HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dominic Moore's thought on Rangers development

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Doyle

vCash: 500
Dominic Moore's thought on Rangers development

Quote:
Moore, a third-round pick in 2000, signed with the New York Rangers and joined their AHL affiliate the Hartford Wolf Pack for most of two seasons. He played five games for the Rangers in 2003-04, getting three assists in his NHL debut – becoming only the second Rangers player to record three points in a first game.

After scoring 19 goals for the Wolf Pack in the lockout season in 2004-05, Moore earned a spot with the Rangers and played in all 82 regular-season games and four in the playoffs. Moore had nine goals and nine assists, playing mostly a fourth-line role with a plus/minus rating of plus-4.

Despite the strong season, Moore was dealt to Pittsburgh in a three-way trade with Nashville that netted the Rangers current Lightning forward Adam Hall.

“That’s the New York Rangers way,” Moore said. “It’s the toughest organization of all to break in with because, even more so before the lockout, they tend to buy players instead of developing them. To break in there was an accomplishment in itself.”
Give me a break Dom, the Rangers break in rookies every season. They simply saw you as expendable since you played on the 4th.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=540685

Old
10-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Vitto79

yea what a dink.Pre Salary cap days they did buy players and it drove me nuts cause so many talented assets were moved

but lets be realisitic here. Moore was a 4th line Pker alla Betts and now Boyle..............same type of players

sure he scored some goals in TO but there is a reason he bounced around to multiple teams there after.

he's being a dink, lol

Old
10-16-2010, 08:52 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Says the guy who has been on 8 teams since the 2005 season. And no folks that is not an exaggeration. He literally has been on 8 teams in 6 seasons.

Old
10-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Speedtrials

I think he has a valid point though. The Rangers old ways of doing things, really were not conducive to developing young players. Thankfully, those days are long-gone now.

Old
10-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

There a reason Dom Moore didn't stick with the team and thats it right there. He's a one-way that likes to shoot off his mouth. A complainer, and a guy that likes to point fingers at everyone but himself. His anti-fight talk with the team was part of what got him shipped out. When he retires he will be the perfect Bettman cronie!

Old
10-16-2010, 09:10 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

What a whiny baby

Old
10-16-2010, 09:27 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I'd be pissed if I were Stevie Y...

Old
10-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
I think he has a valid point though. The Rangers old ways of doing things, really were not conducive to developing young players. Thankfully, those days are long-gone now.
Ah, but back then the rookies sucked.

Old
10-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Nikita4

He's right about the team back then, which I hope has changed for good now, but that had nothing to do with his development, it's him, which is why he changes teams so often.

Old
10-16-2010, 09:59 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

i met dom while with the rangers. and is one of the nicest guys i've ever met. we chated for a while about anything, seemed interested and all. veryy nice guy

Old
10-16-2010, 10:01 AM
DutchShamrock

Nothing gets people around here angrier than being right.

Old
10-16-2010, 10:45 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
They've been introducing more rookies post-lockout. And because they're not constantly bringing in a bunch of big name free agent veterans every summer, there are spots open in camp for the rookies to compete for because they're not blocked by expensive vets who are basically guaranteed positions.

But Moore was given a chance and made the team, so kudos to him. With the signing of Cullen (a better player) that summer, he was made expendable. Just like Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Toronto, Buffalo, Florida and Montreal found him to be. He might be on his way to Mike Sillinger territory (another player who was better than Moore), but if he stays in the league good for him.

I believe the Rangers are one of the younger teams in the league. They have changed their ways. There were problems developing players before the lockout, whether it was not giving them an opportunity to make the team or in some cases rushing them too soon. Other young players just weren't any good to begin with. But I think they've done a fine job with this current group of Dubinsky, Callahan, Staal, etc.

Old
10-16-2010, 10:49 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

I liked Moore and he has some valid points but this is just another let's bash the Rangers for not playing youth while they were bad from 98-04 thread.

-The only time those horrible 02-03 and 03-04 teams had any life was when Moore, Tripp, Lundmark (on occasion) and later Tyutin, Ortmeyer, Balej, etc. were in the lineups.

-There was no reason for Pascal Rheaume to be here or Billy Tibbetts.

-There was a little complaining around the beginning of 05-06 when some rookies couldn't crack the lineup but Moore got his shot and played well.

The real thing is though that the Rangers had those two 4th lines with Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer and Ward-Betts-Niemenen/Orr/etc and needed more scoring. Moore was traded to make room for Cullen and Jarko Immonen but the later despite playing well in his callups was never able to stick for whatever reason.

Old
10-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Dominic Moore's opinion? Forget aboot it!

Old
10-16-2010, 02:03 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Always hated him and his brother. They remind me of the tattle tails from elementary school.

Old
10-16-2010, 02:27 PM
scanzzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
LOL

That certainly USED to be our way of doing things.

Old
10-16-2010, 02:32 PM
ColonialsHockey10

I read the title and expected Moore to praise the development of our young players. Clearly I was wrong.

Not that he's incorrect about that statement....years ago it was true. We just went on and signed Shanny, Drury and Gomez within in the next two seasons.

Old
10-16-2010, 02:50 PM
EEDAWGZ

I cant believe it , I think im going to cry

Old
10-16-2010, 02:58 PM
frozenrubber

While he's congratulating himself on cracking the Rangers line-up, why aren't you also congratulating yourself on using your Harvard pedigree for excellent contract negotiation skills.

Thought you were worth 2.5-3 million dollars/yr when in Toronto, and turned down a 1.8 million+/per deal. Since then, you've been on 4 teams making 1.1 million. Congratulations, indeed!

Old
10-16-2010, 03:17 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Moore really didn't have to deal with what he's describing at all. If Lundmark, Malholtra, etc. wanted to say something I might let it slide

Old
10-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
Give me a break Dom, the Rangers break in rookies every season. They simply saw you as expendable since you played on the 4th.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=540685

Pre-lockout he wasn't wrong. Or maybe we just didn't have any good prospects. Chicken or egg, either way we didn't have anyone breaking in.

Old
10-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
lol I loved those...

Anyway, at the time, Moore was right. That's all he said was the truth. As of late, though, it hasn't been that way.

Old
10-17-2010, 05:03 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

The reason why Moore has been on so many teams is that he always signs 1-year deals, which makes him easy to grab at the deadline and easy to grab on July 1.

I always liked Moore. I also liked Matt Cullen.

Is he a difference maker? Probably not here in NY. But he's a versatile guy who can score some clutch goals.

As far as his comments go, there is some truth to that. But at the same time, the current Rangers roster has a bunch of guys who stuck around after their rookie season simply because they were better players than he was.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:27 AM
HoosierDaddy

We're a younger team on account of the CAP hell we've been in since The Baffoon from Banf-f-f went crazy with Dolans wallet. We have no choice but to get cheap young players in the line-up. And even now we're signing the Whites, Fedetenko's and Prospals.

The fact is that if Moore sucked like many are saying he'd be out of the league. For every trade there is a team that found him valuable enough to trade for him. He has a job, he doesn't suck. I can think of a few guys I'd rather have less than D Moore. Start with Captain Valium.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:34 AM
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
While he's congratulating himself on cracking the Rangers line-up, why aren't you also congratulating yourself on using your Harvard pedigree for excellent contract negotiation skills.

Thought you were worth 2.5-3 million dollars/yr when in Toronto, and turned down a 1.8 million+/per deal. Since then, you've been on 4 teams making 1.1 million. Congratulations, indeed!
How much do you earn, again? A million bucks to work 8-9 months out of the year is not bad, in my book

I'm not a big Moore fan, but the non sequitur comments in this thread are...never mind

Closed Thread