HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 2010-11 AHL Monarchs and ECHL Reign, Prospect Update Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2010, 01:10 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Cliche had to go through waiver to go to Manchester. He cleared so should be with them now.
Cliche was put on waivers around the same time that Hammond reported that Kaunisto once healthy would be sent down to Manchester. Most likely a similar situation with Cliche. Except he had to pass through waivers to be sent to Manchester, since he's still injured he has to remain on the Kings roster. But since he's already passed through waivers he can be sent to Manchester as soon as he's healthy.

Old
10-15-2010, 06:26 PM
hockeynutz

i spoke with cliche yesterday. he's in manchester & is making progress. he's looking forward to getting back to playing.

Old
10-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Thank you for the update hockeynutz, I kind of figured as much, but assumed he's still somewhat nursing the injury and can't "officially" be returned to the Monarchs until that's completed.

Old
10-16-2010, 12:05 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Thank you for the update hockeynutz, I kind of figured as much, but assumed he's still somewhat nursing the injury and can't "officially" be returned to the Monarchs until that's completed.
Yep, until he comes off IR he has to remian on the Kings technically, and he can be practicing with Manchester as soon as that happens. The whole thing is kind of like a "paper transaction" where a player is sent down but never actually leaves the NHL team he was with. Cliche can and probably is in Manchester right now but until he's healed he can't officially be a part of the roster.

Old
10-16-2010, 12:57 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

LOS ANGELES, CA The Los Angeles Kings, the parent club of the Manchester Monarchs, have announced the following player transaction:

Activated from injured reserve list; assigned to Manchester (AHL):
Ray Kaunisto - LW

Old
10-16-2010, 08:18 PM
riznat

Kozun just got a hat trick. Currently its 4-2 with Zatkoff in net in the 3rd period. Elkins has the other goal and Moller has 2 assists.

Old
10-16-2010, 08:19 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Kozun just got a hat trick. Currently its 4-2 with Zatkoff in net in the 3rd period. Elkins has the other goal and Moller has 2 assists.
LOL that kid is nasty, didn't Loktionov have a hat trick in his first game last year too?

Old
10-16-2010, 08:22 PM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
LOL that kid is nasty, didn't Loktionov have a hat trick in his first game last year too?
Yup, that was the last monarchs hat trick. Manchester was up 2-0 going into the third and gave up two goals in just a couple of a minutes. It seems like they've done this in the last 2 or 3 games now. At least they got the lead back up to 2 again.

Game over 5-2 Monarchs. King had an empty net goal. Zatkoff stopped 28 of 30 shots.

Old
10-16-2010, 08:35 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Yup, that was the last monarchs hat trick. Manchester was up 2-0 going into the third and gave up two goals in just a couple of a minutes. It seems like they've done this in the last 2 or 3 games now. At least they got the lead back up to 2 again.

Game over 5-2 Monarchs. King had an empty net goal. Zatkoff stopped 28 of 30 shots.
I liked how when Providence scored and then tied the game, the Monarchs didn't let up and pushed right back and got the lead. Really good thing to see from a young team.

Old
10-16-2010, 09:13 PM
hockeynutz

kozun's 2d goal was credited to meckler, so no hat trick for kozun. the goal on the penalty shot was sick!

good way to start the season!

Old
10-16-2010, 10:09 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynutz View Post
kozun's 2d goal was credited to meckler, so no hat trick for kozun. the goal on the penalty shot was sick!

good way to start the season!
dang that sucks for him...

If you were there though, what happened on the 2-1 with Kozun and Moller (what would have been Kozun's 3rd goal) the radio broadcast made it sound like Kozun had breakaway and threw the puck across ice to Moller, making it a 2 on 1 and then Moller fed the puck back and Kozun had an almost totally open net? It was very confusing listening to it...

Old
10-17-2010, 02:23 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

went to the game. long stretches of the game early on it seemed like a preseason game. very little energy. lots of sloppy play on both sides. there wasnt a penalty called until about the midway point of the 2nd period.
The penalty shot goal by Kozun was disgusting.
Not sure what happened on the 3rd goal. It looked like it was Kozuns goal to me. it was one of the prettiest plays of the night.
The Azevedo penalty shot attempt was weak as hell. one of the worst ive seen.
I still dont know what happened on the penalty to Providence that gave us the PP that led to the GWG. There was a stoppage and the next thing I knew the refs were sending Knackstedt to the box.
Zatkoff to me was shaky. He was very fortunate tonight on some bounces. both goals were stoppable. he did what he had to do. questionable to give him the 2nd star but whatever. ill take the 2 points and move on.

Old
10-17-2010, 02:44 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Thank you for the updates and info from our New England friends.

Old
10-17-2010, 07:15 AM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
went to the game. long stretches of the game early on it seemed like a preseason game. very little energy. lots of sloppy play on both sides. there wasnt a penalty called until about the midway point of the 2nd period.
The penalty shot goal by Kozun was disgusting.
Not sure what happened on the 3rd goal. It looked like it was Kozuns goal to me. it was one of the prettiest plays of the night.
The Azevedo penalty shot attempt was weak as hell. one of the worst ive seen.
I still dont know what happened on the penalty to Providence that gave us the PP that led to the GWG. There was a stoppage and the next thing I knew the refs were sending Knackstedt to the box.
Zatkoff to me was shaky. He was very fortunate tonight on some bounces. both goals were stoppable. he did what he had to do. questionable to give him the 2nd star but whatever. ill take the 2 points and move on.
A Providence player was whistled for covering the puck in their crease, any Monarch on the ice at the time was eligible for the shot and Morris picked Kozun.

Good choice coach

Old
10-17-2010, 09:31 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
dang that sucks for him...

If you were there though, what happened on the 2-1 with Kozun and Moller (what would have been Kozun's 3rd goal) the radio broadcast made it sound like Kozun had breakaway and threw the puck across ice to Moller, making it a 2 on 1 and then Moller fed the puck back and Kozun had an almost totally open net? It was very confusing listening to it...
It sounded confusing probably because it happened so fast. It was a series of ping-pong passes with the final one from practically behind the goal line to Kozun. They had the goalie moving pretty good. It was a lot of fun to watch that goal.

Old
10-17-2010, 10:20 AM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
It sounded confusing probably because it happened so fast. It was a series of ping-pong passes with the final one from practically behind the goal line to Kozun. They had the goalie moving pretty good. It was a lot of fun to watch that goal.
That was fun to watch, no doubt it will be on the highlight reel at the Verizon.

I thought it was great that over 9k tickets were sold, kind of reminded me of the old days.

Old
10-17-2010, 12:08 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

I can't wait to get to my first Monarchs game this season! (which will be this saturday in Springfield) I live down Connecticut to so Manchester is a bit of hike for any random game. But i try to make it up a few times a year. I'm really excited about this years team!

Old
10-17-2010, 01:03 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
A Providence player was whistled for covering the puck in their crease, any Monarch on the ice at the time was eligible for the shot and Morris picked Kozun.

Good choice coach
I was talking about the 3rd period penalty that gave the Monarchs a PP. I knew what happened with the penalty shots

Old
10-17-2010, 04:06 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I was talking about the 3rd period penalty that gave the Monarchs a PP. I knew what happened with the penalty shots
The radio broadcast made it sound like a Monarchs player was skating to the bench for a line change and a Providence player shoved him from behind away from the play... The linesman was right there and saw the whole thing and made an interference call I believe.

Old
10-18-2010, 05:07 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

On paper Hickey looks to be having a not so good start to the season. 4gp, 0g 0a 0pts -5 6SOG.

For those who've seen him play, how has he looked so far?

Old
10-18-2010, 04:57 PM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
On paper Hickey looks to be having a not so good start to the season. 4gp, 0g 0a 0pts -5 6SOG.

He looks like he should be in the ECHL! He has been horrible!

Old
10-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Fangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkempy View Post
He's been that horrible? I guess we can only hope it's a mental thing resulting from being sent down and all..

Old
10-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkempy View Post
It seems like he's putting way too much pressure on himself to perform. We saw something similar from him back when he was the captain of Team Canada a couple years back.

It's an absolute shame that Hextall/Lombardi didn't add a veteran D-man as an AHL-based mentor for the kids on the blueline.

Old
10-18-2010, 10:45 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Ive only watched on game but TH didnt look that bad imo. He looked average. It looks like he is somewhat struggling for him but if you compare him to other players he is about average. Same thing happened to JB when he thought he had made the team.

He'll bounce back.

Old
10-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Couple things with Hickey to consider ...

- recall in the Lombardi interview he said they sent him back down to work on certain aspects of his game, it could be he's trying to hard to do what they want rather than just playing his style of game, give it more than a couple games in to tell.

- recall that our golden boy Bernier had similar horrible first few games after being sent back to Juniors. It could be mentally Hickey's mind is still thinking he should be in the NHL over Muzzin, again give it a few more games to work itself out before jumping the gun.

- has ANYONE looked overly impressive yet for the Monarchs ? they're less than a handful of games into the season ... let's wait 10-20 games in before calling him a bust yet again ... as even kkempy mentioned elsewhere that Hickey has played much better before, and most likely will again before too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
It's an absolute shame that Hextall/Lombardi didn't add a veteran D-man as an AHL-based mentor for the kids on the blueline.
Peter Harrold might be down there as soon as Greene comes back Healthy ?

Closed Thread