HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moen with Gomez-Gionta, Pouliot on 4th

Old
10-14-2010, 12:43 PM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I don't undestand why they sign Pouliot? They didn't patch the hole on this line in the off-season and 3 games in the season they are already try to patch this mistake with a 3rd liner.

Gomez-Gionta are not Crosby or Malkin they need someone who can score goals on their line
Exactly. The playoff run gave the organization a false sense of how good this team is.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Forsead

Yeah it's only practice but I would like to see something like :

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Boyd-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Eller-Moen
Pyatt-Halpern-Lapierre

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
In practice yesterday, Gill and O'bryne were together.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Exactly. I don't remember those two playing together, so what's done in practice shouldn't be the end all, say all of what's going to happen tomorrow. Which I miss

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Exactly. The playoff run gave the organization a false sense of how good this team is.
for me it's more that we need scoring depth in front, when Moen is the solution for your top6 you know you have no depth. When I watch a Flyers game I'm jealous

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Exactly. I don't remember those two playing together, so what's done in practice shouldn't be the end all, say all of what's going to happen tomorrow. Which I miss
I sure as hell hope not. That duo is a downgrade on O'Byrne-Picard, which says a whole lot.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

I guess Moen will play with Gomez and Gionta in Buffalo

«Ce n'est pas juste Benoit, c'est tout le trio qui ne joue pas la hauteur de ses capacités, a expliqué Martin. Hier (mercredi), Benoit a terminé ses mises en échec et a eu des chances de marquer. Je pense que ça peut être utile de l'envoyer sur un trio différent afin qu'il mette ses habiletés au service d'un autre duo

Martin said it will good for Pouliot to play on another trio.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_accueil_POS1

Old
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
JackZap

why dont they put Eller with Gomer?

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:24 PM
JackZap

Quote:
I know alot of people want Eller on that line but the guy is a pass first player it won't work with Gomez who always look for the pass

this line need a guy who can put the puck in the net and right now we don't have one ,that's why Moen play there.
so if thats the case, why even trade for this guy?

Old
10-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I guess Moen will play with Gomez and Gionta in Buffalo

«Ce n'est pas juste Benoit, c'est tout le trio qui ne joue pas la hauteur de ses capacités, a expliqué Martin. Hier (mercredi), Benoit a terminé ses mises en échec et a eu des chances de marquer. Je pense que ça peut être utile de l'envoyer sur un trio différent afin qu'il mette ses habiletés au service d'un autre duo

Martin said it will good for Pouliot to play on another trio.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_accueil_POS1
That's funny,so he wants Pouliot to get the 4th line going,nice.....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
so if thats the case, why even trade for this guy?
because he still a prospect and he have the ability to become a great player for us but right now he's not the solution for the top6 IMO

Old
10-14-2010, 01:30 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Pouliot is an absolute waste on any bottom-six line (well sometimes he's a waste on a top-six line, but you know what I mean). Might as well dress me in his place, you'll get the same results.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That's funny,so he wants Pouliot to get the 4th line going,nice.....
probably just don't want to point out Pouliot in front of the media

Old
10-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
because he still a prospect and he have the ability to become a great player for us but right now he's not the solution for the top6 IMO
And the solution is Travis Moen?Nothing against Travis I like him very much but I also believe he has a role on this team and that's not a producing one IMO

We want Eller to become an impact player for this franchise but him playing on the 3rd line it won't happen,why not give him more minutes with better offensive players and see what the kid can do.

Quote:
probably just don't want to point out Pouliot in front of the media
Well I hope not,he isn't really to blame so far,actually think he is playing pretty well except for putting the puck in the net he his doing a good job

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Turboflex*

Moen with Gionta-Gomez was tried a lot last season, it was pretty mediocre. Moen just can't keep up with the play.

But since Gionta-Gomez are not really playing high level hockey at the moment, I guess it couldn't hurt...

I like Pouliot's game a lot, he's skilled, creative, uses his reach well, and entertaining to watch, I hope he can get it together cuz he was really clicking with Gomez-Gionta last season for a while, if not with them then maybe Poulior-Eller-Lapierre could possibly be a very effective 3rd line. We'll see but Im very optimistic still about Pouliot.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:37 PM
JackZap

Quote:
I get that but if he cant play with Gomez and Pleks because hes a passer, whats the purpose? These guys are here for the next 5 years, so why get him? I make this argument tongue in cheek but we got this guy to be in the top 6, so have him play in the top 6, IMO

Old
10-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Moen with Gionta-Gomez was tried a lot last season, it was pretty mediocre. Moen just can't keep up with the play.

But since Gionta-Gomez are not really playing high level hockey at the moment, I guess it couldn't hurt...

I like Pouliot's game a lot, he's skilled, creative, uses his reach well, and entertaining to watch, I hope he can get it together cuz he was really clicking with Gomez-Gionta last season for a while, if not with them then maybe Poulior-Eller-Lapierre could possibly be a very effective 3rd line. We'll see but Im very optimistic still about Pouliot.
I guess I'm the only one who has noticed this, but Moen has showed a lot of jump in his game so far this season. There's was a play in the Pittsburgh game where he blew by one of their D-men and I was like, "who the hell was that?" Unlike Pouliot, he shows a willingness to drive to the net, and his apparent added speed and energy this year will help out this line. The move is still more of a wake-up call for Pouliot (and for Gomez and Gionta as well), but it doesn't surprise me in the least that Moen was chosen.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
And the solution is Travis Moen?Nothing against Travis I like him very much but I also believe he has a role on this team and that's not a producing one IMO

We want Eller to become an impact player for this franchise but him playing on the 3rd line it won't happen,why not give him more minutes with better offensive players and see what the kid can do.
I understand what you say but I don't see how can help that line. Eller like to carry the puck, create plays but he don't shoot on the net, it's not his game maybe it will change but it's not the time to try make him a player he's not. That line need a guy who think shot.shot and shot. It's not Eller or Moen fault they have a role on this team but it's not on the Gomez-Gionta line.

Maybe Eller will play with them somewhere in the season but he will need to change his game and right now he need to focus on just being a NHL player.

I don't understand why they didn't sign a veteran top6 player in the off season

Old
10-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
I get that but if he cant play with Gomez and Pleks because hes a passer, whats the purpose? These guys are here for the next 5 years, so why get him? I make this argument tongue in cheek but we got this guy to be in the top 6, so have him play in the top 6, IMO
like I said I'm jealous of the Flyers. I really don't mind Eller centering a offensive 3rd line in the future

Old
10-14-2010, 01:54 PM
David_99

Maybe it's Boyd & Pyatt getting promoted to the second and G-Love and Gio moved to the 4th with Moen

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:58 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteshot View Post
per RDS.ca

I actually like the 4th line it gives us (Pouliot-Boyd-Pyatt), but I don't like Moen with Gomez-Gionta, when Eller could do that job I think.

D-pairings also modified:
Hamrlik-Spacek
Gill-Gorges
Markov-O'Byrne
Picard-Subban.

Does it mean Picard in, O'Byrne out? or Markov in, Subban out?
It's not Pouliot who is on the 4th line...

It's Gomez and Gionta that had been demoted to the 4th line with Moen...

Subban with Picard... Does it mean the kid will miss the next game because he took a bad penalty last night ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Miller Time

Quote:

I feel the same way... We know what we have in Moen and in a Moen-Gomez-Gionta line... which is NOT a solid 2nd line, nor is it a long-term solution.

If he's unwilling to give Pouliot more time to find his grove with Gomez/Gionta this early in the season, why not give both practice and game time opportunities to Eller... or at the very least to Boyd.

Going with Moen and expecting any different result than last year is silly and does nothing for us either long-term or short-term.

Hard to understand what Martin's logic is.

If he's so unwilling to have the patience to let young players learn on the go in their future roles, then Gauthier needs to get active and find us a better solution than Moen to play with Gomez/Gionta.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 02:01 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
I feel the same way... We know what we have in Moen and in a Moen-Gomez-Gionta line... which is NOT a solid 2nd line, nor is it a long-term solution.

If he's unwilling to give Pouliot more time to find his grove with Gomez/Gionta this early in the season, why not give both practice and game time opportunities to Eller... or at the very least to Boyd.

Going with Moen and expecting any different result than last year is silly and does nothing for us either long-term or short-term.

If he's so unwilling to have the patience to let young players learn on the go in their future roles, then Gauthier needs to get active and find us a better solution than Moen to play with Gomez/Gionta.
Martin and logic don't belong in the same sentence...

Old
10-14-2010, 02:02 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:

It is not Gauthier's job for the moment. It is Martin's job. Maybe he should split Gomez and Gionta for a while.

Old
10-14-2010, 02:03 PM
JackZap

Quote:

I guess he knows what Moen will bring him as opposed to Eller. Divisional game, hes playing it safe.