HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

10-14-10 - Blues @ Preds "Pressure Drop"

Old
10-14-2010, 09:34 PM
kuggy

vCash: 500
So what is the list of injury player that the preds have:
-Kostitsyn (Definitly still injured.. he skates on one leg there's one ankle that have no strentgh)
-Lombardi
-Erat
-Rinne

Who else and for how long?

Nice game with all the injury.. let's take those 2 points and hope injury will not get worse.

Oh and sorry if I make some mistake, I don't really speak english

kuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Predsrule

lol can we have one year with out all the goalie stuff....

Every year! lol good thing i guess

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:36 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Uh oh... Toronto is also 3-0-0 to start off the year. Dallas looks like they'll do the same, and Edmonton has a chance though they are down right now. CRAP

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Good game guys keep it up!!!
Sully with goals in all 3 games HOS line realing clicking right now
Out of courisity what time is it in Melborne AU and TW? Man you guys are loyal!!!!

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:44 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Out of courisity what time is it in Melborne AU and TW? Man you guys are loyal!!!!
It's 10:45am here in Taiwan and I think about 3 hours ahead in AU. It's perfect timing for me as most games start around 8am here and I don't have to work in the mornings so I can watch the games hehe.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:49 PM
kivaerijo

another win, but they hand their hands full for last half of game. and anders needs to learn when/where to play the puck! some close calls. happy the HOS line is clicking.

would you pronounce HOS like pimping or like bubba in the country?

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:55 PM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
I don't think it's blacked out due to attendance. I think that Center Ice screwed up their programming and thinks there's a Nashville feed. When I look at the Center Ice guide channel it has both Home and Away feeds listed for the game. They have it blacked out because they think it's showing on Fox Sports or something.
Hiya, just wanted to let you guys know that here in Texas the same thing happened. On Center Ice's menu guide it only gave one option for tonight's game (SD & HD) but if I channel surfed, it gave me another option, but nothing ever showed up on it. So yeah, think its CI

KaylaJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 09:56 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post
another win, but they hand their hands full for last half of game. and anders needs to learn when/where to play the puck! some close calls. happy the HOS line is clicking.

Pimpin'. Then we can say "Keepin' the HOS in line."

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:05 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivaerijo View Post

Bubba.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:08 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Glad the team escaped this game with the W in regulation. Always hate playing the Blues-- those games are always tight checking games and usually one goal margins, often OT or shootouts decide them. They are an improved team over last year but as of now I have to say I don't see what has everyone predicting them to challenge for the Central this year. At least not from this performance.

I certainly agree we did not see SK at full speed or strength tonight. He also did not even take a normal number of shifts I would wager, although I am too lazy at this point to look up the stats.

Tootoo's antics are becoming an embarrassment. Not only did his little altercation at center ice cost the team a goal but it wore them down physically too. The hit behind the net was fine, but when is he going to realize this kind of marginal crap hurts the team, not to mention his own reputation to go with someone before they really know what is happening? At least that is what it looked like to me-- I missed some of it, but that is what I think I saw...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:02 PM
PeterAngelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Yeah this game was on at 11am here in Melbourne, not too bad but unless you have a lax workplace almost impossible to catch weekday games, except when the schedule matches up with a day off. The best games are the 1pm-3pm afternoon ones, easy enough to get up at 5am for some preds hockey!

PeterAngelo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Wes McSnipes*

Ughhhh. I hate the Preds but I admire the way they play. lol.

Good game tonight guys, was another hard fought 1-goal game - no surprise there, I coulda predicted that last week!

I really am envious of the way the Preds play. Barry Trotz is a very good coach that gets the most out of his team. You guys are without Lombardi and Erat and yet you still score 4 goals. I don't know how the Preds do it sometimes...but their players always step up. You are a fast, hard-working, gritty team that is tough to pkay against. You play tight defense and have some very crisp passing that sets up many scoring chances.

Not to mention you are well disciplined. You hardly take ANY penalties.

I wish the Blues become a team like the Preds. We are kind of similar in the sense that we're young and fast but we are far more inconsistent than the Preds so hopefully we can work on that. Nashville played last night so I expected them to be tired, but nope, they always come out playing aggressive. You are a very good hockey team.

Like I said, you are a division rival so I root for you to lose, but I love the way you play.

Wes McSnipes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'm fully on board the Cal O'Crow train, but I'm still not drinking the Lindback Kool-Aid. He's pretty much brutal when it comes to handling the puck...either behind the net or controlling the shots that he does stop. It's just impossible not to feel nervous, every time someone takes a shot with any traffic in front, because you know there's going to be a loose puck. Credit the defense for minimizing those chances.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:17 PM
PeterAngelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes McSnipes View Post
Ughhhh. I hate the Preds but I admire the way they play. lol.

Good game tonight guys, was another hard fought 1-goal game - no surprise there, I coulda predicted that last week!

I really am envious of the way the Preds play. Barry Trotz is a very good coach that gets the most out of his team. You guys are without Lombardi and Erat and yet you still score 4 goals. I don't know how the Preds do it sometimes...but their players always step up. You are a fast, hard-working, gritty team that is tough to pkay against. You play tight defense and have some very crisp passing that sets up many scoring chances.

Not to mention you are well disciplined. You hardly take ANY penalties.

I wish the Blues become a team like the Preds. We are kind of similar in the sense that we're young and fast but we are far more inconsistent than the Preds so hopefully we can work on that. Nashville played last night so I expected them to be tired, but nope, they always come out playing aggressive. You are a very good hockey team.

Like I said, you are a division rival so I root for you to lose, but I love the way you play.
Nice write-up dude, I gotta say the Blues look really good. Looks like hopefully 4 in the central for the playoffs again, circa 2 yrs ago. Pietrangelo looks like he has come along in leaps and bounds and Oshie is well, awesome to say the least. That goal of Oshie's was great and moreso that block of his in front of Halak when he came in from behind the net in the last period was fantastic from such a young player. I expect to see his name in Selke conversations once he starts getting the credit league-wide.

PeterAngelo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:18 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Why? So, Halischuk could sit on the press bench? So, he could play 5-10 minutes in place of who? Better to have Halischuk down playing regularly until we need him to replace an injury rather than have him sit around. Belak fills the role he has perfectly. He can play very occasionally and hit people when he's out there with out sacrificing too much defense.
What is that role, again? 4 or 5 staged WWE style fights a season? Oh, right, he's the "bodyguard," and no one takes cheap shots because they know their goon may have to fight ours.

Belak neither hits nor plays anything resembling defense. He did get a great view of one of the Blues' goals tonight, though.

Halischuk may only get minimal icetime..but no one seems concerned with Colin Wilson getting the same treatment at the moment. At least when MH is out there, something positive might happen. Belak is like...a black hole. Negative momentum.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 11:55 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I'm fully on board the Cal O'Crow train, but I'm still not drinking the Lindback Kool-Aid. He's pretty much brutal when it comes to handling the puck...either behind the net or controlling the shots that he does stop. It's just impossible not to feel nervous, every time someone takes a shot with any traffic in front, because you know there's going to be a loose puck. Credit the defense for minimizing those chances.
I pretty much agree with this. I'll happily eat crow all day long on Cal as long as he consistently produces all season. You can live with his defencies as long as he produces offensively.

Lindback still isn't ready for a starting role and in all honesty should probably be getting #1 minutes with the Ads but he has been battling hard and is playing about as well as you would expect him to in his situation. He needs to work on his puck handling and rebound control. Also being more calm in net. He tends to be all over the place sometimes but he has great potential.

Weber and Suter are so damn good it's truly a joy to watch.

Even though I wasn't hoping we would have to use it this early what you saw tonight ladies and gentleman was DEPTH. We have great depth this year. Rinne, Erat and Lombardi out? No problem.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:22 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Post Game Thoughts

1. Thanks for the kind words, Wes

2. SOB should have gotten 2 minutes for receiving. Im still pleasantly suprised with him so far.

3. Please have your tickets ready, All aboard the Cal O'crow train, there is room next to me on the front seat.

4. Franson wearing that number 4 really screws with me.

5. Sk is an interesting player. He has to be hurt still because he just doesnt skate, but then again he really didnt have to, he always knew where to be. If he can heal up and burn a little rubber I think he'll really be something to watch.

6. Its awesome that we havent really missed Erat. We have a balanced attack.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:59 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Seven point-per-game players. SEVEN.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because it may be a while before something like this happens again.

I'm not convinced that O'Reilly wasn't abducted by aliens in the off-season and replaced with an android. It almost seems like he can do no wrong out there right now.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 04:42 AM
thejlb1

Why would anyone doubt Cal. What was it two years ago when we were making a push for the playoffs and Arnott went down then Legwand, and al stepped up to the 1st line and had a fantastic run. I think it was close 10 games maybe more. He was averaging about a point per game. Throw in a couple shootout goals, I was shocked he didn't make the team last year.

His biggest downside is he doesn't have the biggest frame, but he's proved to me he can take, and he does try to get physical. My biggest fear is he ends up like Peverley. I do not want that. I could think of a handful of guys I'd get rid of before him.

thejlb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 04:54 AM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
He will give you a few heart-attacks for sure (Lindbäck, he played on my hometown team last season). But he usually ends up saving anyway. Also when he's on his game he's impossible to score on, only one i've seen with that kind of ability to just close a game is Jonas Gustavsson in Toronto (thats why his nickname "the monster" caught on).

dr-nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 06:02 AM
WalkmanX

With all the chances we had in the first, we could have put the game away right there, but well if you know the Preds, you know that they like to make it close until the buzzer

Again same as after last game i have to mention the Sully-O'Reilly-Horny line, they have great chemistry and I'm really looking forward to seeing them all season and what they can do.

Lindback same as last night gave some juicy rebounds and the puck handling is really bad, every time he goes behind the net to play it, you have to hold your breath, but he also made some clutch saves and this guy is going to be something special in the future.

Got my first look of SK tonight, as i read, he might still be hurt, but i liked him alot more on the Legwand line than Smithson.

I think if we are fully healthy we are a scary hard working team, and I'm feeling this might be the year, we push pass the first round.

Lets go Preds and beat the Caps on Saturday

Side note: Man i Don't know what i did to deserve this, but my NHL team is 3-0 and my NFL team is 4-1 (Falcons). This is a pretty sweet season beginning for me Keep it up boys

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:45 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Things I never thought I would say:

Cal O'Reilly: #1 center

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Things I never thought I would say:

Cal O'Reilly: #1 center
I never thought I'd hear than and be ok with it..... but things change

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:02 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Oh and, how many games should Tootoo see in suspension. He cold cocked a guy who hadn't dropped his gloves yet. Sure the guy was a punk but it was still a free shot to the mouth without the gloves being dropped.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 10:34 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Oh and, how many games should Tootoo see in suspension. He cold cocked a guy who hadn't dropped his gloves yet. Sure the guy was a punk but it was still a free shot to the mouth without the gloves being dropped.
zero. reaves went after him immediatly after tootoo cleanly checked d'agostini. tootoo tried skating away and he egged him on. tootoo was facing him hen reaves turtled. Maybe, Maybe if tootoo actully landed a blow to a guy begging for the fight and he stayed down, he might get a game. Instead reaves actted like a coward and waited for mcclement (I think) to engage tootoo and magically was ok to jump up and sucker punch tootoo while his arms were tied up.

I am still amazed their wasn't a roughing given to mcclement for jumping into the scrap reaves was begging for and then wasn't ready for. pretty piss poor from a wanna be enforcer.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote