HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

zednick out again with sprained knee

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 04:56 PM
marcel

vCash:
zednick out again with sprained knee

hurt it again to night ...week to 10 days?

Old
10-04-2003, 04:58 PM
RichardZednik#20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel
hurt it again to night ...week to 10 days?
Same thing then Koivu. Hope it will be shorter. Terrible news if it's for long.

Old
10-04-2003, 05:36 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
Same thing then Koivu. Hope it will be shorter. Terrible news if it's for long.
right now our 2 best players are injured.. it will be to the youngsters to step up.. dont have much choice here.

Old
10-04-2003, 06:27 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
right now our 2 best players are injured.. it will be to the youngsters to step up.. dont have much choice here.
haha that's a funny quote... do you really think that it's gonna change something? seriously.. with our two best forwards out, the "youngsters" won't change a thing.

to me it's just a matter to show what we got in this team... in short, nothing.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:00 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
haha that's a funny quote... do you really think that it's gonna change something? seriously.. with our two best forwards out, the "youngsters" won't change a thing.

to me it's just a matter to show what we got in this team... in short, nothing.
Don't hang yourself yet !

Ribeiro is the next Jean Beliveau I tell ya ! He's gonna save the season like Theo did 2 years ago. He'll take control of this team, seperate the "cliques", unite our players and be a rock for the next 15 years.

Julien will send Komisarek down but he'll come back soon. After killing 5 persons in the AHL ... with ONE BODY CHECK !

Ryder will break Audette face in practice then play with Koivu and score 30 goals !

Seriously ... don't give up ! KEEP HOPE ! This year we're not losing without giving a fight. Which is gonna be a change from last year.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:27 PM
Corey

From what I gather it's probably a strained muscle, not a sprain. RDS used the term "élongation," which isn't in the medical dictionary. The French term for sprain is "foulure." I expect Zednik to be back in action in less than 7-10 days, which means he should be ready for the Toronto game next Saturday, and perhaps for the Ottawa game the night before. Then again, I've learned not to trust the French media.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:32 PM
penopekoo

How many other teams are seeing all their best players go down like flies??

Thankfully nobody's been seriously injured.

Old
10-05-2003, 06:37 AM
rocketlives

Zednik was injured by Ottawa defenseman Volchenkov, the same player who injured Ribeiro in a preseason game last year.

The Habs, who are a team without a true 1st line, will now have to start the season without a 1st and 2nd line with the absence of Koivu and Zednik.

No opposing player should be allowed to take liberties with our skilled players, since we have so few of them. I hope someone on our team took Volchenkov's number and we'll see some retribution in Thursday night's opening game.

Old
10-05-2003, 06:41 AM
coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives
Zednik was injured by Ottawa defenseman Volchenkov, the same player who injured Ribeiro in a preseason game last year.

The Habs who are a team without a true 1st line will now have to start the season without a 1st and 2nd line with the absence of Koivu and Zednik.

No opposing player should be allowed to take liberties with our skilled player since we have so few of them. I hope someone on our team took Volchenkov number and we'll see some retribution in Thursday opening game.
Let's hope for a 0-0 tie...

Old
10-05-2003, 08:41 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
From what I gather it's probably a strained muscle, not a sprain. RDS used the term "élongation," which isn't in the medical dictionary. The French term for sprain is "foulure." I expect Zednik to be back in action in less than 7-10 days, which means he should be ready for the Toronto game next Saturday, and perhaps for the Ottawa game the night before. Then again, I've learned not to trust the French media.
I think that means a stretched ligament. Minor injury, but could make the joint less stable depending on how bad it is.

Closed Thread