HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

38th Obsequious Banter Thread: The unnamed one

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2010, 01:37 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
My lady and I (Sorry Snake) want to go to VT. However, we have no idea how to get there. I'd like to take train because I think it would be fun. Flying is iffy because of canceled flights. Driving sounds like it could be a huge pain in the ass. Any ideas?
I havent taken the train in a long time. So i really dont know the stops in Vermont.
Last I checked amtrack stopped in Brattleboro,VT of course then you have to look at car rentals. I would just drive personally. that would be the only other option. A bus from the mid atlantic isnt a option really.
the drive isnt that bad really. 95 to 91. 91 isnt a bad interstate really. Watch the speed in Conn. tho. Conn state troopers love handing out big tickets to out of staters.

Old
10-16-2010, 01:38 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
My lady and I (Sorry Snake) want to go to VT. However, we have no idea how to get there. I'd like to take train because I think it would be fun. Flying is iffy because of canceled flights. Driving sounds like it could be a huge pain in the ass. Any ideas?
Teleport.

Old
10-16-2010, 03:29 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

vCash: 500
I know you guys don't like the Devils (I am in agreement there!) but I just wanted to let you know, as I am friends with a couple of Flyers/Rangers fans that follow the Trenton Devils, that I will be at their home opener tonight and will be tweeting updates from the press box if anyone is curious. They play the Reading Royals, primary ECHL affiliate of the Leafs, secondary are the Bruins. You can follow me at @PhillyEdMiller.

Old
10-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Well, I'm glad it wasn't a straight out rejection. I dunno when she graduates, but my only advice is to not put your life on hold waiting for her. Sure, hang out with her, but do other things. Meet other girls. If, when she graduates, the circumstances are right for the two of you, that's great. Just don't lose a year or two of your life just waiting.....
Are you high?

Sorry, Snake, but that is straight out rejection. You think she won't put a book down to get some ****? She would. But only for the **** that she wants.

She will use you for everything that a boyfriend will provide except sex. She will drain you emotionally and financially and then start dating when she finds someone that she is actually into.

I know that sounds harsh, and it is, but it is also the truth.

The sad reality is that being friends with women is hard. They aren't going to help you move, lend you money, have your back in a fight, or do anything that is expected of your male friends. They are pretty much just baggage unless there is something really special about them. But, usually, it's a pretty one-way relationship in many ways.

Just move on, man. There are a bajillion girls out there who would be happy to touch your penis.

Last edited by GKJ: 10-17-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: language!
Old
10-16-2010, 03:42 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I havent taken the train in a long time. So i really dont know the stops in Vermont.
Last I checked amtrack stopped in Brattleboro,VT of course then you have to look at car rentals. I would just drive personally. that would be the only other option. A bus from the mid atlantic isnt a option really.
the drive isnt that bad really. 95 to 91. 91 isnt a bad interstate really. Watch the speed in Conn. tho. Conn state troopers love handing out big tickets to out of staters.
******* Connecticut.

Old
10-16-2010, 03:45 PM
SolidSnakeUS

She went out with some other friends today to Dorney Park for the haunted stuff going on there. I'm just going to stay home today, chill and watch sports haha.

Old
10-16-2010, 10:34 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Are you high?

Sorry, Snake, but that is straight out rejection. You think she won't put a book down to get some ****? She would. But only for the **** that she wants.

She will use you for everything that a boyfriend will provide except sex. She will drain you emotionally and financially and then start dating when she finds someone that she is actually into.

The sad reality is that being friends with women is hard. They aren't going to help you move, lend you money, have your back in a fight, or do anything that is expected of your male friends. They are pretty much just baggage unless there is something really special about them. But, usually, it's a pretty one-way relationship in many ways.

Just move on, man. There are a bajillion girls out there who would be happy to touch your penis.
It is obvious that Solid doesn't want to be reasoned with, he wants to remain oblivious to the truth and just eat up the pseudo-positive responses of the more disingenuous posters here and continue to get ****ed with.

I have given up trying to reach him with sense and pass the torch to you, Val.

Good luck, mon amie.

Last edited by GKJ: 10-17-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old
10-16-2010, 10:35 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
She went out with some other friends today to Dorney Park for the haunted stuff going on there. I'm just going to stay home today, chill and watch sports haha.
Yeah, she sounds super busy.

Old
10-16-2010, 11:21 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
She did have it planned for well over a week. Even though she does have an exam on Monday. If she didn't do this, she would more than likely be at home studying.

Old
10-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
It is obvious that Solid doesn't want to be reasoned with, he wants to remain oblivious to the truth and just eat up the pseudo-positive responses of the more disingenuous posters here and continue to get ****ed with.

I have given up trying to reach him with sense and pass the torch to you, Val.

Good luck, mon amie.
There is no help.

Quote:
Quote:
She did have it planned for well over a week. Even though she does have an exam on Monday. If she didn't do this, she would more than likely be at home studying.
Kind of proves your point agrudez. She can make time for others but not him.

Old
10-17-2010, 12:22 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
There is no help.

Kind of proves your point agrudez. She can make time for others but not him.
Actually, I was invited to go with her today to Dorney Park. I really should of gone with, the Philadelphia sports teams sucked today.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:23 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Are you high?

Post of the year.

Last edited by GKJ: 10-17-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old
10-17-2010, 03:44 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Are you high?

Let them touch your penis.
Solid, sounds like you've gotten your answer, whether you were listening or not.

P.S. I don't want to "see anyone till I'm out of school" sounds like "I want to spend the next four years of my life free to get hammered and let frat guys bang me senseless."

Just sayin'

Old
10-17-2010, 03:48 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Solid, sounds like you've gotten your answer, whether you were listening or not.

P.S. I don't want to "see anyone till I'm out of school" sounds like "I want to spend the next four years of my life free to get hammered and let frat guys bang me senseless."

Just sayin'
And yet, dude seems to have an unflappable sense of confidence with the whole thing (as misguided as it may seem to us). There's something to be said for that.

Old
10-17-2010, 03:50 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Curious, am I seen as the stupid autistic man on this forum?

Old
10-17-2010, 03:59 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Stupid and autistic? No. Somewhat overly obsessed with a woman who most of us think may not have the same interest in you that you have in her? Yyyyyyeah.... just a bit. However, you know her better than any of us. Maybe the people here are all wrong, and she will be there for you when she's done with school. I think most folks here are just trying to help you avoid the heartbreak that comes along with what typically happens with situations such as yours. Best of luck with the whole thing.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
You probably couldn't put her off for a week to study for finals. She doesn't want to entertain the idea of a relationship for four years. Think about that. If she felt for you anything even close to what you do for her, she couldn't ever say that.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:19 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
You probably couldn't put her off for a week to study for finals. She doesn't want to entertain the idea of a relationship for four years. Think about that. If she felt for you anything even close to what you do for her, she couldn't ever say that.
I highly doubt she has 4 years left.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:26 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
In the real world, we call this deflection.

C'mon man, you should be approaching this logically. We can't make it more clear without elaborate diagrams.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:27 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
In the real world, we call this deflection.

C'mon man, you should be approaching this logically. We can't make it more clear without elaborate diagrams.
I'm wondering why he said 4 years left, that's all. Also, remember, she is a year younger than me, so it's not like she just started.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:34 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:

Either way, if she was interested she wouldn't be feeding you that ********.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:54 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Ok, the next time I see her, I know you're probably going to think I'm stupid, I'm going to ask if she would even date me, even though I know she doesn't want to till she graduates. Pretty much to be straight forward. Or do you think that isn't fair to ask her?

Old
10-17-2010, 05:23 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Ok, the next time I see her, I know you're probably going to think I'm stupid, I'm going to ask if she would even date me, even though I know she doesn't want to till she graduates. Pretty much to be straight forward. Or do you think that isn't fair to ask her?
This is just getting silly now. She's just going to think you're pathetic/begging.

Old
10-17-2010, 05:25 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Nevermind. I'll just keep all this **** to myself.

Old
10-17-2010, 09:07 AM
bungle
Casual Observer

Quote:
All very good points, and true. If I may add my own 2 cents, one positive of having a chick friend is that you get on the radar of all her chick friends. The trick is picking the right times to hang out with her.

Closed Thread