HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

37th Obsequious Banter Thread: RICO Statue

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2010, 02:37 PM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
The Pens board is on full meltdown mode over their team its quite entertaining. We've started the CEC curse.

We gotta take advantage of this no Jordan Staal thing Saturday too, also no Orpik or Michalik either so we reeeeaaaally gotta take that one.
That team will be in Kansas City by the trade deadline.

Old
10-14-2010, 02:43 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I had the most success getting interviews by calling directly and then sending my resume while I was on the phone with whoever was in charge of hiring. Never really considered which day of the week though.
I actually have an interview at 1PM tomorrow with Penn Cardiac Care down in Yardley for an IT position.

Old
10-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
what are people's opinions on submitting a resume for a job on a friday? I've heard never to submit them on Monday's (because its too hectic catching up from the weekend), and Friday's (because everyone wants to get home and your resume is likely to get stashed away and then forgotten about over the weekend...
When I was laid off in 2003, I sent out 10 resumes a day. I used Monster.com, philly.com, the Courier Post site, and a few others. It was easy sending them out on Monday because that's usually when the new jobs are posted, but I did it.

Old
10-14-2010, 11:04 PM
SolidSnakeUS

So yeah, she hasn't answered me if she wants to go out to dinner Friday night with me... she's either avoiding the question to think about it/too embarrassing or something else. Because if she didn't want to go out to dinner with me, she would of definitely said something.

Old
10-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
So yeah, she hasn't answered me if she wants to go out to dinner Friday night with me... she's either avoiding the question to think about it/too embarrassing or something else. Because if she didn't want to go out to dinner with me, she would of definitely said something.
well, if things don't turn out as you hope, you can always look on this bright side: you have never been prison ***** *

*recently, at least.

Old
10-15-2010, 01:49 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
well, if things don't turn out as you hope, you can always look on this bright side: you have never been prison ***** *

*recently, at least.
Ummm, what?

But still, I hope I hear from her in the morning or afternoon.

Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 10-15-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old
10-15-2010, 09:40 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Ummm, what?

But still, I hope I hear from her in the morning or afternoon.
Solid, despite the fact that others think I was a bit harsh with you in my previous post on the situation, I actually really feel for you man and only say what I say in a tough love kind of situation (and because it was honestly the only way you had a chance of getting this girl).

Let me be honest again with you right now:

She isn't answering you because she doesn't want to, she knows what you are doing and she is not interested, but she also cares about you enough (strictly platonically, though) to not want to hurt your feelings.

I have never been in your position, but I do know what it is like to get **** on by a girl... you are going to sit at home all night, likely by yourself, really upset about this girl dicking you over and it will be one of the longest, hardest nights of your life.

I have seen what pining over one girl does to a guy. I have also seen how happy they are once they finally realize it is not to be and discover a true, mutual relationship (or piece of ass).

Listen, my girlfriend is going to her parents today because she is going to the Phils game tommorrow (*****), so I was going to just stay absurdly long at the gym and then come home and see how many Blue Moons it takes for me to start losing in HUT (probably more than I have left in the fridge, though - 7), but if you want to we could meet up at a bar somewhere and I could be your wingman and try to give you some pointers in person on what you're doing wrong.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
...but if you want to we could meet up at a bar somewhere and I could be your wingman and try to give you some pointers in person on what you're doing wrong.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:56 AM
agrudez*

Meh, I knew the offer would invite those type of comments from the peanut gallery, but quite honestly I just feel for the guy. Anyone who hasn't read the past 10 pages and thought, "Wow, he sounds really pathetic." is lying to themselves.

At least I am putting myself out there and offering to help rather than just blindly being positive to his face, but quietly chuckling in the corner to myself.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Meh, I knew the offer would invite those type of comments from the peanut gallery, but quite honestly I just feel for the guy. Anyone who hasn't read the past 10 pages and thought, "Wow, he sounds really pathetic." is lying to themselves.

At least I am putting myself out there and offering to help rather than just blindly being positive to his face, but quietly chuckling in the corner to myself.
It is true, you are a voice of reason.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:15 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Easiest way to detect bandwagon fans? Ask about the team's long snapper.
Jon Dorenbos has the biggest calves I've ever seen.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Jon Dorenbos has the biggest calves I've ever seen.
I don't like a farmer that gives his cattle hormones.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:15 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
I don't like a farmer that gives his cattle hormones.

There are times I really wish this site had rep points.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:24 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post

There are times I really wish this site had rep points.
they do have the rep points over on the ahlboards, but that site has been dying for at least the last year and half.

Old
10-15-2010, 06:01 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Glad I am in Flyers region for TV...I am checkin out the Center Ice trial and all the damn games are no regular definition. I'd be so pissed to pay that much money to watch the games in low def.

Old
10-15-2010, 09:57 PM
SolidSnakeUS

So yeah, found out she's not into dating until she's done with college. But to be honest, I don't feel shot down and I don't think I was, nor was I really kept in the friends zone either. Actually, the time we together at the haunted house actually made me feel like we became closer haha. So honestly, this may sound stupid to some, but I can wait for her.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:04 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Quote:
So yeah, found out she's not into dating until she's done with college. But to be honest, I don't feel shot down and I don't think I was, nor was I really kept in the friends zone either. Actually, the time we together at the haunted house actually made me feel like we became closer haha. So honestly, this may sound stupid to some, but I can wait for her.

Rock on brother. Why **** a bunch of girls, when you can sit around, finger your *******, and wait to get **** on by a female?

TBH, Before you said your age, I really thought you were 15 tops.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post

Rock on brother. Why **** a bunch of girls, when you can sit around, finger your *******, and wait to get **** on by a female?

The longer I look at this the funnier it is.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:24 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post

Do I really sound that ****ing retarded or something?

Old
10-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
nah, you came across really naive about the girl thing in the beginning. which is good, really. it likely means no females have sucked your soul out, spat it into a jar, and subsequently peed in said jar.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:37 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
To him yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
nah, you came across really naive about the girl thing in the beginning. which is good, really. it likely means no females have sucked your soul out, spat it into a jar, and subsequently peed in said jar.
I agree with this.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
10-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Yes. I have never heard of a girl who seriously didn't want to date. Like from what you tell us I don't think she likes you. The whole dinner situation she didn't answer you. The main reason she probably doesn't like you is because it seems like you have no confidence in yourself at all.
Also your not really a challenge for her. Girls want what they can't have she can easily have you so she doesn't want you.

Sorry man it just doesn't look good.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:41 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Don't worry about man. More will come soon, trust me.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:50 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Yes. I have never heard of a girl who seriously didn't want to date. Like from what you tell us I don't think she likes you. The whole dinner situation she didn't answer you. The main reason she probably doesn't like you is because it seems like you have no confidence in yourself at all.
Also your not really a challenge for her. Girls want what they can't have she can easily have you so she doesn't want you.

Sorry man it just doesn't look good.
Actually I have a lot of confidence in myself, especially around her. Also, she is probably the single busiest person I know. So I can understand why she doesn't want to date right now, she pretty much just doesn't have the necessary time to really do so. And what makes you think she doesn't want me? It's for guys and girls to want something they don't have, so that generalization doesn't help your argument. And I have met a few women that didn't want to date, especially after getting out of a disastrous relationship. As kind of with her last ex, who was a complete *******, wanted complete control of her, and even persists on trying to date her, to even the point of recently trying to ask her at her church, one he doesn't go to, just to ask her to date him again. So yeah, she kind of went through a rough time with the last guy.

Old
10-15-2010, 11:06 PM
kicksave27

It's always darkest before the dawn.. seriously. Things have a way of working out, not always the way we plan it, but it does.

ie, I was deleting emails from about a year ago, and they were from a girl who was putting me on hold till she got finished with college, whom I was a tad bit old for actually, but we kinda clicked. Year rolls around, I'm engaged to someone else, who I didn't see coming and was totally perfect for me. Not saying it's all sunshine and rainbows, but it feels alot better putting effort into a relationship with someone who truly loves you. My over a decade of frustration on your level makes me appreciate it more.

Just an aside, enjoy single life, take trips, be spontaneous, learn new things. I learned how to swing dance, and eventually teach it, which is how I met my fiance.

Closed Thread