HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Little Explanation of What's Going on w/ NYR Blue Line

Old
10-15-2010, 07:59 AM
CaptainObvi0us
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Little Explanation of What's Going on w/ NYR Blue Line

LINK

Maybe I'm reading what I want to but that quote from Torts made it sound like they are going to give Eminger a shot on his natural (right) side to prove what he can do. If he doesn't improve then he'll sit.

In all honesty, Sauer has been the better of the two by far and he should be the one playing.

EDIT: Sorry for the typo in the title

CaptainObvi0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:02 AM
ruckus*

Can we please just get McDonagh up here? We're gonna play music chairs with guys who can't play defense period, let alone their off side?

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:17 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Eminger and Gilroy are wastes... we need to STOP making these kinds of acquisitions in the offseason... I HATE THEM.. ie: Brashear, White, Rissmiller... ENOUGH!!!

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Coach John Tortorella was asked if it could be inferred that he believes Gilroy will do a better job on the left than Eminger did.

"Not really. I don't know"
Gilroy had a "good enough" camp, so he's just going to shove him into the lineup at random? That just doesn't sound productive to me.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:25 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Gilroy had a "good enough" camp, so he's just going to shove him into the lineup at random? That just doesn't sound productive to me.
Gilroy has never played Left Defense in his life and now in an NHL game, they are gonna try.

Big set up for failure.

Waive Emminger and bring up Tank or McD. I would rather see one of them get there feet wet in the NHL than try a guy who has never played the position.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:37 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Tortorella really pisses me off.

Sauer has been a TOP 3 DEFENSEMAN for us so far this season.

This is the kind of thing he does, all the time, and its why he will never be a great coach. He gets in his own way.

The defense has been less then stellar as a whole, so what's his remedy? Scratching one of the BETTER defensemen, and dressing two of our WORST defensemen instead...real stroke of genius there 'Torts', and when Henrik is letting up goals on prime scoring chances that he has no chance on tonight, what's your next awful idea?

'If a young guy earns a spot, he will play' deeeeeerrrrrrfffffff.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:37 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

love that leadership by coach clown. this guy needs to go. im so hoping hes shown the door before christmas.

as far as the d situation goes, im wayyy more concerned with our top 4 than the bottom pair. girardi seems to have started pretty well. hes got 6 shots on net which i like to see from danny. hes been involved and hes playing well.

staal looks lost. like he did in preseason.

then theres rozy.

rozy played possibly the most unproductive 27 minutes of hockey ive ever seen on monday. 1 shot. 1 secondary pp assist (by passing it to mdz btw). for an "offensive dman" hes pretty offensive alright......

so far this season, in @ 47 minutes of hockey in the first 2 games, blowzsy has exactly

1 SHOT

is that even possible for a guy who plays the pp and is supposedly playing to add offense.

and other than the pp, mdz is playing like stevie wonder.

gilroy is not the answer folks. we dont need more offense from our defense.

we need more defense from our defense.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:48 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

I gotta agree w/you ODC

I've defended Rozy in the past but he has looked B A D so far. I cant even point to good defensive work to compensate for the lack of offense.

What coach is responsible for the defence this year?

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:56 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

As it stands, 66% of our Defense that is starting tonight are TERRIBLE.

Why would he scratch Sauer? Honestly, Torts is an idiot.... I'm starting to seriously question his ability to effectively manage our talent.

"safe is death"... yeah ok... so is a swiss cheese blue line...you momo!

What a sissy Defense that's getting trotted out there for the home opener. Torts, you are a fool.

Last edited by KreiMeARiver*: 10-15-2010 at 09:12 AM.
KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:04 AM
CaptainObvi0us
HFB Partner

Even Del Zotto who had a few points vs the Islanders practically gave the NYI 2 goals on Monday

CaptainObvi0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:06 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
He's still "evaluating".....

And he's doing it at the expense of Sauer, who deserves to be in the lineup.

I'm glad our coach uses regular season games to throw darts blindfolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Tortorella really pisses me off.

Sauer has been a TOP 3 DEFENSEMAN for us so far this season.

This is the kind of thing he does, all the time, and its why he will never be a great coach. He gets in his own way.

The defense has been less then stellar as a whole, so what's his remedy? Scratching one of the BETTER defensemen, and dressing two of our WORST defensemen instead...real stroke of genius there 'Torts', and when Henrik is letting up goals on prime scoring chances that he has no chance on tonight, what's your next awful idea?

'If a young guy earns a spot, he will play' deeeeeerrrrrrfffffff.

Does anyone else love how he doesn't have an answer for any of this?

Where are all the supporters from the appreciation thread to defend this? This is the stuff he does that he's clueless about.

He pretty much tells the media here that he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Is anyone else confused as to why if he were going to play a d-man on his off side, he picks the worst d-man?

I guess it's because he figures Gilroy can't be any worse? Maybe he doesn't want to ruin Sauer's confidence by doing that to him?

I'm hoping that's the case because otherwise I see no way anyone can justify this.

Old
10-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Gilroy has never played Left Defense in his life and now in an NHL game, they are gonna try.

Big set up for failure.

Waive Emminger and bring up Tank or McD. I would rather see one of them get there feet wet in the NHL than try a guy who has never played the position.
Basically.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

But...Redden's gone? How can there be problems?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Procrastinator

when you have a clueless GM his desicion making will usually follow the same clueless path (i.e FA,coaches,etc).

this org needs a clean sweep. if dolan ever watched 1 ranger game he might just realize the same.

Procrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:19 AM
ruckus*

Sather emphasized that he wants to keep building the Rangers’ young core, saying “there’s so many good young kids here who can come in and take some veterans’ spots. At the same time, if a veteran is going to give his spot away, he doesn’t deserve to be here. The more kids we have on the team, the better off we are.”

Old
10-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Regardless of his shots on goal this year....Rosy has been our best D-man these first two games.

No, he doesn't belong on the power play but he is our most reliable guy right now.

If you can't see that you should start watching more closely

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:24 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
love that leadership by coach clown. this guy needs to go. im so hoping hes shown the door before christmas.

as far as the d situation goes, im wayyy more concerned with our top 4 than the bottom pair. girardi seems to have started pretty well. hes got 6 shots on net which i like to see from danny. hes been involved and hes playing well.

staal looks lost. like he did in preseason.

then theres rozy.

rozy played possibly the most unproductive 27 minutes of hockey ive ever seen on monday. 1 shot. 1 secondary pp assist (by passing it to mdz btw). for an "offensive dman" hes pretty offensive alright......

so far this season, in @ 47 minutes of hockey in the first 2 games, blowzsy has exactly

1 SHOT

is that even possible for a guy who plays the pp and is supposedly playing to add offense.

and other than the pp, mdz is playing like stevie wonder.

gilroy is not the answer folks. we dont need more offense from our defense.

we need more defense from our defense.
Somewhat agree about Rosival. Staal will find his way, I have confidence in that.

I defend Rosival a lot, and will continue to because as of now, he's a guy who eats a lot of minutes and for the most part, plays good defense (as he should), but he's a disaster on the power play due to his not putting the puck on the net. What makes it worse is that for the most part, he has a pretty damn good shot.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:29 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

I hate to be that guy.

but maybe there is a deal coming. deals usually do happen on the weekend.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:33 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post

Big set up for failure.

5 years ago, he had never played defence either.

Lets see what he can do before we call it a failure

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:36 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
Regardless of his shots on goal this year....Rosy has been our best D-man these first two games.

No, he doesn't belong on the power play but he is our most reliable guy right now.

If you can't see that you should start watching more closely

playing alot of minutes is great.

playing alot of minutes and not scoring points when you are playing the pp and first pair minutes.

not so good.

playing 47 minutes averaging over 23 min per game and having one secondary assist and 1 shot on net.

really not good. or reliable.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:43 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
5 years ago, he had never played defence either.

Lets see what he can do before we call it a failure
He still doesn't play defense.

Maybe we should work on that before switching him around.

Old
10-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

You would be unhappy with 41 points this season from Rozsival? damn.

I really dont care about his offense too much as long as he plays top 4 defense like we desperately need. And we really have no one else on the back end with any sort of PP instincts except Del Zotto.

Staal is our #1 'defensive' dman but until he learns the power play Rozy will continue to be our #1 minutes defenseman.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Can we please just get McDonagh up here? We're gonna play music chairs with guys who can't play defense period, let alone their off side?
agreed. How is he doing in Hartford? How many games does he need down there according to the team brass is the question

it's inevitable that Mcdonaugh and Sauer are the 5/6 Dmen. I think they are just a little afraid they are throwing too many rooks hence why Emminger is getting a chance

Emminger should be sitting and Gilroy should be off the team

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I feel like a lot of people want Eminger and Gilroy to do badly, which is understandable considering that they are blocking the way of likely much better, younger defensemen.

Valentenko I believe is +3 in 2 games, McDonagh -1 in hartford, neither have scored.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 10:10 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I feel like a lot of people want Eminger and Gilroy to do badly, which is understandable considering that they are blocking the way of likely much better, younger defensemen.

Valentenko I believe is +3 in 2 games, McDonagh -1 in hartford, neither have scored.
I definitely don't want them to fail. My number one priority is the Rangers winning hockey games. I hope they play lights out tonight. I just don't see it though.

Does anyone have a link for AHL box scores with TOI statistics? The AHL website doesn't seem to have that.