HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn's next contract

Old
10-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
3.5M a year for 17 years.
and hopefully followed by Gautier being fired

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
did i say anything inaccurate? minus the obvious JOKE

"collective IQ" lmao
The whole post was garbage, I think AK will have a much better year looking after his family than babysitting his little brother.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadyens View Post
2mil a year? Please next time you don't want a player re-signed, don't make a low ball guess, it brings nothing to the discussion.

Plus, Markov will not have a raise as he's already earning 5.75$ per year and he's getting older, players like Gorges never break the bank, and Hamrlik and Spacek's contract off the book will more than cover Subban and Price's raises.

If Kostitsyn can have a ~25g season, I'd sign him for 3.75/2years. A small raise but we're taking 1 year off his UFA period so I guess it's fair enough.
I think Markov will end up with a raise to 6-6.5 mil cap hit for 4-5 years if they can get him signed. He's a slam dunk top 10 NHL d-man and even with the injury concern that would be a good deal compared to the other contracts out there.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The whole post was garbage, I think AK will have a much better year looking after his family than babysitting his little brother.
Whether he has a better year or not does not factor in to what AK wants.

He wants money just like 99% of all athletes; and from all reports, he has a close relationship with his brother.

If the KHL comes in offering them both fat contracts, would you be surprised to see them sign there?

The Habs will have to increase his salary substantially for him to consider staying.

If he scores 30 goals this year, which is likely given that it's a contract year, expect his agent to ask for 5 Million.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:07 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:

He wants money just like 99% of all athletes; and from all reports, he has a close relationship with his brother.

If the KHL comes in offering them both fat contracts, would you be surprised to see them sign there?

The Habs will have to increase his salary substantially for him to consider staying.

If he scores 30 goals this year, which is likely given that it's a contract year, expect his agent to ask for 5 Million.
Gauthier would never go for it, right?

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

all depend how him,Pouliot and Eller perform this year. If he's easy to replace at the end of the year he will be gone but if he perform well (25-35 goals) they will sign him for the money he deserve.

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Most of the Russian NHLers can get more money in the KHL, but with the mafia basically running the country it's not such a great place to be.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Evil Ted

Hopefully he is moved before the end of the season and Montreal gets something useful in return.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:39 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Hopefully he is moved before the end of the season and Montreal gets something useful in return.
facepalm

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:43 PM
jamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Gauthier better not give him anything more then what he is making now,2.5 per year + bonuses if he hits them he could make 3.75 or something around that.With a guy like that for him to make more money maybe a challenge is needed
Potential bonuses count against the cap (until they can't be reached)... The Habs have money but no cap space.. I'd rather he gets a fixed 3M$ than 2.5M$ with a 3.75M$ cap hit...

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Potential bonuses count against the cap (until they can't be reached)... The Habs have money but no cap space.. I'd rather he gets a fixed 3M$ than 2.5M$ with a 3.75M$ cap hit...
He CANNOT be given a contract with bonuses until he is 35.

Old
10-15-2010, 01:44 PM
NewHabsEra*

A.Kost could be used as an asset to get a solid young defenseman.. I think its risky to sign him more than 2 years due to consistency issue so maybe the most logical choice would be to trade him for proper ruturn but its still soon to talk about it, lets see how he does this year..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Most of the Russian NHLers can get more money in the KHL, but with the mafia basically running the country it's not such a great place to be.
Kostitsyn would be running the country?!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 02:13 PM
McNuts

This guy is pure gold

McNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 02:00 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
2 mil/year...I know you know that he would never sign at that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadyens View Post
2mil a year? Please next time you don't want a player re-signed, don't make a low ball guess, it brings nothing to the discussion.
Plus, Markov will not have a raise as he's already earning 5.75$ per year and he's getting older, players like Gorges never break the bank, and Hamrlik and Spacek's contract off the book will more than cover Subban and Price's raises.
If Kostitsyn can have a ~25g season, I'd sign him for 3.75/2years. A small raise but we're taking 1 year off his UFA period so I guess it's fair enough.
You're right about Hamrlik/Spacek's contract making space, and/but...
There has got to be a better way of using $3,75 mil per year for our top 6 (ufa, trade,etc...).
And, A.Kosts will ask for $4 to 5 mil after this season,imo (if he continues to do well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
A.Kost could be used as an asset to get a solid young defenseman..
I think its risky to sign him more than 2 years due to consistency issue so maybe the most logical choice would be to trade him for proper ruturn but its still soon to talk about it, lets see how he does this year..
Totally agree with you. I'm hoping we can pull another Rivet for Gorges+1st Round Pick (Pacioretty) trade by March or before...
The good part is...A.Kosts is RFA next year (if I'm not mistaken), so other teams should be interested in him (Nashville?!).

I'm hoping our Habs can improve our top 6 via trade this season and/or UFA 2011 market...

Priority for Habs budget,imo:
Markov
Gorges
UFA money for 2011 (top 6 winger? and/or top 4 dman).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 10-16-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 03:03 AM
bsl

Quote:
I predict him and his sister will jump to the KHL next year; likely play on the same team... they will make baby and live happy life
Just use my standard answer everyone: Thanks for your witty and wise contribution to the discussion.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote