HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4: Lightning @ Flyers - Thursday, Oct. 14, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
10-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
A game where once again, goaltending was the difference. How Boucher let in 3 goals considering he had about 3 harder than normal saves to make I will never know and the Lightning hit 3 posts as well.

Also, the Carter-Richards experiment has been an abject failure in 9 of our last 10 games if you take it back to the SCF. Just ****ing forget about it.
You can't say that was the only difference with a straight face. The team ****ing sucked all-around. That's it.

I don't know why for the life of me, but dating back to last year, with the exception of the NJ series, this team has constantly looked like utter **** in front of Boucher. Granted, Boosh isn't a good goalie, but he's your standard journeyman backup. Meanwhile, the team in front of him continues to play well below the level they should be playing in front of him.

I have no ****ing idea why, but this team just can't play well or win in front of Boosh. Unless it's the playoffs and we're playing NJ that is.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
The team has scored directly after a PP has ended a few times, but it certainly is beginning to be an issue.

Knuble continues to be missed.
*sigh* Knuble is not missed, can we please stop with that now? Its been over a year. Knuble would not help the puck movement on the powerplay, nor would he improve the shot selection.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:45 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I can't believe that Lavy hasn't benched Carcillo for being worthless. Has he even drawn any penalties?

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:46 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I dont' know what it is, same thing as December. When Boucher is in net, they don't seem to care.
It's more than that. There seems to be a heightened sense of confidence amongst the players when anyone other than Boucher is in the net. It's almost as if they expect Boucher to fail and when he gives up his usually two bad goals every game, they completely falter.

I know the popular thing is to rip the team, but there are times when the team needs it's goaltender to be the best player and take charge. Boucher just can't get it done. There was a reason he was 9-18-3 last year. And people can talk about how much of a funk the team was in when he played, but if Michael Leighton can look like a world beater behind that team, then something is completely wrong with Boucher if he can't. Man, I hate Boucher and wish someone would run him over with a Mack truck or something like that.......

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:47 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
You can't say that was the only difference with a straight face. The team ****ing sucked all-around. That's it.

I don't know why for the life of me, but dating back to last year, with the exception of the NJ series, this team has constantly looked like utter **** in front of Boucher. Granted, Boosh isn't a good goalie, but he's your standard journeyman backup. Meanwhile, the team in front of him continues to play well below the level they should be playing in front of him.

I have no ****ing idea why, but this team just can't play well or win in front of Boosh. Unless it's the playoffs and we're playing NJ that is.
Maybe its simple as they dont trust him?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:48 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

I really do not like Carcillo. We need a TRUE top 9 forward

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:49 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1505
Quote:
The team has scored directly after a PP has ended a few times, but it certainly is beginning to be an issue.

Knuble continues to be missed.
It's not only the lack of scoring on the PP but it seems like its in a flux. Briere was just on radio and he mentioned that the puck was bouncing all night. Maybe that's a result of bad ice, though he didn't mention that. However, he did specify shots from the point though he emphasized he wasn't being critical of the dmen. He blamed all aspects of the various units.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:49 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:

I completely disagree. Look at the Lightning.

Stamkos - 50 goal scorer
St Louis - 5th leading scorer in the league last year
Lecavalier - Still great
Downie/Malone - 20-20-40 guys at the least.
Gagne - We all know about him.

I mean, how many great chances did we really allow? Sure a couple of ****ing stupid turnovers, but considering how stacked that top-6 is, I'm not losing sleep over it. Ultimately, we got burned because Boosh leaves a soft rebound in front and then lets in an unscreened slapper.

This team is not going to bring their A game every night, the NHL season is too long and the teams are too tough. The point is that overall, I think we played well enough to win tonight and our goaltender cost us at least a point.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Gert B Frobe

Boucher absolutely has to be one of the 3 worst goalies in the league. It sucks when your team has to be considerably better than the opponent to have a chance. I hope Bobrovsky gets 3 of 4 starts from now on with Leighton taking over for Boucher when he's healthy.

And I agree with earlier posts about Richards and Carter on the same line - it just isn't working. I really wouldn't mind the Flyers trading Carter for a very, very good winger. Maybe Iginla, Nash or Ryan. Not that the Flyers could get any of those guys for Carter except maybe Iginla...

Last edited by Gert B Frobe: 10-14-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
*sigh* Knuble is not missed, can we please stop with that now? Its been over a year. Knuble would not help the puck movement on the powerplay, nor would he improve the shot selection.
The team absolutely felt that Hartnell could step in and provide what Knuble did on the PP. He couldn't so they've been constantly trying to re-invent the PP since then. Of course Knuble wouldn't help with puck movement or shot selection... that isn't his job. But, if someone with his skillset were on the team the entire PP system would be drastically different and the issues that exist now would be either mitigated or non-existent.

We now have Pittsburgh's PP... extremely talented players that have little to no chemistry while on the PP.

Edit: Also, your theory of how a team could lose any 29 goal scorer and not miss that player is intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
The team absolutely felt that Hartnell could step in and provide what Knuble did on the PP. He couldn't so they've been constantly trying to re-invent the PP since then. Of course Knuble wouldn't help with puck movement or shot selection... that isn't his job. But, if someone with his skillset were on the team the entire PP system would be drastically different and the issues that exist now would be either mitigated or non-existent.

We now have Pittsburgh's PP... extremely talented players that have little to no chemistry while on the PP.
The Flyers aren't getting PP shots through right now, blaming that on Knuble's year long absence is brainless when the Flyers PP was above 21% in both the regular season, and Playoffs last year.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:05 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Not an awful game, but very sloppy

Carle with a brutal giveaway on the 2nd goal, and a un forced delay of game.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:12 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
I really do not like Carcillo. We need a TRUE top 9 forward
I agree. Any that would be available for trade?

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:17 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
I agree. Any that would be available for trade?
In order for a trade to happen, we would need to clear some cap space.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
In order for a trade to happen, we would need to clear some cap space.
Trade Carcillo for a 3rd or 4th round pick and just play Nodl. I know he had off-season surgery and may still be playing himself into shape - but the guy just doesn't have the ability to play on a top line.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

when boosh isnt good, he's terrible

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Without reading the thread...

A very sloppy and uninspired game tonight.

The plus side, I held up my pic at the TB ice during warm-ups and totally got a nod from Gagne. Siiigggh...
He actually acknowledged most of the signs. He looked lonely.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:32 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Trade Carcillo for a 3rd or 4th round pick and just play Nodl. I know he had off-season surgery and may still be playing himself into shape - but the guy just doesn't have the ability to play on a top line.
We may be better throwing Nodl, Holmstrom, or Testwuide in his spot.

Old
10-14-2010, 10:33 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post

The plus side, I held up my pic at the TB ice during warm-ups and totally got a nod from Gagne. Siiigggh...
I can't believe he is gone.

Old
10-14-2010, 10:33 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

I'm so glad he got to see your sign.

It's so wrong that he's in a different jersey.

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:34 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
I don't know if you can tell this from TV, but Shelley keeps switching from left wing to right wing in the middle of a shift, he'll just switch sides whenever he feels like it and he's ****ing up the forecheck and screwing Powe over. He takes himself out position to make a hit and it's so frustrating.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:35 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I missed this game because I was in class. Is it safe to say that we lost because of Michael Leighton, John Stevens, and the Scottie Upshall trade?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I can't believe he is gone.
I actually teared up when he came out on the ice.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:36 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:

2 goals on 11 shots, then 3 goals on 15 shots. You can talk about the team playing poorly, but the only goal I'd attribute to their bad play is the first one. Boucher's gotta have 2 and 3...and it's really deflating when your goalie sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
He is missed. Net presence is something this team lacks, and it's not just on the PP...though it would help. Think about the offensive play tonight. Flyers dominated and pinned the Lightning down multiple times, but a lot of the play was out on the perimeter. Hartnell is really not as reliable in front of the net (Valhoun pointed that out) as everyone thought he would be. Who else is our in front of the net presence? Only one I can think of is JVR, and he's not even that kind of player.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

I doubt this was you...but is it?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote