HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You guys are obsessed with Halak!

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Price has certainly shown that he has elite talent. Perhaps we should wait until our top 2 defensemen are in the lineup and the team has a chance to gel a bit?

Halak is going to be awesome, we already know that. Price has the chance to do the same because we have a good team too.

Time will tell.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 10-14-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old
10-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Nice to know you're still as annoying as ever

Price faced more shots last night than Halak in two games combined. They play for two different teams.

Educate yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Yes i'm happy for Halak that he saved 13 out of 14 shots in the last GAME. Price face more shots in 1 period yesterday than Halak in the whole game against Anaheim.

Whether it's 13 of 14, or 45 of 45, in the regular season, at the olympics, or in the playoffs, it's the same answer for some.

"All stats lie and leave my BF alone"

Old
10-14-2010, 06:48 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Who's pretending that? None of those goals yesterday were stoppable by any goalie. The point is we know Halak can stop 40+ shots easily, so joking about how he's succeeding because of his low shot total seems a bit silly to me. The other thing is that making any pronouncements about Price or Halak is premature. The only way fans will get over the trade is if Price does as well as Halak in the playoffs. The regular season won't matter much compared to that. We have a long season to go, and possibly seasons, before this is settled, so we best make nice with each other and enjoy the ride.
Not sure about that last goal. The Letestu goal wasn't great either. He let in a stinker or two against Toronto as well. But he's played like a champ otherwise.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 10-14-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old
10-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
why do people still acknowledge Earl The Troll? Hes like a 5 year old, seeking constant attention with his emo tactics. Ignore and he will go away, i swear ;/
I rarely respond to the juveniles but....probably because I've seen more hockey than you and your Carey Price blow up doll put together and can tell good players from not, and good management from not.

When you're a teenager like yourself the world is a very different place. You have no experience, accept that and move on.

If you want to talk hockey or the management of, I welcome your thoughts. But what you wrote above is flaming and trolling all rolled up together .

Old
10-14-2010, 07:42 PM
HOPE4HABS

Halak let in 3 goals on 10 shots tonight. Its in the first against the Preds.

Old
10-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE4HABS View Post
Halak let in 3 goals on 10 shots tonight. Its in the first against the Preds.
Just when you thought the issue was settled, it opens right back up. I guess Halak has been exposed now. I hope he enjoys playing in Peoria, cause that's where he's heading after the game.

Old
10-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Whether it's 13 of 14, or 45 of 45, in the regular season, at the olympics, or in the playoffs, it's the same answer for some.

"All stats lie and leave my BF alone"
Well I guess Halak sucks then because stats don't lie considering he let in three goals on his first nine shots?

Now, I don't really want halak to do bad, in fact I hope he continues to prove his talent given that he is a reflection of our drafting and one of the few bright spots in it. Plus it's always terrible to wish ill on a player, maybe you should learn something from that latter point.

Now stats should be contextualized always because they are a very poor indicator of performance. Now Halak let in 3 goals on his first 9 shots, but hasn't been playing badly, St.Louis just hasn't been playing good.

Also in regards to Carey Price, he's played three excellent games so far, he's been the best player on the ice in the last two and one of the better ones in the first game.

The funny thing is the way Price has played so far hasn't really been all that different from the way he played last aside from what 6-7 games, but all goalies have a terrible games(even Halak was pulled four times last year).

Now, stop whinning and start backing the goalie on the team you are cheering for because it's just insanly immature to do otherwise and it's going to suck if all this bites you in the end because it could have been easily avoided.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:14 AM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Well I guess Halak sucks then because stats don't lie considering he let in three goals on his first nine shots?

Now, I don't really want halak to do bad, in fact I hope he continues to prove his talent given that he is a reflection of our drafting and one of the few bright spots in it. Plus it's always terrible to wish ill on a player, maybe you should learn something from that latter point.

Now stats should be contextualized always because they are a very poor indicator of performance. Now Halak let in 3 goals on his first 9 shots, but hasn't been playing badly, St.Louis just hasn't been playing good.

Also in regards to Carey Price, he's played three excellent games so far, he's been the best player on the ice in the last two and one of the better ones in the first game.

The funny thing is the way Price has played so far hasn't really been all that different from the way he played last aside from what 6-7 games, but all goalies have a terrible games(even Halak was pulled four times last year).

Now, stop whinning and start backing the goalie on the team you are cheering for because it's just insanly immature to do otherwise and it's going to suck if all this bites you in the end because it could have been easily avoided.
So I wonder, now that Halak's stats so far are worse than Price's in this young season, will he say that stats don't mean anything now since it's only 3 games in? But he certainly suggested that Halak was better than Price based on their respective stats prior to halak's most recent game where he let in 4.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:31 AM
HabbyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Educate yourself.

Wholak 2-0 0.99 0.955
Who?

Old
10-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
So I wonder, now that Halak's stats so far are worse than Price's in this young season, will he say that stats don't mean anything now since it's only 3 games in? But he certainly suggested that Halak was better than Price based on their respective stats prior to halak's most recent game where he let in 4.
in 2 out of 3 categories Halak is superior, so I guess it's not so clear huh? But since Halak has been so superior for so long that one period must have really allowed Price Club to release some pent up frustration. Enjoy your night guys.

Old
10-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

As expected, thread has been hijacked. If you want to discuss Halak's performance with the Blues, take it to the OT thread like everyone else.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=825977

Closed Thread