HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

American hoping to attend a game in Moscow or St Petersburg this month

Old
10-01-2010, 04:01 PM
shannonsharksfan

vCash: 500
American hoping to attend a game in Moscow or St Petersburg this month

Hi there!

I will be visiting Moscow and St Petersburg later this month and would love to catch a KHL game in person. I will be in Moscow on the 21st and 22nd - and it looks like there's a Spartak-CSKA game on the 22nd. Is it possible to buy tickets, or is it already sold out? If tickets are available, how can I buy them - do I need to try to do this before I arrive on the 21st?

I'll be in St Petersburg October 23-26 but I think there are no SKA games at home during that time (which is extra disappointing because I'd love to see Nabokov play again - I'm a San Jose Sharks fan!)

Any guidance is greatly welcomed.

Thank you!
Shannon

shannonsharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 05:21 PM
ult

Well, you're unlucky with your timing.
Tickets for Spartak - CSKA should be available online a couple of weeks before the game.
http://hcspartak.arena-market.ru/actionList.do
Google maps

Also there is Atlant - Salavat Yulaev game in Mytishchi, 19 kilometers away from Moscow's center.
http://atlant-mo.ru/calendar/game/418055/
How to get there:
Google maps
http://arena-mo.ru/media/ArenaMytischi_MapForCar.pdf
As for booking tickets you can try emailing them at kassa@arena-mo.ru

And there is a high chance that both games will be sold out.

Last edited by ult: 10-01-2010 at 05:28 PM.
ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 05:28 PM
shannonsharksfan

thank you so much for the links! I am trying to use translate.google.com to decipher the ordering process, just in case tickets open up.

If I do get lucky and am able to buy tickets online, what do I do with them? Do I have to exchange some voucher from online to get tickets in person, or do I just bring the voucher printed with me to the game?

Thanks!

Old
10-01-2010, 05:38 PM
ult

Ordering process there is almost the same as at tickets.khl.ru so may be this FAQ will help. In fact they have the same support email, so I guess it's the same online store.
Quote:
Do I have to exchange some voucher from online to get tickets in person, or do I just bring the voucher printed with me to the game?
The latter.

Last edited by ult: 10-01-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old
10-01-2010, 05:50 PM
shannonsharksfan

fantastic - thank you! I just registered and went through the first few steps to buy tickets to a game that is currently open so I at least have figured out those screens a little!

If I do get tickets, is there anything I should know about attending a game in Russia? I hope my hotel can help me figure out how to actually get out to the stadium (we won't have a car). Should we eat beforehand or does the stadium have good food to buy?

This seems like it would be so much fun and I hope I can score some tickets!

Thank you!

Old
10-01-2010, 06:03 PM
ult

You're welcome.

Well, you should know that Spartak - CSKA is a derby with a long history, and fans of both hate each other. So expect to see a lot of football fans shouting chants.
Quote:
Should we eat beforehand or does the stadium have good food to buy?
Arena is pretty old. In Mytishchi, for example, you won't have any problems with that, but in Sokolniki I'm not so sure.

Old
10-11-2010, 04:06 PM
shannonsharksfan

thank you tremendously for your help - I was able to purchase two tickets online today for the game on the 22nd! The order process wouldn't allow me to purchase the tickets entirely electronically - I had to pick a ticket agency where I will go to pick up the tickets in person.

I am so excited about this! Looks like we can take the red Metro line out to the arena, so that will be good. Are there any colors we should avoid wearing or anything else so we don't anger the local fans?

Thanks!!

Old
10-14-2010, 01:46 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

My sister is in Moscow for a few months and had some general questions as well. I figured I'd keep them in this thread since it seems the OP got a resolution.

She wants to know, in general:

What games would be particularly interesting? What arenas to go to? How to actually purchase tickets (answered above, thanks) On average, do most games sell out?

Thanks for any help, everyone!

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 04:22 PM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonsharksfan View Post
Are there any colors we should avoid wearing or anything else so we don't anger the local fans?
Nope, anything will be fine. Good luck and have fun.
Oh, btw, here is highlights from today's CSKA-Spartak game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
My sister is in Moscow for a few months and had some general questions as well. I figured I'd keep them in this thread since it seems the OP got a resolution.

She wants to know, in general:

What games would be particularly interesting? What arenas to go to? How to actually purchase tickets (answered above, thanks) On average, do most games sell out?

Thanks for any help, everyone!
I'd say all Dynamo's games will be interesting. They're playing great this season. If anything I'd recommend to visit Dynamo - SKA (10-31-2010), Dynamo - Salavat Yulaev (11-03-2010), Dynamo - Metellurg Mg (11-07-2010). These all are the top teams and games will be tense. The best arena in Moscow is Megasport Arena (14 500), and the only upcoming game there this month is Dynamo-SKA. And btw Dynamo have their own ticket store. http://hcdynamo.arena-market.ru/actionList.do
And this is Moscow we're talking about, you'd rarely see a sold out arena there.

Last edited by ult: 10-15-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old
10-16-2010, 12:22 AM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Copy and pasted your post to my sister's email. I appreciate the info. My grandpa is half Russian and pretty fluent so we were raised to have great respect for the culture and history (obviously my sister loves it, she's at the Pushkin Institute studying). We even say a Russian prayer before holiday dinners

She's a huge hockey fan like me, so she'll very much appreciate any help while she's over there.

Thanks for the quick response

Oh, and any more information - hockey-related or otherwise - will be very much appreciated. I'm nervous for my "baby" sister over there so any suggestions to make her stay more enjoyable would be great (she's having a great time as it is).

Nothing but love for Russia!

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:44 AM
VladNYC

That CSKA vs Spartak game was a good one.

VladNYC is online now   Reply With Quote