HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New lines per Hammond NESSI!

Old
10-14-2010, 01:43 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
Slow start to the season, after tomorrow night's game they have 4 days off before Carolina's in town.
Better than Nashville... I believe they've only played two games.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:07 PM
johnjm22

I'd like to see Murray try a 1st line of:

Schenn-Kopitar-Williams

Not only are Schenn and Williams our hungriest, hardest working forwards right now, they've also been arguably our most effective in terms of generating chances. Reward them by putting them on the 1st line with Kopitar. I can't see that combination NOT creating opportunities.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:11 PM
johnjm22

Thursday practice update

Quote:
It was status quo at practice today, with all players present and on the same lines. Afterward, Terry Murray said he would stay with the first line of Kopitar, Loktionov and Brown.
http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/10/14...tice-update-2/

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStammer7 View Post
After watching the Flames beat the Kings yet again it became apparent we missed someone. That someone was AFrolov,he made that third line of Handzus and Simmonds go! I like that Poni is physical but his offensive skills pale in comparison to Frolov's. Letting Fro walk wasn't one of Lombardi's finest moments!!!
I disagree, Frolov playing like Frolov wasn't one of his finest moments. I don't think keeping Frolov was a good idea.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Orenji

I say Loki/Kopi/Brown have one more game together and if they don't click, Murray is just gonna return to Smyth/Kopitar/Williams and move Brown back down with Stoll.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:37 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
I disagree, Frolov playing like Frolov wasn't one of his finest moments. I don't think keeping Frolov was a good idea.
we may try and revisit this conversation when that line doesn't bag 30 goals collectively.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Duc620

Watching the third period against Atlanta - we should have Smyth, Stoll, Williams to start the game as the number one line. Loki, Kopi, and Brown can move to the second line.

SSW had a lot of jump... maybe that intensity would inspire the rest of the team in the first two periods.

It would be interesting to see how the opponent coach would match their number one D pairing if SSW started. Maybe LKB would get the number two pairing.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Watching the third period against Atlanta - we should have Smyth, Stoll, Williams to start the game as the number one line. Loki, Kopi, and Brown can move to the second line.

SSW had a lot of jump... maybe that intensity would inspire the rest of the team in the first two periods.

It would be interesting to see how the opponent coach would match their number one D pairing if SSW started. Maybe LKB would get the number two pairing.
You can put Kopitar on the '4th line' with Westgarth and Richie and he'll still be facing the opposing team's top defenseman.

Haik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I'd like to see Murray try a 1st line of:

Schenn-Kopitar-Williams

Not only are Schenn and Williams our hungriest, hardest working forwards right now, they've also been arguably our most effective in terms of generating chances. Reward them by putting them on the 1st line with Kopitar. I can't see that combination NOT creating opportunities.
How many more empty nets do you want Schenn to miss?

I don't see chances as the problem, but finishing. The Kings have hit more posts than goals scored.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Fangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
I say Loki/Kopi/Brown have one more game together and if they don't click, Murray is just gonna return to Smyth/Kopitar/Williams and move Brown back down with Stoll.
This is what I'm afraid of. That line is never a threat, whenever they score it mostly comes out of nowhere/nothing. Thinking back on last season, it wouldn't surprise me if the stat sheet shows Brown achieved the majority of his points when NOT playing with Stoll.

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Habstract

I really like Kopi and Brown, and I really liked Smyth-Stoll-Williams during the last game.. they had energy, good puck control, getting lot of scoring chances, I say don't change that. Give Loktionov one more game and then, you'll be able to judge a bit better.

If the Lokti experience doesn't work out at the first attempt, maybe try to put Simmer or Schenn for a couple shift.

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 07:37 PM
wicker

Can we just clone Williams? It seems like he's the missing piece for each line thus far.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Johnny Utah

I feel bad for Clifford he should really be back playing big minutes in juniors at this point and Clune should be the spare part, not like his development can be stunted.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote