HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik out 2-4 weeks | Drury out 6 weeks | Prospal out 6-8 weeks

Old
10-16-2010, 10:15 AM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

vCash: 500
Gilroy to forward

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:28 AM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah, there's a pretty big range of possible shoulder problems.

Chiming in with our own anecdotes means absolutely nothing when it comes to Gaborik's injury, but hey I'll chip in one if it makes people feel better.

I was playing frisbee on a frozen field, slipped while running and landed on my left shoulder outstretched, felt a bunch of pain, sat up and felt it pop back into place (didn't feel it come out). Hurt like a ***** for a day or two. In two weeks it was pretty much back to normal and 3-4 it was probably fine.

Pretty sure whatever happened to Gaborik wasn't nearly that bad.

On the other hand, the shoulder isn't quite the same as it used to be. It's as strong and all but it can feel a little off in certain positions. On the other, other hand, I didn't go to a doctor so who knows!

At any rate, a diagnoses of 2-3 weeks may not be off base dependinig on what really happened, and we certainly don't know for sure what happened yet.

Also, this is probably the best time for Gaborik to be out if it had to happen. This early in the season, plenty of guys are still scoring (Dubinsky, Boyle, etc). Goals are easier to come by early in the season, so this is as good a time as any to rely on the secondary scorers
A separation isn't really the same as a dislocation. Although the terms are sometimes used interchangeably, a separation is actually a sprain of the ligaments around the AC joint, not the joint popping out. Happened to me once from a skiing fall. I landed on my shoulder and the force pulled my arm/shoulder down. I thought I broke my collar bone again, but structurally my shoulder was still intact. Unfortunately I sprained the **** out of all the all the ligaments up there. It can heal up quickly, Just as a wrist or ankle sprain can, or it can take a long time – sometimes even requiring surgery.

Quote:
A shoulder separation is not truly an injury to the shoulder joint. The injury actually involves the acromioclavicular joint (also called the AC joint). The AC joint is where the collarbone (clavicle) meets the highest point of the shoulder blade (acromion).
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00033

Either way, welcome to the club guys.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Vitto79

Avery NOT sspended or fined......good good..........Dreger twitter......snyrangersblog

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Not surprised, not worried. You had to believe that when Gabo was signed to a 5-year deal this was going to happen eventually. In fact, it's a minor injury and considering the length of time he's out..it's really not that big of a deal.

The fact that it comes at the helm of a re-injured Drury after 2 periods of play and expected news of Prospal's possibly demise as a Ranger is the killer. Also that we've been playing horrendous and our defense is ****.

Aside from a rookie's lucky 3-goal first nhl game, we've done nothing spectacular this season except score more goals. But, at the expense of giving up more goals.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:42 AM
The Perfect Paradox

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I already hate the whole team. That was quick.
My thoughts exactly. Can't say I'm surprised at all though.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 10:46 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Aside from a rookie's lucky 3-goal first nhl game, we've done nothing spectacular this season except score more goals. But, at the expense of giving up more goals.
I wouldn't say Stepan was lucky with those 3 goals...

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:04 AM
AJRanger

stevezipay Steve Zipay
No callups on ice with NYR--yet

NYDNRangers Jesse Spector
Only happens if they need to free cap space, which is likely. RT @nyrs_rangers: @NYDNRangers Will Prospal and Drury go on long term IR?

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:20 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I knew sooner or later the injury bug would hit this team...Theyve been extremely fortunate the past, what, 10 years?

Now dont flame me or anything, im just being honest - but IMO, and this could just be me and thats fine, but its how i feel - Gaborik is one of the biggest p ussies in the NHL. He is a GREAT player, dont get me wrong. But hes weak, and it seems like every game hes grimacing and uncomfortable, even with the tiniest hits. Im not saying he is healthy or faking an injury (theres no reason to do that), but that wasnt a huge hit, it was a push from behind. Granted - it may have caught him in the right spot - but i can guarnatee you if he had half the injuries Cally or even Rozy has sustained in the past he would be out constantly.

Tell me this - how do you separate your shoulder and then stay on the ice for an entire PP and then go back to the bench and grimace in pain like your were shot? I had a grade one separation of my shoulder in college and finished out a game, the adrenaline alone will get you through, its the next day and week when its sore. I dont want to compare what i went through in college to the NHL, but i couldnt help it when I saw a play that was less serious then what happened to me. I know im probably the minority, but i know some people agree with me. Its not completely about this injury either, its about every little thing we seem him go through. Again - fantastic player, but please Gaborik - grow a pair.

Forget this team going deep in the playoffs with Gaborik leading it - He wont be there to. Not in a war of attrition. Hell be the first to go down. We knew this when we signed him - so im not surprised.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 10-16-2010 at 11:32 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:21 AM
bscharf

gaborik has been non existent so far any way and weve been playing good hockey offensively.

I assume our second line now becomes our first. and 3rd to second and then throwing fro on the third

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:22 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Brunnström clears waivers assigned to cowland

this

http://twitter.com/andrewsdsp/status/27553897788#

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:32 AM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscharf View Post
gaborik has been non existent so far any way and weve been playing good hockey offensively.

I assume our second line now becomes our first. and 3rd to second and then throwing fro on the third
See this is the problem. Gaborik gets matched up against the other team's best defensemen and top line, night in and night out, regardless of whether he is producing. They can now play their top guys against what has been our best line, our second line. Even if Gaborik is not producing, the impact of his loss will be felt.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:34 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I knew sooner or later the injury bug would hit this team...Theyve been extremely fortunate the past, what, 10 years?

Now dont flame me or anything, im just being honest - but IMO, and this could just be me and thats fine, but its how i feel - Gaborik is one of the biggest p ussies in the NHL. He is a GREAT player, dont get me wrong. But hes weak, and it seems like every game hes grimacing and uncomfortable, even with the tiniest hits. Im not saying he is healthy or faking an injury (theres no reason to do that), but that wasnt a huge hit, it was a push from behind. Granted - it may have caught him in the right spot - but i can guarnatee you if he had half the injuries Cally or even Rozy has sustained in the past he would be out constantly.

Tell me this - how do you separate your shoulder and then stay on the ice for an entire PP and then go back to the bench and grimace in pain like your were shot? I had a grade one separation of my shoulder in college and finished out a game, the adrenaline alone will get you through, its the next day and week when its sore. I dont want to compare what i went through in college to the NHL, but i couldnt help it when I saw a play that was less serious then what happened to me. I know im probably the minority, but i know some people agree with me. Its not completely about this injury either, its about every little thing we seem him go through. Again - fantastic player, but please Gaborik - grow a pair.

Forget this team going deep in the playoffs with Gaborik leading it - He wont be there to. Not in a war of attrition. Hell be the first to go down.
Interesting thoughts.... but Gaborik is a superstar when healthy.. I guess the team would have to deal with this type of issue.... I seem to remember Jagr always hamming it with injuries, bumps/bruises and etc... Even Lemieux was kind of like this also... no?

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

sending down kennedy looks plain stupid now

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:43 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
He is a GREAT player, dont get me wrong. But hes weak, and it seems like every game hes grimacing and uncomfortable, even with the tiniest hits.
It's bad, but every time he gets touched... I cringe. I am always expecting him to come up with the grimace, try to play, then skate off to the locker room.

It's unfortunate, but for whatever reason some guys are just injury prone, I guess.

Bleh. Not a great way to start the season.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:52 AM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer 21 View Post
shouldn't there have been more outrage over this?

****ing armstrong
Yeah, they're absolutely should have been. For some reason its okay though. Let me know if anyone finds out why.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

The title of this thread is misleading...

It should be:

RANGERS R SCREWED

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:29 PM
hockeygoon15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotsyJr View Post
It's bad, but every time he gets touched... I cringe. I am always expecting him to come up with the grimace, try to play, then skate off to the locker room.

It's unfortunate, but for whatever reason some guys are just injury prone, I guess.

Bleh. Not a great way to start the season.
Not saying they're in the same class, but I have the same reaction every time Martinek is on the ice. You're almost surprised these guys made it to this level with how often they get hurt. Really annoying.

hockeygoon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:31 PM
BBKers

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Valabik cleared too.

Old
10-16-2010, 12:43 PM
BBKers

FORWARDS
Alexander Frolov ($3.000m) / Todd White ($2.375m) / MZA ($1.750m)
Brandon Dubinsky ($1.850m) / Artem Anisimov ($0.821m)/ Ryan Callahan ($2.300m)
Sean Avery ($1.937m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.000m)
Derek Boogaard ($1.625m) / Brian Boyle ($0.525m) / Brandon Prust ($0.800m)

Injured dtd
Erik Christensen ($0.925m)

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Michal Rozsival ($5.000m)
Michael Del Zotto ($1.087m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Steve Eminger ($1,125m) ($0.763m) / Mike Sauer ($0.500m)
/ Matt Gilroy ($1.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) /Martin Biron ($0.875m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $59,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $44,170,667; BONUSES: $3,000,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $15,230,333

LTIR
Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Chris Drury ($7.050m)
Vaclav Prospal ($2.480m)

Old
10-16-2010, 12:48 PM
satrabyk

1 down 1 up Gaborik and Drury, works out pretty even. lol. Seriously though i would love someone to have kicked Armstrongs ass after the run he took at Gaborik. With all due respect though Gaborik is an injury waiting to happen, which is unfortunate but true. Good time too see what other guys are willing to do for the next month or two. One more thing Bring Kennedy up, and i bet he will be top 3 forwards for the next several games. Dont have any idea why he didnt start on the roster.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:48 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Torts saying that Drury is really upset at being injured again (via all the beat writers on twitter)

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 12:53 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
I wouldn't say Stepan was lucky with those 3 goals...
He wasent lucky but lets say that if he reaches 10 goals this year i'd be very suprised. He lacks speed for the NHL and strength.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:00 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
He wasent lucky but lets say that if he reaches 10 goals this year i'd be very suprised. He lacks speed for the NHL and strength.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:00 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
So you're an expert?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Scooter17

Hey guys. I have a question. I didn't see the game and don't feel like searching for the answer lol. Has it been said whether or not Drury re-breaking his finger was the result of coming back too early? How did he do it?

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote