HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Binghamton Senators Continued

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2010, 08:09 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Lehner is mature beyond his years and will hopefully have a spectacular season in the A.

After all, he is our number 1 prospect.

Old
10-13-2010, 09:26 PM
playasRus

vCash: 500
I thought Cowen was our number 1 prospect?

Old
10-14-2010, 11:42 AM
boourns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
NHL Network to air 10 AHL games
October 13, 2010

NEW YORK/SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The NHL Network U.S. will put the developing talents of many of the game’s top young players on display this season when it broadcasts 10 American Hockey League games in partnership with the AHL.

Beginning on Oct. 17, when the Toronto Marlies play host to the Binghamton Senators, the NHL Network will broadcast of 10 Sunday afternoon games. The games will also air live on CBC in Canada.

AHL on CBC and NHL Network (US)
2010-11 Broadcast Schedule
Schedule subject to change...
All games also available live and on-demand on CBCSports.ca
Sunday, Oct. 17 – Binghamton at Toronto, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Oct. 24 – Oklahoma City at Hamilton, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Nov. 21 – Hamilton at Toronto, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Dec. 12 – Toronto at Hamilton, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Jan. 16 – Toronto at Abbotsford, 2:00 ET
Sunday, Jan. 23 – Abbotsford at Manitoba, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Feb. 27 – Manitoba at Toronto, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Mar. 6 – Hamilton at Toronto, 1:00 ET (delay on NHLN)
Sunday, Mar. 27 – Abbotsford at Manitoba, 1:00 ET
Sunday, Apr. 3 – Manitoba at Toronto, 1:00 ET (delay on NHLN)

NHL network is having a free preview this month on TWC so if you have their box you can watch the B-Sens @ Marlies this Sunday afternoon.....
Quick question: Do you (or anyone) know if the free preview applies in NYC? I googled and it looks like the coverage is Albany, Rochester, Buffalo and Central NY.

Would love to watch the Sens-Canes game tonight at home if possible.

Thanks,

Matt

Old
10-14-2010, 11:52 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Ok, healthy debate time. I think Gryba is 5th-7th on the depth chart. I would say Schira and Kinrade fitting the bill for the other two spots. Right now, winning games is a motivation. Do you go with the rookie or the players that have experience? It's a very interesting dilemma.

You say the same for Cowick and Dziurzynski. Should they get playing time over Spencer, Lessard. How about Locke or Keller?

If Hale gets called up that obviously frees up a spot for Gryba, right now I see having Hale in Binghamton as the deterrent from playing Gryba. Is he a better player than some of those guys out there, sure, he might be. The response here would be well you won't know until you play him. I'm sure that in practice there are definite flaws in his game. I think the problem becomes if you bench Schira or Kinrade the PP suffers. You really can't run a PP with a team full of defensive defensemen. Which we seem to have. I consider Benoit, Hale, Smith, Gryba defensive d-men, and Wiercioch, Schira, and Kinrade offensive d-men. So if you look at it from that angle, then Gryba sits.

I would expect that if Spencer sits out a game and say Cowick hops in, that Gryba would be in for extra toughness at D.

What do you think?
Yeah Sens83, this is how we were looking at it too. Hale is playing if he's in Bingo, no question. So that's one. D.Smith is one of the AHL's top offensive D-men, so he's in. Wiercioch is in because of his skill set, pedigree and camp. Benoit is an AHL champion and one of the better puck movers, so he's in.

Now it comes down to Schira and Kinrade. Gryba will have to fight for his job with these two - or wait until injury, but if it was me, I'd alternate these three guys, just so they can all get some action.

You?

Old
10-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Lenny the Lynx

I'm kind of new to this minor league stuff - If they wanted to send Gryba to Elmira would there be any waiver or other problems? I'm sure the sens wouldn't lose his rights but how does it work moving players up and down from the AHL to ECHL?

If its easy, I don't see why they wouldn't just send him down until they need him

Old
10-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Ok, healthy debate time. I think Gryba is 5th-7th on the depth chart. I would say Schira and Kinrade fitting the bill for the other two spots. Right now, winning games is a motivation. Do you go with the rookie or the players that have experience? It's a very interesting dilemma.

You say the same for Cowick and Dziurzynski. Should they get playing time over Spencer, Lessard. How about Locke or Keller?

If Hale gets called up that obviously frees up a spot for Gryba, right now I see having Hale in Binghamton as the deterrent from playing Gryba. Is he a better player than some of those guys out there, sure, he might be. The response here would be well you won't know until you play him. I'm sure that in practice there are definite flaws in his game. I think the problem becomes if you bench Schira or Kinrade the PP suffers. You really can't run a PP with a team full of defensive defensemen. Which we seem to have. I consider Benoit, Hale, Smith, Gryba defensive d-men, and Wiercioch, Schira, and Kinrade offensive d-men. So if you look at it from that angle, then Gryba sits.

I would expect that if Spencer sits out a game and say Cowick hops in, that Gryba would be in for extra toughness at D.

What do you think?
I won't pretend to be an expert on binghamton, but from what i've seen, i'd go with Lessard over both Cowick and Dziurzynski, but I would at least alternate Cowick & Dzi... with Spencer as Spencer + Lessard may be a bit of overkill for many games.

For defense, I would find a way to fit Gryba into the lineup no question. I assume Smith and Wiercioch are on the 1st PP unit. Keep one of Schira and Kinrade for the second unit and pair him with Benoit. Benoit is certainly adequate for a second unit PP. He has shown a good knack for scoring goals throughout his career, I dont see why that would stop.

Then, if that's not enough, Hoffman has also shown some ability at playing the point.

I just don't think the need for second unit PP defensemen is great enough to slow the development of a legitimate NHL prospect in Gryba, especially when we have other viable option for the PP.

Old
10-14-2010, 01:19 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Quick question: Do you (or anyone) know if the free preview applies in NYC? I googled and it looks like the coverage is Albany, Rochester, Buffalo and Central NY.

Would love to watch the Sens-Canes game tonight at home if possible.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Sorry I have no idea about NYC in Binghamton NHL is on #'s
1120-1135 on TWC cable box.

Why don't you give TWC a call in NYC they will know....................

Free NHL preview this month in Bingo................

Zeke

Old
10-14-2010, 01:48 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Yeah Sens83, this is how we were looking at it too. Hale is playing if he's in Bingo, no question. So that's one. D.Smith is one of the AHL's top offensive D-men, so he's in. Wiercioch is in because of his skill set, pedigree and camp. Benoit is an AHL champion and one of the better puck movers, so he's in.

Now it comes down to Schira and Kinrade. Gryba will have to fight for his job with these two - or wait until injury, but if it was me, I'd alternate these three guys, just so they can all get some action.

You?
I don't disagree with rotating the three, I think we agree on this situation.

Old
10-14-2010, 01:49 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
I won't pretend to be an expert on binghamton, but from what i've seen, i'd go with Lessard over both Cowick and Dziurzynski, but I would at least alternate Cowick & Dzi... with Spencer as Spencer + Lessard may be a bit of overkill for many games.

For defense, I would find a way to fit Gryba into the lineup no question. I assume Smith and Wiercioch are on the 1st PP unit. Keep one of Schira and Kinrade for the second unit and pair him with Benoit. Benoit is certainly adequate for a second unit PP. He has shown a good knack for scoring goals throughout his career, I dont see why that would stop.

Then, if that's not enough, Hoffman has also shown some ability at playing the point.

I just don't think the need for second unit PP defensemen is great enough to slow the development of a legitimate NHL prospect in Gryba, especially when we have other viable option for the PP.
There are some games we might need this. The first game of the season it only took 5 mins before a simultaneous dual fight broke out with these two.

Last year O'Brien played point on the PP and did well at it if you ask me.

Old
10-14-2010, 01:57 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
I don't disagree with rotating the three, I think we agree on this situation.
How have Schira and/or Kinrade looked so far? If one of them slips, then I expect Gryba to be put in personally, but, I'm not really sure how the D is looking.

Old
10-14-2010, 04:34 PM
2minutes4slashing

Quote:

Last year O'Brien played point on the PP and did well at it if you ask me.
Uhh what games were you watching last year??? OBrien was horrible no matter where Nachbaur stuck him ...

Old
10-14-2010, 07:21 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2minutes4slashing View Post
Uhh what games were you watching last year??? OBrien was horrible no matter where Nachbaur stuck him ...
I think he played BETTER when during that stretch around Jan/Feb last year when they moved him to point on the PP. Don't get me wrong, I still thought he was garbage last year.

Old
10-14-2010, 07:22 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
How have Schira and/or Kinrade looked so far? If one of them slips, then I expect Gryba to be put in personally, but, I'm not really sure how the D is looking.
To be honest, I really haven't focused my attention on them. I've been more or less trying to gage the new guys that I haven't seen play. I'll be sure to take a gander tomorrow, but I can't say they jumped out and did anything spectacular.

Old
10-15-2010, 09:53 AM
kyle747

Just heard on the team that Lehner participated in the game-day skate and is expected to start tonight.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:06 AM
boourns

Quote:
Matt Sorry I have no idea about NYC in Binghamton NHL is on #'s
1120-1135 on TWC cable box.

Why don't you give TWC a call in NYC they will know....................

Free NHL preview this month in Bingo................

Zeke
Thanks man. Got it figured out in the end so I was able to watch.

Old
10-15-2010, 10:12 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Tonight's lines:
Butler-Locke-Keller,
Daugavins-O'Brien-Condra,
Wick-Hoffman-Bailey,
Spencer-Greening-Lessard

On defense,
Gryba gets his first game of the regular season. Joins Benoit, Hale, Smith, Kinrade and Wiercioch in lineup.

Via PSBJoyLindsay

Old
10-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Karlssonlee

How's Wierchioch been doing over there?

Old
10-15-2010, 12:07 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Tonight's lines:
Butler-Locke-Keller,
Daugavins-O'Brien-Condra,
Wick-Hoffman-Bailey,
Spencer-Greening-Lessard

On defense,
Gryba gets his first game of the regular season. Joins Benoit, Hale, Smith, Kinrade and Wiercioch in lineup.

Via PSBJoyLindsay
Nice. I think we figured they'd rotate Gryba, Schira and Kinrade, so it's Gryba's chance to shine. I hope he does.

Old
10-15-2010, 12:34 PM
sens83

I'm glad to see that they still have Bailey floating around. I liked his game last year.

Old
10-15-2010, 02:15 PM
2minutes4slashing

Bailey had more heart last year then 3/4 of the team

Old
10-15-2010, 04:20 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Lehner's playing...This should be a walk in the park for the Sens.

Old
10-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I don't think so..I say 4-2 Bears..

Old
10-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
You do realize that Hershey is the best team in the AHL? I'd be happy if Bingo managed to keep it close...

Old
10-15-2010, 04:35 PM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Saw the Replay View Post
You do realize that Hershey is the best team in the AHL? I'd be happy if Bingo managed to keep it close...
Hat trick for Butler

Old
10-15-2010, 04:39 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Lol i am just pumped to see Lehner play. I don't expect a win but will be really happy to see one.

Closed Thread