HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Undershirts with integrated neck tops

Old
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Undershirts with integrated neck tops

Anyone use them? I was looking at a few, like this:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...top-adult.html

Quote:
Integrated neck protector contains KEVLAR for cut resistant protection
Comments? Opinions? Recommendations? Obviously the odds of getting cut in the neck are slim, but you never can be too careful.

Thanks in advance.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

We talked about it a little in the Devils rink thread. I bought one, haven't used it yet..although I did try it on and wore it for a couple hours to see how it felt.. I liked the fit, its not super tight like compression shirts..the kevlar neck guard is very comfortable, there's a velco adjustable strap at the back of the neck so you can adjust to whatever size is good for you..there's also a zipper that goes from your mid-back to the velcro closure, the only drawback to it is that there's a super long strap attached to the zipper (so your able to zip it yourself with ease)..overall though, I would highly recommend getting one, $50 is a small price to pay, IMO if it means protecting the major arteries that connect to your freakin brain.

Henrique Iglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 05:47 PM
ponder

Haven't tried it, but like the idea. You're looking at the short sleeved version though? Long sleeved is so much more comfortable with elbow pads IMO, takes away the chaffing, and if you get one with the grippy/rubbery elbows your elbow pads won't slide around much either. $10 more, but worth it IMO:

I've thought for a while that it would be nice to have an integrated top and some integrated bottoms too (compression pants with jock and velcro pads built in), but happy enough with my current normal top/normal bottom/normal neck guard/normal jock shorts setup that I haven't dropping the $100+ bucks it would cost for the integrated top and integrated pants.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 07:44 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Haven't tried it, but like the idea. You're looking at the short sleeved version though? Long sleeved is so much more comfortable with elbow pads IMO, takes away the chaffing, and if you get one with the grippy/rubbery elbows your elbow pads won't slide around much either. $10 more, but worth it IMO:

I've thought for a while that it would be nice to have an integrated top and some integrated bottoms too (compression pants with jock and velcro pads built in), but happy enough with my current normal top/normal bottom/normal neck guard/normal jock shorts setup that I haven't dropping the $100+ bucks it would cost for the integrated top and integrated pants.
I've tried long sleeve, never been my thing. Always been a fan of short sleeve and going all-natural with the elbow pads. But it's personal preference.

That's my other thought. You can often get a neck guard for like $15. Maybe it's worth just getting one stand alone and trying it out first for a few months?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Briere Up There*

The Yashin? No, I've never actually seen a turtleneck in stores.

Briere Up There* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Blueland89

they always remind me of the 80's

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote