HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings 2010-11 AHL Monarchs and ECHL Reign, Prospect Update Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
Monarchs score a lot again ... but come up 1 short in their opener.

http://www.monarchshockey.com/fullstory.php?id=3796

Portland Pirates narrowly edged the Manchester Monarchs, 6-5

Goals by Richard Clune, Dwight King, Corey Elkins and 2 for David Meckler

Old
10-10-2010, 01:05 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
wtf sign and release the SAME DAY ? I don't understand that one AT ALL was he THAT bad in one day of practice ?

anyway ...
Was he that bad? probably not. Is it better for his development to end up in Ontario or Plymouth being the go to guy? Yes!

Look at the list of forwards that were kept and then think about where exactly Czarnik fits... He doesn't really bring anything that someone else does o do anything better than any of the players that made the roster. Better in the log run for him to play every night and be a key player than be a possible healthy scratch on most nights.

And who the heck light the fire under Meckler? He's come out looking like the guy that scored 20 goals his rookie year in the AHL instead of the one that struggled the past two seasons...

Old
10-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Was he that bad? probably not. Is it better for his development to end up in Ontario or Plymouth being the go to guy? Yes!

Look at the list of forwards that were kept and then think about where exactly Czarnik fits... He doesn't really bring anything that someone else does o do anything better than any of the players that made the roster. Better in the log run for him to play every night and be a key player than be a possible healthy scratch on most nights.
That's all well and fine ... and I would agree with what you stated.
BUT ... why bring him up and sign him to Manchester, FOR ONE DAY, then ? THAT is what I don't get. Seems like setting up the Kids hopes, only to knock them down in the same day.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:08 AM
KingLB

Did he ever sign with the Kings?? I know you have 4 yrs for a kid drafted out of college and 2 for kids out of the CHL, but not sure what happens if they switch. Maybe the Kings had to sign him to some sort of a contract, if not now some time this year, and if they had agreed why not sign it now.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Did he ever sign with the Kings?? I know you have 4 yrs for a kid drafted out of college and 2 for kids out of the CHL, but not sure what happens if they switch. Maybe the Kings had to sign him to some sort of a contract, if not now some time this year, and if they had agreed why not sign it now.
THIS contract in question was an AHL (PTO) contract, not w/ the KINGS, I don't think it would factor into what you're questioning ?

Old
10-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
I wasn't sure where to post this, but today Maxim Kitsyn is back to the KHL and already picked up an assist after his elbow injury.
Here you can find his profile: http://www.russianprospect.com/maxim-kitsyn if you look on the bottom we will follow him game-by-game in the "Kitsyn watch" section, and also we'll publish reports about him in the Articles section.

10-10-2010, 06:10 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
I wasn't sure where to post this, but today Maxim Kitsyn is back to the KHL and already picked up an assist after his elbow injury.
Here you can find his profile: http://www.russianprospect.com/maxim-kitsyn if you look on the bottom we will follow him game-by-game in the "Kitsyn watch" section, and also we'll publish reports about him in the Articles section.
Nice! Hopefully we can just add this to the main post and people can check it periodically.

Also that picture cracks me up everytime I see it, if Kitsyn ever makes the NHL that will be my new avatar.

Old
10-10-2010, 08:23 AM
hockeynutz

Quote:
Monarchs score a lot again ... but come up 1 short in their opener.

http://www.monarchshockey.com/fullstory.php?id=3796

Portland Pirates narrowly edged the Manchester Monarchs, 6-5

Goals by Richard Clune, Dwight King, Corey Elkins and 2 for David Meckler
Meckler looks to be much improved from last year.

Clune's goal was dirty & very nice to see.

Zatkoff gave up a couple really soft goals, which has me a bit concerned. maybe first night jitters or something...

this quote from Morris is spot on
Quote:
“We had too many passengers,” said Monarchs Head Coach Mark Morris. “A lot of guys are going to have to play to their potential. We had too many breakdowns in our own zone. We needed every to play tonight and we didn’t have that. We had too many mishandled pucks that led to breakdowns. You don’t want to give up six goals.”
Hickey was awful - his turnovers were primarily responsible for a couple of the Portland goals. Kolomatis was consistenly getting beat as Portland advanced into our zone., As much as many Monarchs fans tend to think Campbell should be playing elsewhere, he was probably the best D-man out there last night.

Old
10-10-2010, 09:30 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
As Puck U said the contract in question was an AHL PTO, the Kings still have two years to sign Czarnik before they lose his rights. I honestly think it was a numbers game and that he was signed and then Hextall realized that once Cliche, Kaunisto are healthy there will be 15 forwards in Manch and when Parse returns one of Lewis, or Loktionov could get sent down as well and he was released back to juniors.

Old
10-10-2010, 12:00 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

So Czarnik is going back to Plymouth or Ontario? Which one lol?

Old
10-10-2010, 12:51 PM
GR81

Just posted in the Junior thread. Czarnik's in the lineup today for Plymouth against Kingston. He's already picked up an assist on the first Whaler goal.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=822226&page=2

Old
10-10-2010, 01:50 PM
GR81

Does anyone have a link to todays Narch's game? Puck drops in 10 minutes.

Old
10-10-2010, 02:10 PM
GR81

It was just reported on the AHL radio stream prior to the Narchs game that Johan Fransson has left for the SEL. Can anyone confirm?

EDIT: Ersberg in goal for the Narch's.

Last edited by GR81: 10-10-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Game Update...
Old
10-10-2010, 04:25 PM
riznat

Monarchs win! Ersberg stops 27 of 28.

Manchester goals:
King, (2) (Moller, Zeiler), 6:08
Azevedo, (1) (Holloway, Kozun), 9:19

Old
10-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

reading Monarchs facebook page, sounds like Meckler got hurt ?

http://www.hs.facebook.com/MonarchsHockey?v=wall

Old
10-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Yabob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
It was just reported on the AHL radio stream prior to the Narchs game that Johan Fransson has left for the SEL. Can anyone confirm?
Haven't found an English source yet, but apparently he's been sent on loan to the KHL team SKA St. Petersburg.

Old
10-11-2010, 08:14 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Yup, it is pretty much confirmed since Expressen has quotes from Fransson himself. Kings are loaning him to SKA St. Petersburg and he's excited about it.

http://translate.google.com/translat...bar-elitserien

"-Competition was real tough and playing in the AHL just wasn't quite right for me."

Old
10-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Oh well ... so much for FRANSSON ... but BOTH of TEUBERT and VOYNOV should be healthy and with Manchester soon anyways, so the Blueline would have been overly crowded anyways.

Old
10-11-2010, 07:31 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Monarchs win! Ersberg stops 27 of 28.

Manchester goals:
King, (2) (Moller, Zeiler), 6:08
Azevedo, (1) (Holloway, Kozun), 9:19
Please tell me those 3 aren't skating together on the same line? There is no size and little grit at all there... Have they started calling them the "Montreal Canadiens Experience" yet? Any chance Moller gets put on the other wing and they can be the Umpa-Lumpa line?

Old
10-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Please tell me those 3 aren't skating together on the same line? There is no size and little grit at all there... Have they started calling them the "Montreal Canadiens Experience" yet? Any chance Moller gets put on the other wing and they can be the Umpa-Lumpa line?
Getting info and feedback from Manchester has been tougher than it used to be ...
but from what I've been able to best figure and piece together, I think they're skating like this ...

Dwight King -/- Oscar Moller (A) -/- John Zeiler
Bud Holloway -/- Justin Azevedo -/- Brandon Kozun
David Meckler -/- Corey Elkins -/- Michael Pelch
Richard Clune -/- Jordan Nolan -/- Justin Johnson
scratch Zach Harnden

Thomas Hickey (A) -/- Andrew Campbell
Alec Martinez (A) -/- David Kolomatis
Patrick Mullen -/- Jordan Hill

Jeff Zatkoff
Erik Ersberg

STILL w/ NHL KINGS on IR, but expect in Manchester this Season:
Marc-Andre Cliche' (C/RW)
Ray Kaunisto (F)
Colton Teubert (D)
Viatcheslav Voynov (D)

No CAPTAIN has been announced yet but wearing the A's were Moller, Hickey and Martinez.

I might be wrong, but based on scoring reports/Monarchs Online Roster/the +/- stat that's the best I can figure, take it for what it's worth until proven otherwise.
Josh Deitell posted on the Monarchs Facebook site asking for the Line-Up, so hopefully we'll know in a day or two.

Last edited by Puck U: 10-12-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old
10-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

well Voynov is on his way ...

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=540368

I'd assume that means Jordan Hill is on his way to the Ontario Reign, unless they want someone to get more ice time ?

Old
10-14-2010, 12:19 AM
JMFJ 3

Ersberg is too good for the AHL, I was hoping someone would claim him off waivers so he'd get an opportunity to play at the highest level.

Old
10-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Getting info and feedback from Manchester has been tougher than it used to be ...
but from what I've been able to best figure and piece together, I think they're skating like this ...

Dwight King -/- Oscar Moller (A) -/- John Zeiler
Bud Holloway -/- Justin Azevedo -/- Brandon Kozun
David Meckler -/- Corey Elkins -/- Michael Pelch
Richard Clune -/- Jordan Nolan -/- Justin Johnson
scratch Zach Harnden

Thomas Hickey (A) -/- Andrew Campbell
Alec Martinez (A) -/- David Kolomatis
Patrick Mullen -/- Jordan Hill

Jeff Zatkoff
Erik Ersberg

STILL w/ NHL KINGS on IR, but expect in Manchester this Season:
Marc-Andre Cliche' (C/RW)
Ray Kaunisto (F)
Colton Teubert (D)
Viatcheslav Voynov (D)

No CAPTAIN has been announced yet but wearing the A's were Moller, Hickey and Martinez.

I might be wrong, but based on scoring reports/Monarchs Online Roster/the +/- stat that's the best I can figure, take it for what it's worth until proven otherwise.
Josh Deitell posted on the Monarchs Facebook site asking for the Line-Up, so hopefully we'll know in a day or two.
Cliche was waived awhile ago.

Old
10-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Cliche was waived awhile ago.
Yes I know supposedly near the start of the season ... and I thought I heard on the Radio pre-game (Nick & Daryl) during FrozenFury I think it was, that he cleared and would make his way to Manchester ? yet in the OCT 6 KINGS Notebook (http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=539796) it stated ...
Quote:
while Matt Greene, Marc-Andre Cliche, Colten Teubert and Viatcheslav Voynov, who never officially participated in training camp, will star the season as non-roster players.
and Cliche' is still listed on the LA Kings .com active Roster List as of today. They usually clean out guys that are no longer Kings property pretty fast ... so I gotta wonder if he is still on the IR, and can't be cut loose to Manchester yet or what ? I haven't heard anything about him since the end of Pre-Season.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:14 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Cliche had to go through waiver to go to Manchester. He cleared so should be with them now.

Closed Thread