HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Hardy Resigns

Old
10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
ILuvLA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
So for all the lawyers on board, does this sound like a deal was made.
Not an attorney, but sounds like the daughter back pedaled and didn't want to have her dad prosecuted. Victim not willing to testify, no case.

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:31 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

As a lawyer, having handled numerous domestice violence matters, and more than a few sexual assault cases, the only thing I think could be gleaned from that statement in Hammonds blog is that either the victim did not come to court, which would be necessary for the prosecution to move forward at trial, and/ or that she simply failed to cooperate after realizing the trouble her father faced as a result of her allegations, true or not.

Knowing that Mark's daughter graduated Georgetown, (and may no longer reside in DC), and assuming she now lives outside the District of Columbia, there would be little chance of compelling her to attend trial, which is what prosectors often do in similar cases where the victim either recants or desires to not cooperate with the prosecutors.

In either event, with a dismissal of the charges, legally he is innocent of all wrongdoing.

Not that that will help undue the damage, (to his reputation, career, or family.)

I wish them all the best of luck, and with the end of the legal drama, I hope they can begin whatever healing needs to take place.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:59 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Without knowing all that occurred, this seems like the best outcome, at least for Hardy.

I wish them all the best in their healing moving forward.

As for Hardy, any chance he can rejoin the Kings in some manner, even away from the bench for the time being?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 01:00 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
As for Hardy, any chance he can rejoin the Kings in some manner, even away from the bench for the time being?
I'd say that would be HIGHLY unlikely.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 02:16 PM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The Kings should hire Roenick, Cloutier and Blake as their new assistants on July 1st. This will distract the fans from the fact that the Kings are not going to sign any top tier UFAs.

was that even supposed to be funny? sarcastic? is there a point to this post relevant to the thread?

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 02:24 PM
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I doubt the team would be totally unwilling to take him back eventually. They probably wouldn't want to do it immediately, but I don't see why it would be a huge problem. It wasn't highly publicized, and most of the details of the case weren't revealed.

Perhaps though, many of the players and coaches might have their own opinion (however baseless or ill formed they may be) that would reflect negatively on him, so his re-hiring may or may not be a good idea, but who knows really.

I hope things turn out for the best for both he and his family. I'm sure he will find work in some form relatively soon, if not with the Kings, then with another team.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruKingFan View Post
was that even supposed to be funny? sarcastic? is there a point to this post relevant to the thread?
is there a point to you replying to a 4 month old post?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:40 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
Why? I mean he only stepped down due to this situation and now it has been dropped. Unless the players/coaching staff veto it, why couldn't they rehire him to do a job other than the one he had, since Stevens filled that.

Old
10-14-2010, 04:21 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Why? I mean he only stepped down due to this situation and now it has been dropped. Unless the players/coaching staff veto it, why couldn't they rehire him to do a job other than the one he had, since Stevens filled that.
If the Kings were to rehire him I would suspect it would be in a lower profile job, like an asst coach with the Reign. I no nothing about the case but Mark was always nice to me every time I met with him. I hope that this can be put behind him.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 04:37 PM
HeadInjury

Considering that the Kings didn't release Corvo after he pled guilty to a felony for punching a woman in the face and kicking/stomping her while she was on the ground, I'd say anything is possible.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
Considering that the Kings didn't release Corvo after he pled guilty to a felony for punching a woman in the face and kicking/stomping her while she was on the ground, I'd say anything is possible.
the kings never released Corvo, he walked away as a free agent. There are also union rules they have to abide by when it comes to players.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 06:02 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
the kings never released Corvo, he walked away as a free agent. There are also union rules they have to abide by when it comes to players.
I didn't say they released him. What I'm saying is they could have said Corvo was done with the organization. They could have waived him, try to trade him, or kick him off the team like the Stars did with Avery. It doesn't mean he won't get paid. But instead of cutting ties, they kept him around for years.

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Haha, with the way people spell on this site, I had to open this link to see if he resigned (quit) or re-signed (signed back up)!

- R

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 11:36 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
If the Kings were to rehire him I would suspect it would be in a lower profile job, like an asst coach with the Reign. I no nothing about the case but Mark was always nice to me every time I met with him. I hope that this can be put behind him.
Agreed.