HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Game 6 | Penguins @ Flyers | Sat, Oct 16, 6:00 PM (ET)

Old
10-16-2010, 09:10 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

vCash: 500
Yeah, I have never seen Lovejoy "dive", and I doubt he was about to start with the team leading 4-1.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Ugene Malkin
Oh..Well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I think they are friends actually, no?

Hmm, that was right at the end, I guess I wasn't listening hard enough.
I'm not sure, but the body language on the ice, and most times they are civil talking with each other tells me they are. Not buddy/buddy, but mutual combatants.

I don't even see why Richards should be all that upset, the teams are 50/50, and they got their wish of spoiling the CEC opener. That was a harder one to take.

Did love how he drops that quote, and then says, haven't I given enough quotes, like.... how am I going to best that one and not come out to looking like a fool.

Drop the mini bomb an go. Good stuff.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post
Richards seems like a *****. I really don't like him at all. He's a heck of a player, but off the ice he's a tool.
I agree. I enjoy watching him, I think he's a great, well-rounded player, but comes across as a fair dbag off the ice.

Flyer fans will forever tell you that Crosby is a whiner, but ignore things like Richards whinging to the media about a few penalties. He's the captain of his side, and his team lost 5-1. He shouldn't be entertaining questions on penalties.

Marns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Martin View Post
I'm not sure, but the body language on the ice, and most times they are civil talking with each other tells me they are. Not buddy/buddy, but mutual combatants.

I don't even see why Richards should be all that upset, the teams are 50/50, and they got their wish of spoiling the CEC opener. That was a harder one to take.

Did love how he drops that quote, and then says, haven't I given enough quotes, like.... how am I going to best that one and not come out to looking like a fool.

Drop the mini bomb an go. Good stuff.
I think how he comes off has to do with not liking the media. Don't hear many interviews from him. I think if he had it his way he'd never talk to the media, but then he'd be villianized.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2010, 11:34 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

Quote:
I think how he comes off has to do with not liking the media. Don't hear many interviews from him. I think if he had it his way he'd never talk to the media, but then he'd be villianized.
seems like that still happens from time to time, anyway. the villainized part, that is. didn't he get into it with sam carchidi last season? or am i thinking of someone else? and that's not meant to be a knock on richards -- just a byproduct of some of the writers there.

shureshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:07 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
seems like that still happens from time to time, anyway. the villainized part, that is. didn't he get into it with sam carchidi last season? or am i thinking of someone else? and that's not meant to be a knock on richards -- just a byproduct of some of the writers there.
Yes - he won't answer questions from him.

For a beat writer, it's not a good idea to have the captain of the team blacklist you, but we still have Pronger and Briere who are willing to speak.

Old
10-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Congrats on the win, folks. Certainly deserved that one. I'd like your opinion on something: Is it me or the more emotional and the more that's going on in Flyers/Penguins games, the more the Penguins want to rub our faces in it? That's 6 games in a row yous have won in Philly, and this is supposedly a place the opponent hates to play, but the Penguins seem to relish the hostility.
There is something there. Crosby has by far the highest points and goals per game against Philly, especially in Philly, than he does against any other team he plays. Honestly, I think that still dates back to the whole thing with Crosby and the articles his rookie year when he got his teeth knocked out. Remember that the core of this team is very young, grew up together, and Crosby for one seems to get up for the Flyers unlike any other team. He has a huge presence in that locker room and I would not be surprised that the other Pens got similarly riled. That was a long time ago though, relatively, and likely would have died if Philly did not keep it fresh with all the Crosby sucks chants, booing, Hartnell trying to bite a Pen player's ear off, etc. That works on some, Jagr seemed to wilt in Pittsburgh under the boos, but by now I would have thought Philly would have learned it is not helping with Crosby, just the opposite.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 09:55 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
There is something there. Crosby has by far the highest points and goals per game against Philly, especially in Philly, than he does against any other team he plays. Honestly, I think that still dates back to the whole thing with Crosby and the articles his rookie year when he got his teeth knocked out. Remember that the core of this team is very young, grew up together, and Crosby for one seems to get up for the Flyers unlike any other team. He has a huge presence in that locker room and I would not be surprised that the other Pens got similarly riled. That was a long time ago though, relatively, and likely would have died if Philly did not keep it fresh with all the Crosby sucks chants, booing, Hartnell trying to bite a Pen player's ear off, etc. That works on some, Jagr seemed to wilt in Pittsburgh under the boos, but by now I would have thought Philly would have learned it is not helping with Crosby, just the opposite.
I'd like to see the numbers in Pittsburgh as opposed to in Philly. Last thing I saw was 15 points in 13 games here.

Old
10-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
I'd like to see the numbers in Pittsburgh as opposed to in Philly. Last thing I saw was 15 points in 13 games here.
In 17 regular-season games in Philadelphia, Crosby has 13 goals and 28 points. Overall against the Flyers, the Penguins captain has posted 26 goals and 59 points in 33 games.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci...nclick_check=1

He scores more in Philly than in Pittsburgh, which is the reverse of the usual. So to be honest, given the results most of us are growing to love the 'Crosby Sucks' chants as much as Philly fans seem to.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 01:44 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
In 17 regular-season games in Philadelphia, Crosby has 13 goals and 28 points. Overall against the Flyers, the Penguins captain has posted 26 goals and 59 points in 33 games.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci...nclick_check=1

He scores more in Philly than in Pittsburgh, which is the reverse of the usual. So to be honest, given the results most of us are growing to love the 'Crosby Sucks' chants as much as Philly fans seem to.
Heh, well, like I said, I can only account for myself and the people around me, and none of us do it. The town itself is generally oblivious to how those things work in hockey.

Old
10-17-2010, 02:49 PM
JTG

It's just funny because when an athlete who gets jeered or taunted asks if it affects them, they will usually say no, and that they are just fans, and that they just go out and play their game.

Sid couldn't make that statement even if he wanted to. He obviously hears them, it obviously affects him, and it really does drive him when he's in Philly.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote