hopefully at this point she is showing signs that she may feel at least a similiar way----
9) Now tell her how you are a good guy and you have seen how she was treated like **** by so many guys before you and it made you sick and you would never treat her that way because she means everything to you.
----Hopefully at this point she is unzipping your pants----
10) SEAL THE ****ING DEAL - THAT IS THE ONLY WAY OUT OF THE FRIEND ZONE

You can listen to everyone else, but this is truly the ONLY way you have ANY hope AT ALL of EVER being anymore than a friend to this girl. It also avoids the worst case scenario - that she thinks your a creep/stalker (like with Chris' horrible advice).

I may be harsh, but I honestly have your best interest at heart with this post. You really sound like a good guy that deserves this girl. Whatever you decide to do, good luck man.

Last edited by agrudez*: 10-13-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old
10-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Indeed, Sasha Grey does some terrific thesbian work in all her ******** videos.
Of course I read that as "lesbian" the first time around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
You should feel her up. AYO!
Hear that? Sounded like zzzzing!

Old
10-13-2010, 04:16 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Honestly, you guys are giving Solid terrible advice. Young 20 year old girls don't want to be taken out to dinner by their friend of 7 years and told that for 7 years he has been pining after her... that is stalker-esque and will only ruin the friendship.

Girls at that age are immature and want to be treated like crap... have you ever noticed that girls ALWAYS go for **********? I used to be a pansy type guy (always overly nice to girls), then I realized that all the cheerleaders I was dating would break up with me 2-4 months into the relationship (one even told me I was too nice when she did it) and start dating a fat, drunk ******* from the football team.

I have now adapted myself to having a really nice mix of being a nice guy, but also being a ***** at times to switch it up. Girls want to be put down by you and then comforted by you right after... it keeps them from getting bored, but also gives them the security that they are dating someone who cares about them. I have since gone from a habitual girlfriend hopper in high school (never going more than a few weeks without one, them lasting a few months - sadly I was always the one broken up with, as cited above) to now in college I have had a 3 year relationship that I ended on my terms and now a 6 month and going strong relationship. A marked improvement, imo.

This is especially true when you are first dating a girl before she is a girlfriend, they really like being treated like ****. I have a friend who went up to an incredibly hot girl at the bar that no one else had the balls to talk to and he told her she needed to go in the bathroom and put some more make-up on... guess who got anal that night?

You have put yourself in the friend zone Solid, no doubt about it. As others have more aptly put (I love the ladder metaphor earlier) it is ****ing HARD to switch zones. I can without any doubt tell you that this girl has almost no interest in dating you right now, BUT I can also tell you that if you play it right there is SOME hope.

2) Call her a half hour before you were supposed to pick her up for dinner (after she has gotten all ready for it) and then tell her that you have other plans and have to cancel
3) Go to a bar and pickup the least diseased girl (Idk about you guys, but bar girls reek of STD's to me) you can find and take her home
4) Bang her, if nothing else just to get some damn confidence in yourself, you are a mess my friend
5) Tell the friend that you want to date all about your night the night before the next day
----The rest is assuming she gets mad or jealous, if she doesn't then there was never any hope to being with, continue being friends and give that easy girl from the night before another call----
7) Tell her how you canceled the other night because you are sick of how she toys with your feelings. Tell her she gives you signs (like cuddling the other night) and then blows you off the next day and pretends it didn't happen and you decided you weren't going to wait around for her to come around forever.
----Hopefully at this point she is visibly upset as she thinks about how right you are (even if you aren't, that is the beauty of it, you could say almost anything when they are emotional and they will go along with it - DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO MAKE HER THE BAD GUY!!!)----
8) Now tell her how you truly feel, and that you have always felt that way, that you think of her when you wake up in the morning and dream of her as you fall asleep at night, etc.
----Hopefully at this point she is showing signs that she may feel at least a similiar way----
9) Now tell her how you are a good guy and you have seen how she was treated like **** by so many guys before you and it made you sick and you would never treat her that way because she means everything to you.

You can listen to everyone else, but this is truly the ONLY way you have ANY hope AT ALL of EVER being anymore than a friend to this girl. It also avoids the worst case scenario - that she thinks your a creep/stalker.

I may be harsh, but I honestly have your best interest at heart with this post. You really sound like a good guy that deserves this girl. Whatever you decide to do, good luck man.
She not a truly jealous person. Right off the top of my head, the only thing that she is jealous of right now is that I have a PSP (she really wanted Birth by Sleep ) and how much free time I have. I have never known her to get jealous of a guy looking at another woman.

Old
10-13-2010, 04:21 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
She not a truly jealous person. Right off the top of my head, the only thing that she is jealous of right now is that I have a PSP (she really wanted Birth by Sleep ) and how much free time I have. I have never known her to get jealous of a guy looking at another woman.
You can keep making excuses, but I am 110% positive that despite what you think about this girl and her attitude that my plan is the only way you will ever have hope of dating her. In the end every girl is a girl... even tom boys want to wear white on their wedding day.

Old
10-13-2010, 04:32 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:

You can listen to everyone else, but this is truly the ONLY way you have ANY hope AT ALL of EVER being anymore than a friend to this girl. It also avoids the worst case scenario - that she thinks your a creep/stalker (like with Chris' horrible advice).

Old
10-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
You can keep making excuses, but I am 110% positive that despite what you think about this girl and her attitude that my plan is the only way you will ever have hope of dating her. In the end every girl is a girl... even tom boys want to wear white on their wedding day.
Haha... well, this I agree with. But like someone said before, I don't have the mentality of a 20 yr old chic. Although, I never was one for "let's date the asshat" mentality...

Old
10-13-2010, 04:39 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I've been tired for like the last 2 weeks. It's not like I'm not sleeping, perhaps I need to go to the doctor?

Old
10-13-2010, 04:42 PM
mirimon

There are some seriously sad stereotypes running amok in this thread it seems.

Just ask the girl already. What's the worst that could happen? She'll rip your heart out and stomp it into the ground, but guess what: you'll somehow live through that anyway. As for the advice about acting like an arsehole just to get her interested in you, I don't know if that's worked since the 50's, but even if it does, would you really want a woman who falls for that? And perhaps more importantly, do you yourself want to act like a pathetic excuse for a man?

As for the friend zone part, it wouldn't be the first time in history that a longtime friendship turns into something different.

Old
10-13-2010, 05:09 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
There are some seriously sad stereotypes running amok in this thread it seems.

Just ask the girl already. What's the worst that could happen? She'll rip your heart out and stomp it into the ground, but guess what: you'll somehow live through that anyway. As for the advice about acting like an arsehole just to get her interested in you, I don't know if that's worked since the 50's, but even if it does, would you really want a woman who falls for that? And perhaps more importantly, do you yourself want to act like a pathetic excuse for a man?

As for the friend zone part, it wouldn't be the first time in history that a longtime friendship turns into something different.
I want a woman that falls for me being me, not someone out of characters and being a total dickhole. But hey, I'm going for it, so yeah, just need to wait for an answer for Friday night.

Old
10-13-2010, 05:12 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Exactly. I was at a wedding in early September where the couple started as friends, became great friends, and then it changed. They've been together for 6 years.

Closed Thread