HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME 5: "Quiet Crowd" | Islanders @ Penguins | Fri, Oct 15, 2010 | 7:00 PM (et)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2010, 01:00 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

vCash: 500
We are officially tied with Anaheim for the worst record in the league...awesome

Old
10-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Dan Barr

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
You need to chill anyway......its Mike Comrie...he was available until a month ago for a reason. If he plays on the 4th line...its ok.
No, it's really not. It's completely nonsensical. Comrie needs to play in a scoring role (my preference) or not play at all. Him playing in the bottom six is even worse than him being scratched for no reason.

Old
10-15-2010, 01:20 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
No, it's really not. It's completely nonsensical. Comrie needs to play in a scoring role (my preference) or not play at all. Him playing in the bottom six is even worse than him being scratched for no reason.
He wasn't scratched for no reason. He was scratched for his lack of effort in winning puck battles. Listen to DB's post skate sound on the website today. he dosen't come out and say that, but it is obvious that is what he means.

Old
10-15-2010, 01:32 AM
66-29-33

If Comrie is a regular in getting scratched Bylsma is gonna start making UFA's not wanna come here. The guy just got here and is already being scratched. Others will start to wonder if that will be them. What was the point in signing Comrie if we are just gonna keep scratching him assuming that is what will keep happening? pretty useless signing much like that euro guy we used to have.

Old
10-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Dan Barr

Mike Comrie is a skill player who was brought here to make skill plays. I don't care if he's not the strongest along the boards, or if he isn't the hardest working player on the team. After Crosby and Malkin, he is without question the best offensive forward on the team, both in terms of physical skill and hockey sense. Let's say for the sake of argument that he is a weak, lazy player who has never won a single board battle in his entire hockey career. Would you play him in a checking role, where his main objective is to crash, bang, and dig for pucks?

Old
10-15-2010, 01:40 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
Mike Comrie is a skill player who was brought here to make skill plays. I don't care if he's not the strongest along the boards, or if he isn't the hardest working player on the team. After Crosby and Malkin, he is without question the best offensive forward on the team, both in terms of physical skill and hockey sense. Let's say for the sake of argument that he is a weak, lazy player who has never won a single board battle in his entire hockey career. Would you play him in a checking role, where his main objective is to crash, bang, and dig for pucks?
if it gets him closer to that mentality...yes. I don't think DB is an idiot.....whatever he is doing is for a reason.

Old
10-15-2010, 02:11 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Kinguin with the first GDT Home Win?
If I might add, the best GDT by far also

Click

Jags this is just for you.

Last edited by Ugene Malkin: 10-15-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Old
10-15-2010, 04:29 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Streit, Okposo, Wisniewski. Pretty much the Isles first D-pairing and best forward. Streit and Okposo are their best two players.

I anyone talks about our injuries in this one, they should be ashamed. As should our team, if they don't win.

Old
10-15-2010, 05:19 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Streit, Okposo, Wisniewski. Pretty much the Isles first D-pairing and best forward. Streit and Okposo are their best two players.

I anyone talks about our injuries in this one, they should be ashamed. As should our team, if they don't win.
I believe Tavares is out, too, but he might be a game time decision. Either way, it's the kind of situation we need to capitalize on and come away with two points. With that said this same Islander's squad almost beat a Caps team that has been near invincible at home and they still have some pretty decent players on the roster, so I don't think it'll come easy (as if they ever do, right?). Plus we're pretty banged up, obviously. Regardless, we need a win badly here.

I can only hope Comrie is in the lineup for Bylsma's sake. He deserves all of the flack he gets if Godard dresses in his absence yet again over far more deserving culprits like Rupp and Adams.

Old
10-15-2010, 05:22 AM
66-29-33

You forgot Tavares.

Old
10-15-2010, 05:36 AM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

DB loves sandpaper guys with no skill.... its a proven fact.

i think since that's what he was, he loves giving those guys more of a "chance" than he got. He probably despises soft skilled guys.

huge mistake on his part because it almost seems like an ego thing more than a coaching strategy..... get over it man, you need a good mix of both to be a winning team

Old
10-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Muscles4Malkin
Top-6 Beau

Awesome GDT Kinguin! One stat I would like to see is hits instead of SHG. If that could be done in future.

Old
10-15-2010, 06:19 AM
wej20

The fact that Rupp and Kennedy have similar ice time is ridiculous given how they've both played to start the year. NO MORE RUPP ON SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-15-2010, 06:35 AM
AK

I sort of expect another loss tonight. Things might be rough until they get healthy.

Old
10-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Dylonus

KINGUIN!

Thank you for posting that video of that game. It makes me appreciate MAF more, and show the trolls just who they really are

The same stuff ive been preaching is shown in that video. MAF gave up 3 goals in a 7-3 win, but look at how they're scored.

Two are deflections from blown assignments, and the 3rd is from two of his own defenseman SCREENING him

Fleury is not the problem, our lack of defensive discipline is

Old
10-15-2010, 07:04 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

The King's Gone Crazy. ™

Excellent GTD, dude. Thanks!

One minor quip: wherever the E. Conference numbers are being pulled from, they're funked up a little bit. GP, W-L are mixed up on a bunch of them. Guessing the wrong columns got copied and pasted or something like that.

Meantime, Onward with our high powered AHL defense! You can't stop Lovejoy, Engelland and Hutch, you can only hope to contain them.

Old
10-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Jer Flip

Just wanted to say, awesome GDT.

Old
10-15-2010, 08:41 AM
regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloden View Post
I believe Letestu can play right wing as I remember him playing that on Staal's line last year
Wasnt Letestu Centering Fedentenko and someone else?
Him and Staal never played together that I can remember.

Old
10-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Kinguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles4Malkin View Post
Awesome GDT Kinguin! One stat I would like to see is hits instead of SHG. If that could be done in future.
That's a good idea.
Took note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkochalek View Post
The King's Gone Crazy. ™
Excellent GTD, dude. Thanks!

One minor quip: wherever the E. Conference numbers are being pulled from, they're funked up a little bit. GP, W-L are mixed up on a bunch of them. Guessing the wrong columns got copied and pasted or something like that.

Meantime, Onward with our high powered AHL defense! You can't stop Lovejoy, Engelland and Hutch, you can only hope to contain them.
Thanks for bringing this, Zip. Yeah, it's straight from NHL.com and they added another column to the Conference standings (the division from where the team is) and also a shootout record. From season to season they change a bit and I was caught off-guard. To make it fast, I depend on the CTRL C/CTRL V to be working well.

Old
10-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Kinguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Martin View Post
[CENTER]Kinguin with the first GDT Home Win?
If I might add, the best GDT by far also
Oh, didn't think about this, but yeah, I hope we get out of this hole. Who knows?
I had to use my magnifying glass to spot the Penguins in the conference standings and found our team at the very last. A Kingwin is urgent now.

BTW, thanks for the props, folks, I'm glad that you're liking the GDT.

Old
10-15-2010, 09:03 AM
gopens66
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloden View Post
im still hoping we lose the next 5-7 games and Dan gets fired.
This can't happen. We're running out of WBS coaches.

Old
10-15-2010, 09:05 AM
JWells16

Awesome GDT... I truly am expecting another loss. The Islanders always play us hard, and we have shown absolutely no system, power play, or chemistry as of yet. Bylsma's only move has been putting Malkin and Crosby out at the same time. I used to love Disco, but as of late, his moves have been questionable. Comrie showed some real chemistry in the preseason and in the first game or so with Malkin, yet he's on the 4th line? I'm sorry, Dan, but not everyone can be a gritty forward who plays a 3rd line style. Some players are scorers, and you need to let them play with other scorers. Comrie on the 4th line or as a scratch is useless.

Old
10-15-2010, 09:12 AM
BaileyToOkposo

isles fan here just checkin out the message board. dont get 2 high on comrie. hes not as good as people think. i thought he was good til i saw him play here. u will start 2 hate his toe drag soon lol

Old
10-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
I'd vote the same, but Engelland proved his merit in the last game and he's going to be playing one way or another.

Regardless of the goon role or whatever, Rupp needs to be sat for a game or two. He's been the worst player on the ice for us so far.
Engelland has fought Konopka before, and beat him pretty decisively.

Old
10-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Snooki Stackhouse

All I can say is: thank god Richard Park is gone. That's one less shorthanded goal the Pens have to overcome.

Closed Thread