HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Video Game Talk (Part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2010, 06:01 PM
  #76
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Dog* View Post
Do Grunt Birthday Party in scoreattack.
never tried score attack cause i always play video games with gusts. this weekend i have a chance to play alone so ill have to try it. excited to see how the graphics look with one screen

Jamin is offline  
Old
10-03-2010, 02:50 AM
  #77
Mcloochielo
Larsson fanclub 2016
 
Mcloochielo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,015
vCash: 50
EA really needs to get its **** together for NHL11

I was playing one guy today who scored a goal, then just defended the whole game which i would have been fine with if not for the fact that he had two goalies.

He would sit there and get everyone in front of his net and use the two goalies to stop my from getting anywhere, then i'd take a penalty and he'd go 5 on 4 and score again.

sigh.

Mcloochielo is online now  
Old
10-03-2010, 02:53 AM
  #78
Haggard
Registered User
 
Haggard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 299
vCash: 114
I don't think EA wants to spend it's time watching every game to make sure that someone isnt screwing you. Call the guy an ass and just go play a different game.

Haggard is offline  
Old
10-03-2010, 02:57 AM
  #79
Mcloochielo
Larsson fanclub 2016
 
Mcloochielo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,015
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggard View Post
I don't think EA wants to spend it's time watching every game to make sure that someone isnt screwing you. Call the guy an ass and just go play a different game.
Indeed, why should EA worry about people abusing glitches or hacking their games.

Its not like they are meant to be fair for everyone.

And its not as simple as just playing a different game, if i leave i lose reliability or w/e and get less pucks for a win.

Its bull.

Either way, losing i can take, losing to someone not playing by the rules i can't.

EA should be responsible for fixing this junk, i shouldn't have to just ignore it and play another game.

Mcloochielo is online now  
Old
10-03-2010, 01:27 PM
  #80
Velocirapture
The Evil User
 
Velocirapture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 441
vCash: 50
Boy did Valve jump the shark.

Velocirapture is offline  
Old
10-03-2010, 01:43 PM
  #81
KerPatrick
Tee Hee You Missed!
 
KerPatrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
made it to the Ultimate team elite playoffs, then got absolutely crushed in the first round So much for my 15000 pucks

KerPatrick is offline  
Old
10-03-2010, 09:02 PM
  #82
arcadium83
Registered User
 
arcadium83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Everyone should go here now -> http://z6.invisionfree.com/flyermani...p?showforum=11

NHL 2004 is still alive! and better than ever! If you HATE ea sports, and are a PC gamer, dust off that copy of NHL 2004 and install this mod, which will probably never die. Here's a fairly recent gameplay vid of NHL 2004 with the Flyermania mod. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m5wkj9tckA
Defiantly get into it. We're working to have it compatible with X-Fire, getting a solid online season going and just advertising to the hockey community.

arcadium83 is offline  
Old
10-03-2010, 09:13 PM
  #83
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,885
vCash: 500
NBA 2k11 got 9.5 from IGN, called it one of the best sports games of this generation

awesomo is offline  
Old
10-03-2010, 09:44 PM
  #84
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
Indeed, why should EA worry about people abusing glitches or hacking their games.

Its not like they are meant to be fair for everyone.

And its not as simple as just playing a different game, if i leave i lose reliability or w/e and get less pucks for a win.

Its bull.

Either way, losing i can take, losing to someone not playing by the rules i can't.

EA should be responsible for fixing this junk, i shouldn't have to just ignore it and play another game.
you act like ea hasnt been like this for years

Jamin is offline  
Old
10-03-2010, 09:50 PM
  #85
stevieeatworld
Registered User
 
stevieeatworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
NBA 2k11 got 9.5 from IGN, called it one of the best sports games of this generation
It Deserves it. their was a time when 2K useto make the better hockey game. Also, would love to see them do another football game. NFL 2K5 still rivals new Maddens

stevieeatworld is offline  
Old
10-03-2010, 11:10 PM
  #86
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,903
vCash: 500
crap i didnt get the red ring of death but a different hardware failure not covered under the extended warranty

buy a new xbox arcade for 150 and swap my hd over or a ps3 and buy nhl 11 again..... decisions decisions

T-Funk is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
  #87
ekcut
Golden Ticket Winner
 
ekcut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,061
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Is Civilization 5 a game that you can play multiple players from one computer?

I'm just looking for something other then NHL11 that the kids can beat me at.

ekcut is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 01:39 PM
  #88
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 500
Having fun but getting a tad annoyed.

- The hustle feature doesn't work quite right.

- Way too many easy passes that are made 80% of the time in the NHL get picked off.

- I find the hitting system this year weird.

- After the play, my player often goes into a mode where he doesn't respond to the controls and gets beaten on by opposing players.

- AI players on your own team compensate for a great play by either whiffing on the puck or not skating to the opening you've created.

Overall the main problem is one that's always plagued sports games; they don't make the competition better as skill cranks up...they make your players worse. I'm not sure how to fix this, but someone needs to re-think this part of these games.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 01:44 PM
  #89
copperandblue897
Registered User
 
copperandblue897's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 View Post
Having fun but getting a tad annoyed.

- The hustle feature doesn't work quite right.

- Way too many easy passes that are made 80% of the time in the NHL get picked off.

- I find the hitting system this year weird.

- After the play, my player often goes into a mode where he doesn't respond to the controls and gets beaten on by opposing players.

- AI players on your own team compensate for a great play by either whiffing on the puck or not skating to the opening you've created.

Overall the main problem is one that's always plagued sports games; they don't make the competition better as skill cranks up...they make your players worse. I'm not sure how to fix this, but someone needs to re-think this part of these games.

I know what you mean. Like when I play online if I play against a opponent of lower ranking, my good plays never happen. When a guy gets open, he won't accept the pass or won't be in position. Your own team gets substantially worse, as well penalties go way up against the higher ranked person.

To be honest no really sure how to fix this because the only other way to rank people and make it somewhat level is if you can only play against someone from within certain levels. Which is what I do most of the time. Just set the limit to how many levels to go up or down. However sometimes you have to take it off to be able to play a game

copperandblue897 is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 02:05 PM
  #90
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue897 View Post
I know what you mean. Like when I play online if I play against a opponent of lower ranking, my good plays never happen. When a guy gets open, he won't accept the pass or won't be in position. Your own team gets substantially worse, as well penalties go way up against the higher ranked person.

To be honest no really sure how to fix this because the only other way to rank people and make it somewhat level is if you can only play against someone from within certain levels. Which is what I do most of the time. Just set the limit to how many levels to go up or down. However sometimes you have to take it off to be able to play a game
The only sports games that have accomplished a decent experience with regard to increasing the level of competition rather than making your players worse are baseball games. I've played some very fun baseball games where I was shelled. Getting shelled in Madden or NHL is never fun because it's always due to some comp player whiffing 16 times or a goalie who suddenly can't stop a beach ball.

I think I've also already set a league record for posts...these are a rare statistical occurrence, not something that happens once a shift...

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline  
Old
10-04-2010, 02:51 PM
  #91
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
go for the xbox, reach is awesome and i never liked nhl on ps3 but like it on 360

Jamin is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:15 PM
  #92
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,123
vCash: 500
Any speculation on when the roster update is going to be released?

Soli is offline  
Old
10-07-2010, 12:41 PM
  #93
oilfan09
Registered User
 
oilfan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 657
vCash: 500
most likely next tuesday (e5)

oilfan09 is offline  
Old
10-14-2010, 05:26 PM
  #94
Teddy Peckman
Registered User
 
Teddy Peckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,730
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Teddy Peckman
Pre-ordered Fallout: New Vegas in July I think... only like 5 days away now.

Teddy Peckman is offline  
Old
10-14-2010, 06:07 PM
  #95
NeedMoreJam
Bachelors of Tanking
 
NeedMoreJam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by erixon View Post
Pre-ordered Fallout: New Vegas in July I think... only like 5 days away now.
**** yea. So pumped for next tuesday

NeedMoreJam is offline  
Old
10-14-2010, 06:18 PM
  #96
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,903
vCash: 500
wow i would love to get jacques, giroux, souray etc etc off my team so i could play the oilers with hall eberle and paajarvi

EA sucks at roster updates

T-Funk is offline  
Old
10-14-2010, 06:45 PM
  #97
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,829
vCash: 500
They are waiting for all the new players from europe and ncaa and newbies in the chl to play the couple games to get likeness rights

Valic is offline  
Old
10-14-2010, 07:17 PM
  #98
awesomo
HARD!
 
awesomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: location, location
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,885
vCash: 500
speaking of NHL 11 i opened up 3 peewee packs (cuz i was a roll)

Got Ersberg, Kabanov, Pisani, John Carlsson. Never get that lucky. Used up all my pucks though.

awesomo is offline  
Old
10-14-2010, 07:59 PM
  #99
Tad McMikowsky
Retired
 
Tad McMikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,518
vCash: 500
I can't wait for Fallout New Vegas next week. Gonna trade in Madden and NCAA.

Tad McMikowsky is offline  
Old
10-14-2010, 09:34 PM
  #100
Azor ahai
GOT snow?
 
Azor ahai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Marsh View Post
I can't wait for Fallout New Vegas next week. Gonna trade in Madden and NCAA.
i dont think ive in my life been more excited for game, its ridiculous almost like the start of an oilers season or something

Azor ahai is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.