HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#4: Lightning @ Flyers - Thursday, Oct. 14, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
10-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
People take NWO seriously still?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 03:51 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I just stopped caring a while ago.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 04:31 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyskippy View Post
I think we're done here.
I'd say that's about the long and short of it. Can't argue against pure conjecture and bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Did someone really just say that?

I remember I had an argument like that in kindergarden about what type of paste was best to eat. I swore that is was Elmer's, but they argued that it was some no name brand that our teacher didn't even keep in the classroom.

The argument ended when he said that he had actually never tasted that paste and has no plans on ever tasting that paste, but he just KNEW that it would taste better than Elmer's does.

I actually still see a therapist as I attempt to recover from this incident, it has quite literally scarred me for life so bad that no paste could ever seal the wound.
Hahahahahahaha. Fantastic.

Quote:
Not really, I've always kind of regarded him as the manifestation of our forum's collective Id: full of random, unorganized babble that has little (if any) reason applied. I just figured it would be fun to actually challenge him for once...and it was. For a little while.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 05:07 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
How much is a season tix deal for like 11 games? Is it worth it? I'm kind of thinking about going in, the main issue is that I'd need weekend games seeing as I'm north of the city, so it takes me a solid hour at least to get in of and out of the stadium complex during rush hour.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Flyskippy

Quote:
I am apparently still too new to have known not to do so.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
How much is a season tix deal for like 11 games? Is it worth it? I'm kind of thinking about going in, the main issue is that I'd need weekend games seeing as I'm north of the city, so it takes me a solid hour at least to get in of and out of the stadium complex during rush hour.
Not sure what it's at price wise now, but I used to have one (through college and a couple years after), and it's a good time. Playoff ticket package is great if you have the cash for it.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
reading NWO's arguments was like listening to Kim Jong-il.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 07:23 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Except NWO's English is less intelligible? HEYOOOO!

Old
10-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
i sense that the sun is a balloon. don't try to use your logic on me, i can just sense it damnitall! i KNOW!

Old
10-15-2010, 07:28 PM
infidelappel*

Quote:
i sense that the sun is a balloon. don't try to use your logic on me, i can just sense it damnitall! i KNOW!
your a sheep of the gary bettmans you don't think people are dissatisfied with the product of the sun? your right you know nothing.

Old
10-15-2010, 07:34 PM
jb**

Quote:
I'd say that's about the long and short of it. Can't argue against pure conjecture and bias.

Hahahahahahaha. Fantastic.

Not really, I've always kind of regarded him as the manifestation of our forum's collective Id: full of random, unorganized babble that has little (if any) reason applied. I just figured it would be fun to actually challenge him for once...and it was. For a little while.
1. what is pure conjecture and bias? The fact that you don't believe people have not renewed their tickets because of the product on the ice and how the nhl is now played is comical.

2. What exactly did you challenge me on? I must have missed that i guess.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
1. what is pure conjecture and bias? The fact that you don't believe people have not renewed their tickets because of the product on the ice and how the nhl is now played is comical.

2. What exactly did you challenge me on? I must have missed that i guess.
who the **** would be dissatisfied with the product on the ice!?? they had just pulled off a miracle stanley cup run. nobody goes "**** they didnt win the finals, i'll never go to another game"

this isn't carolina we are talking about. its a damned good team.

edit: its been years since the lockout dude. people aren't JUST realizing the game has changed. If anybody was going to cancel their tickets because of the nu-nhl, they would have done it long ago. not after a stanley cup final.

Old
10-15-2010, 07:46 PM
jb**

Quote:
who the **** would be dissatisfied with the product on the ice!?? they had just pulled off a miracle stanley cup run. nobody goes "**** they didnt win the finals, i'll never go to another game"

this isn't carolina we are talking about. its a damned good team.

edit: its been years since the lockout dude. people aren't JUST realizing the game has changed. If anybody was going to cancel their tickets because of the nu-nhl, they would have done it long ago. not after a stanley cup final.
Who would be disatisifed? Wow. The fact that you even ask that question is just funny. The product on the ice doesnt refer to the flyers exlcusively. Look at the overall game. Thought that was made clear many post ago.

Yes it has been years and the product has gotten worse each year. The way the gameis called and played is diff now than even 2 years ago. People have been cancellign their season or package tickets for the last few years. Then again according to you it is simply because of the economy.

Old
10-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Who would be disatisifed? Wow. The fact that you even ask that question is just funny. The product on the ice doesnt refer to the flyers exlcusively. Look at the overall game. Thought that was made clear many post ago.

Yes it has been years and the product has gotten worse each year. The way the gameis called and played is diff now than even 2 years ago. People have been cancellign their season or package tickets for the last few years. Then again according to you it is simply because of the economy.
i know a couple people who had season tickets. one no longer makes enough commission to afford tickets. the other lost his job. neither one would EVER consider cancelling their tickets because the game changes.

sports evolve. thats just what happens. it happens to every sport. deal with it.

edit: know what's actually funny? our economy is in the middle of a massive recession with 1/10 people unemployed, and you think that has less to do with what people spend their money on than current refereeing. what percentage of people cancelled their tickets? how much higher is that than normal? is it perhaps, 10% above the usual number? that would be called a "correlation."

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 10-15-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old
10-15-2010, 08:14 PM
MsWoof

Quote:

Would it kill you to proofread?

As for cancellations, yes, it's the economy. As much as you hate everything to do with the Flyers and the game itself, the team is playing quite well and just came off an amazing run to the final. People just don't have the money to spend on luxuries when the economy is bad. The STH are there but last night's game and the upcoming games are probably not going to have as many people going because of the Phillies. It happens everywhere when one team is in the playoffs and everyone is focusing on them more than they are on other teams.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 08:23 PM
jb**

Quote:
i know a couple people who had season tickets. one no longer makes enough commission to afford tickets. the other lost his job. neither one would EVER consider cancelling their tickets because the game changes.

sports evolve. thats just what happens. it happens to every sport. deal with it.

edit: know what's actually funny? our economy is in the middle of a massive recession with 1/10 people unemployed, and you think that has less to do with what people spend their money on than current refereeing. what percentage of people cancelled their tickets? how much higher is that than normal? is it perhaps, 10% above the usual number? that would be called a "correlation."
what you and everyone else seems to be missing is that it isnt strictly the economy. You all seem to refuse to acknowledge that there are other reason why people are not renewing.

Old
10-15-2010, 08:24 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Would it kill you to proofread?

As for cancellations, yes, it's the economy. As much as you hate everything to do with the Flyers and the game itself, the team is playing quite well and just came off an amazing run to the final. People just don't have the money to spend on luxuries when the economy is bad. The STH are there but last night's game and the upcoming games are probably not going to have as many people going because of the Phillies. It happens everywhere when one team is in the playoffs and everyone is focusing on them more than they are on other teams.
well considering my family and I have had season tickets for 26 years would indicate your incorrect.

Old
10-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
what you and everyone else seems to be missing is that it isnt strictly the economy. You all seem to refuse to acknowledge that there are other reason why people are not renewing.
maybe like 3 percent. the reason people buy season tickets in the first place, is because they love the team and game enough to spend that kind of money.

Old
10-15-2010, 08:36 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Quote:

And I wouldnt be surprised if this was NWO's actual situation.

Old
10-15-2010, 08:45 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
well considering my family and I have had season tickets for 26 years would indicate your incorrect.
You should just follow in with the rest of the people who are giving up their tickets because they do not enjoy the "product" the NHL puts out on the ice. It might do you and us on here some good.

Old
10-16-2010, 02:38 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post

And I wouldnt be surprised if this was NWO's actual situation.
One of the best songs of all time from one of the greatest movies of all time. Thanks. I needed that.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 02:46 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
That point has been acknowledged. That's been the point of this whole thing.

"People being dissatisfied with the game" may be a reason like one person in twenty fed up and cancels their season tickets, but as I have already mentioned:

1) I am positive that this group is such a small minority that it is infinitesimal and 2) however many people cancel their season tickets from one year to another for this reason are probably easily replaced.

I guarantee you that the economy is - overwhelmingly - the biggest reason.

You have an agenda here, and it's purely your opinion. I'm checking out of this discussion now, until you get a clue.

Old
10-16-2010, 07:38 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
You should just follow in with the rest of the people who are giving up their tickets because they do not enjoy the "product" the NHL puts out on the ice. It might do you and us on here some good.
nah, i just sell them off and wait for the playoffs. Why would it do me and those on these boards any good by me giving up my tickets?

Old
10-16-2010, 01:48 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
nah, i just sell them off and wait for the playoffs. Why would it do me and those on these boards any good by me giving up my tickets?
So TRUE fans can actually buy them

Old
10-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
There is a lot of retardation in this thread (albeit mostly from one individual) so here are the facts:

Quote:
Andrew Zimbalist, a sports-economics professor at Smith College in Northampton, Mass., said the net increment to profit in the year of the playoff run was "modest." The real money comes down the road, from revenue generated because of a championship team's notoriety.

"Because the demand for the team's products - tickets, concessions, signage, parking, sponsorships, televisions rights, all those things - is higher, you get to sell more product," Zimbalist said. "And you usually get to charge higher prices, so revenues will go up."

Luukko, the Flyers' president, agrees.

"Right now, season-ticket renewals are at a pace 15 percent ahead of last year," he said. "So we'll end up with a renewal rate in the mid- to high-90 percent, which is phenomenal."
The Flyers have sold a metric ****-ton of season tickets. A huge number considering the economy.

If there are large numbers of empty seats at a Flyers game, it is SOLELY due to STH not showing up for whatever reason. Once again, the Flyers have insane corporate support. And corporations, unfortunately, are pretty notorious for not using their season tickets on a regular basis, especially during weekday games.

To suggest that fans are tired of the NHL or Philly in general is, quite simply, retarded. The NHL has had great attendance and increasing TV ratings despite the economy.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote