HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CGC: A Note to Josh Cooper

Old
10-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Diehardpredsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Hate to jump in but:

1) Cooper writes the stories, not the headlines. The copy editor in sports would write the headlines.

2) It's not Cooper's job to help sell tickets. It's his job to cover the team and report what he sees. Asking him to shill for the team is like asking the crime reporters to put a nice spin on the crime statistics to support the business community. (Ain't going to happen.)
I am not asking Cooper to help sale tickets but if the non-fans here in Nashville read nothing but negative articles then they are not going to go to the games. The Tennessean has done a great job over the years to keep fans from going to the games, he could sale tickets by just what he writes. One more thing Cooper writes the late headlines, the headlines are changed in the morning by the editor.

Diehardpredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 04:00 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Cooper is not the problem here at all. He is doing a great job and none of us should lose focus of that. He has been great since he took over for Glennon. Let's just remember that when having this discussion. Cooper is our ally in all of this.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 04:04 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Cooper is not the problem here at all. He is doing a great job and none of us should lose focus of that. He has been great since he took over for Glennon. Let's just remember that when having this discussion. Cooper is our ally in all of this.
Agreed, the biggest problem is TNesans hole they have dug for Cooper and their headline writer.

I'm not asking the TNesean to sell tickets. All I'm asking for is a fair hand and research on their stories. When a guy in Iraq serving the USA dodging artillery can shred your articles with little effort then your editorial staff is lacking.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 05:51 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardpredsfan View Post
I am not asking Cooper to help sale tickets
Sorry. Don't know how else I could interpret "Cooper could do alot to help sale tickets by just what he prints in the paper." other than to think you're asking him to sale (sic) tickets.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote