HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hasek Slide !!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-16-2010, 01:30 PM
  #1
RedLightSunBurn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Hasek Slide !!!

I remember pulling a flying blue line slide on a forward in peewee. It worked, but I haven't tried it since. Err, anyway, anyone else ever pull one off? I heard stories of kids getting injured when they get knocked over like bowling pins when us goalies try the "hasek."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8M2SNe6siA

RedLightSunBurn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:33 PM
  #2
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLightSunBurn View Post
I remember pulling a flying blue line slide on a forward in peewee. It worked, but I haven't tried it since. Err, anyway, anyone else ever pull one off? I heard stories of kids getting injured when they get knocked over like bowling pins when us goalies try the "hasek."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8M2SNe6siA
Uh its a bush move and should be a major for intent to injure.

How about if defenseman started doing that move. By would that be fun to see guys getting there knees taking out at full speed, but hey, if he gets the puck first its ok

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 01:36 PM
  #3
RedLightSunBurn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Uh its a bush move and should be a major for intent to injure.

How about if defenseman started doing that move. By would that be fun to see guys getting there knees taking out at full speed, but hey, if he gets the puck first its ok
I know it's very dangerous. Thats why I havent done it since. I'll fly out to poke check but never stack em' up and make a trip wire out of myself. However, it wakes up the crowd

RedLightSunBurn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 03:25 PM
  #4
nyrleetch
Registered User
 
nyrleetch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,051
vCash: 500
That announcer is such a homer!

nyrleetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:26 PM
  #5
DA 17
Registered User
 
DA 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Surprised Gabby didn't shatter every bone in his body.

DA 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:29 PM
  #6
RedLightSunBurn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
That announcer is such a homer!
"If your a goalie WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO? ca'mon!"


↑↑↑take the breakaway like every other goalie does.

RedLightSunBurn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:55 PM
  #7
densetsu
 
densetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Dangerous for the goalie, dangerous for the skater. Bad all around. I'm surprised they didn't penalize Hasek. I'm also surprised the league didn't add a "Hasek rule" to ban this move like they did with Avery's tomfoolery. (Yes, there are hip checks, but that's a part of hockey. This, arguably, isn't.)

What happened to Gaborik is bad enough; there's a very high risk of inflicting injury from the skater crashing to the ice on his head or shoulders. But let's take into mind the other possibilities here.

Scenario 1: The skater tries to jump over you, but his timing is off. Two skate blades with 200 lbs of weight on them lands on your legs, torso, arms, whatever.

Scenario 2: The skater sees you with a decent amount of time and tries to make a sharp turn, but loses his footing and slides feet-first. Again, 200 lbs coming towards you skates-first. I think most goalies have been in this situation -- a guy on a breakaway going full speed, then losing his footing -- and it's never a good thing. (Every time when guys slide into me, I'm standing up or in butterfly... I really wouldn't want a guy sliding skates first when my neck and head are on ice level.)

Scenario 3: Your defenceman is close behind, trying to keep up with the attacker but skates just around you. Meanwhile, you slide into the attacker and take him out feet-first. What happens to his skates? They fly up into the air and then back down. A huge risk to any other player standing in the near vicinity.


Last edited by densetsu: 10-16-2010 at 09:06 PM.
densetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:28 PM
  #8
noobman
Registered User
 
noobman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,636
vCash: 500
I did it to a friend at ball hockey once, in a shootout. I saw him put his head down for a second and I just had to take the opportunity.

It was a day or two after Johan Hedberg did it to Mats Sundin in an Atlanta vs Toronto shootout, so everyone was still buzzing about Sundin getting "Hedberg'd", as we called it. He jumped over me and didn't wipe out, but he didn't get a shot off either.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:31 AM
  #9
RedLightSunBurn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by densetsu View Post

Scenario 1: The skater tries to jump over you, but his timing is off. Two skate blades with 200 lbs of weight on them lands on your legs, torso, arms, whatever.

Scenario 2: The skater sees you with a decent amount of time and tries to make a sharp turn, but loses his footing and slides feet-first. Again, 200 lbs coming towards you skates-first. I think most goalies have been in this situation -- a guy on a breakaway going full speed, then losing his footing -- and it's never a good thing. (Every time when guys slide into me, I'm standing up or in butterfly... I really wouldn't want a guy sliding skates first when my neck and head are on ice level.)

Scenario 3: Your defenceman is close behind, trying to keep up with the attacker but skates just around you. Meanwhile, you slide into the attacker and take him out feet-first. What happens to his skates? They fly up into the air and then back down. A huge risk to any other player standing in the near vicinity.
Well said, thats why I don't do it.

RedLightSunBurn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 04:27 AM
  #10
NJDwoot
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLightSunBurn View Post
"If your a goalie WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO? ca'mon!"


↑↑↑take the breakaway like every other goalie does.
I know right? its 5-0 Det and 2.5 mins left on the clock in the 3rd period... completely uncalled for IMO

NJDwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 05:19 AM
  #11
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard
 
Mantha Poodoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,888
vCash: 500
2 things

1: Dom Hasek was/is insanely frigging talented.

2: Dom Hasek, like many goalies of his era, is a bit loopy

Unless you're both as talented and as nuts as Dom Hasek, don't do this.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:45 AM
  #12
RedLightSunBurn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDwoot View Post
I know right? its 5-0 Det and 2.5 mins left on the clock in the 3rd period... completely uncalled for IMO
Anything Hasek does is justified for he Hasek. The greatest there was.

RedLightSunBurn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:46 AM
  #13
RedLightSunBurn*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
[QUOTE

Unless you're as talented and as nuts as Dom Hasek, don't do this.[/QUOTE]

Oh,,, I am

RedLightSunBurn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:23 AM
  #14
Purple hippo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Louvain-la-Neuve
Country: Belgium
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
I have tried it twice, it worked the one time, I was scored on the other time. By the time I got to juniors and semi-pro I stop doing it and just move to poke check or simply play the breakaway.

It was a ton of fun to do when I was a kid.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:25 AM
  #15
Chalupa Batman
Mod Supervisor
 
Chalupa Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 23,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLightSunBurn View Post
Quote:

Unless you're as talented and as nuts as Dom Hasek, don't do this.
Oh,,, I am
You're as talented as Dominik Hasek?

Chalupa Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:48 AM
  #16
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,742
vCash: 769
back in midgets, a goalie tried it on me. He took me out (I didn't flip like Gabby though), missed the puck, I landed on my stomach, recovered and put the puck in the net

not quite as dramatic is Richards' goal during the playoffs last year

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.