HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

mike richards

Old
10-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
Richards will probably end up with 60ish points depending on how he is used.

JvR-Carter-Zherdev
Leino-Giroux-Briere
Powe-Richards-Hartnell
Shelley-Betts-Carcillo

This seems pretty dangerous to drop Richards down to the third but it would be nice to see Carter back in the center. I can see this being a bit if a trial season for the first twenty, thirty games as Lavi works out exactly what is best for each of his players.

he may want to try and protect Carter for the play-offs given he hasn't had a proper run at them for the Flyers.

On another note: Flyskippy, loving the Avatar

Laviolette is running three lines, this would just be focusing the two lines with guys who you know can play and put Richards with some like-minded fwds who he can make better with his play, this seems to be when he excels. As you said, I clearly expect after five games to see Laviolette maybe go for a little tweak here and there.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:47 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Last year he wasnt on the PK heavily and he only got 60+.
Last year everybody sucked.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:18 PM
HardHitt3n

M. Richards

Sorry but i think he deserves his own thread. Dude has been playing like absolute Ass since the season started. ive never seen so much indecision and poor offensive skills as i have this yr. Slap shots on break aways? always missing the net. Dude need to get his **** str8

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 10-16-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Similar thread exists.
HardHitt3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:26 PM
FlyerEra2010

He's had a ton of chances, but he can't finish to save his life right now. I don't know what the hell he's thinking with those slap shots...

FlyerEra2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:27 PM
CavemanLawyer

Check down a few topics from this... Someone already made a Mike Richards topic, he already has his own thread.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:30 PM
CharlieGirl

Trade the *******.

Just ****ing trade him for a bag of pucks.

You know, a typical Holmgren deal. But make sure there's a 2nd rounder for 2018 that goes along with Richards.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

If he passed to Giroux (there was no lane, Letang played it well), he'd be *****ed out. If he dangled like he did the other day, he'd be *****ed out. So he tried to rip it past the goalie and missed...**** happens.

He's the team's leading scorer along with Briere despite having no chemistry with his linesmates (one of whom is a no-talent role player and the other is a talented centre who plays like a giraffe on skates on the wing).

Trade him, please.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 07:46 PM
MsWoof

Yawn

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:41 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Old
10-16-2010, 08:42 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

To TOR:

Mike Richards

To PHI

Mikhail Grabovski (good skater)
Fredrik Sjostrom (good PKer)
James Reemer (sick goalie prospect)
Half eaten Hardees cheeseburger (delicious)

JDinklage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:44 PM
CTU2fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
If he passed to Giroux (there was no lane, Letang played it well), he'd be *****ed out. If he dangled like he did the other day, he'd be *****ed out. So he tried to rip it past the goalie and missed...**** happens.

He's the team's leading scorer along with Briere despite having no chemistry with his linesmates (one of whom is a no-talent role player and the other is a talented centre who plays like a giraffe on skates on the wing).

Trade him, please.
Yeah, where's the trade Carter thread? And for the record I'm 100% against trading Carter, and I think he should be playing center...but if Richards is fair game then Carter is too.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 08:54 PM
DenverBoone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
To TOR:

Mike Richards

To PHI

Mikhail Grabovski (good skater)
Fredrik Sjostrom (good PKer)
James Reemer (sick goalie prospect)
Half eaten Hardees cheeseburger (delicious)
Where's the bad/ decent prospect?

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:04 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
JVR-Richards-Giroux
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Carcillo/Nodl-Carter-Zherdev

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:32 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:

Trade him, please.
can't miss at this level if you want to be elite, philly doesn't have many "elite" players on the offensive side of the puck no matter how much they want to be...(lots of good ones though, but good only gets you so far)...

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:42 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Why do you guys post here if you're nothing but naysayers.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:43 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
Yeah, where's the trade Carter thread? And for the record I'm 100% against trading Carter, and I think he should be playing center...but if Richards is fair game then Carter is too.
Are ya new?

Every single thread on this board, whether it's about Homer, goaltending or what colour the sky is ends up being about how ****** Carter is. A chosen few have taken it upon themselves to hijack every thread and make it about Carter.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:06 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Anybody who proposes trading Richards or Pronger should just be banned, no questions asked.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
can't miss at this level if you want to be elite, philly doesn't have many "elite" players on the offensive side of the puck no matter how much they want to be...(lots of good ones though, but good only gets you so far)...
Uhhh...I know Jester has put a lot more effort into this argument than I ever would...

But look at Ovechkin's stats and tell me you can't be elite if you miss the net. Everybody misses the net. If you can't accept that, give up on hockey...and perhaps on life. Grow a neck beard and wear sweatpants, it's over for you.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 11:36 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Uhhh...I know Jester has put a lot more effort into this argument than I ever would...

But look at Ovechkin's stats and tell me you can't be elite if you miss the net. Everybody misses the net. If you can't accept that, give up on hockey...and perhaps on life. Grow a neck beard and wear sweatpants, it's over for you.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:22 PM
HardHitt3n

Quote:

at least ovechkin can get a shot off on breakaways lol

HardHitt3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Stockholm Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHitt3n View Post
at least ovechkin can get a shot off on breakaways lol
you're talking about that one time he was completely gassed at the end of his shift when he had breakaway and slapped it. it was one time, seriously. get over it. he's been fine.

Stockholm Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 02:19 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholm Syndrome View Post
you're talking about that one time he was completely gassed at the end of his shift when he had breakaway and slapped it. it was one time, seriously. get over it. he's been fine.
People said the same thing about Carter's effort at the end of the TBL game. People didn't realize that he was gassed there as well.

You can't expect heroic, incredible things to happen every time we're down a goal. Otherwise we'd probably go 82-0-0 every season, which is completely unrealistic to say the least.

If you desperately need heroes go read comics, watch the 1980 Miracle, or re-watch game 7 of the Bruins series from last year.

What makes things incredible is the fact that they are uncommon. As soon as they're common, they're hardly incredible.

We're asking and expecting too much from these guys. They're only human. Losses will happen.

Right now we need to cut down on penalties (though some of the travesties from that officiating crew last night were incredible in their own right), we need to crash the net more, and WE NEED TO WORK ON BREAKOUTS (that's partially a forward chemistry issue though, from what I've seen so far is that in general the defense is doing their job on breakouts).

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:

growing neck beard, sweatpants, soccer balls, and even a skirt? he's got it in spades

And yeah no **** ovi misses the net, he also scores more than anyone else typically does too(frankly he woulda potted that one under the water bottle to boo), but the only clutch scorers we seem to have Are too undersized to play defense so the "smart" posters on these boards dismiss the good for the bad, and can't get on richard's and carter's crotch enough to see or ever admit they need to elevate their game if they're our talented core to win us a cup

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post

growing neck beard, sweatpants, soccer balls, and even a skirt? he's got it in spades

And yeah no **** ovi misses the net, he also scores more than anyone else typically does too(frankly he woulda potted that one under the water bottle to boo), but the only clutch scorers we seem to have Are too undersized to play defense so the "smart" posters on these boards dismiss the good for the bad, and can't get on richard's and carter's crotch enough to see or ever admit they need to elevate their game if they're our talented core to win us a cup
Read below to address your misconceptions concerning the relationship between missing the net and scoring more goals. Ovi scores a lot more goals, because he shoots (and misses) a lot more than our guys. A product of his incredible ability to get into shooting positions, more than his incredible ability to finish goals in opportunities.

As to the bolded... Ovi's team is known for choking, and you're complaining about our group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Lets do a little math... and, it should be understood, Alex Ovechkin is better than Jeff Carter. Significantly.

2009-10:
Alex Ovechkin attempted 520 shots on net (SOG, Missed Shots), and converted 50 goals: or 9.6%

Jeff Carter attempted 460 shots on net, and converted 33 goals: or 7.2%

2008-9:
AO attempted 748 shots on net (yes, this is ABSURD), and converted 56 goals: or 7.4%

Carter attempted 458 shots on net, and converted 46 goals: or 10.0%

2007-8:
AO attempted 645 shots on net, and converted 65 goals: or 10.1%

Carter attempted 367 shots on net, and converted 29 goals: or 7.9%

Over the last three season in total:

AO has attempted 1,913 shots on net, and converted 171 goals: or 8.9%

Jeff Carter has attempted 1,285 shots on net, and converted 108 goals: or 8.4%

So, over the last three years of their respective careers... when Ovechkin releases the puck on net, he is 0.5% more likely to get a goal out of that shot than Jeff Carter... yet Jeff Carter misses the net too much.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 02:50 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Thanks for bringing that back Jester. I was about to do the legwork to put that all back together. I'm glad you remembered where to find it.

Ovechkin shoots more than Cater, but only converts less than a full percent more of his shots.

That doesn't make Ovechkin a significantly better goal-scorer. He's a marginally better goal-scorer.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote