HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#5: Penguins @ Flyers - Saturday, Oct. 16, 2010 - 6:00 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2010, 02:04 AM
  #751
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Glad I missed the last period.. holy crap, what the hell caused the breakdown?

I swear, anytime a team or player is struggling... just have them play the Flyers, why do they seem to always break out of their bad streak against us?

Also, the Crosby sucks **** needs to stop, all it does is fire him up and make him play harder.

While I would agree with this for obvious reasons I really dont want Crosby to be known as the mn that "quieted the Philly crowd" thats so much more of a personal win then the various 2 points he's gotten off of our team. Although I would like the chant to go from "crosby sucks" then he scores, and the chant changes to "you still suck". Plus other then those 2 pp goals he really wasn't effective. Also if this post makes no sense I am drunk and about to get it in so i apologize in advance for any gramatical errors zaand the like.


I yelled at various pens fans today and **** san fransico!!!!! End rant.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 02:08 AM
  #752
2Claude2Giroux
Registered User
 
2Claude2Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lansdowne
Country: United States
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
you can tell Richards wanted to say something about tonites officiating but couldnt..
Can't believe what he said. He's just fueling them even more.

He comes off as a huge whiner here.

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 02:38 AM
  #753
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
you can tell Richards wanted to say something about tonites officiating but couldnt..

Yo its getting to him. The Pens. I really feel like he legit hates the **** out of them. But I'm glad he said something...I get tired of that cur card ******** rhetoric most nhl players do. Say some real ****. This is real ****. I'm sorry I like my sports honest and with plenty of hate and unnecessary cursing.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 03:13 AM
  #754
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity
 
ChumpyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Country: Sami
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Haven't watched the game yet, but I gotta say I love love LOVE the interview with Richie after ("I think I've given you enough quotes" ).

And wasn't it about this same time last season where our PP was just unstoppable, and it was "a bad thing"? Now our PP sucks ass. That to me seems to be a much worse thing. But what do I know?

edit: betcha all the naysayers from last season are absolutely pining for the PP we had to start last season.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 04:14 AM
  #755
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 12,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
waits for the
"ive lost all respect for Mike Richards after a comment like that" from the Penguins fans.

EDIT: I dont know why anyone should be suprised with the stick fouls. This has been going on for how long now? not just the lazy ones, but the stupid ones.
Your edit is exactly why most of us Pens fans focus on something completely different than the tired old "lost all respect for" business.
The longer Richards thinks that he - and the rest of the Flyers - are being persecuted rather than understanding that in the main he and others are simply playing undisciplined, the better if you're a Pens fan. Be it Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Carcillo - we've won a number of games in latter years pretty much exclusively because of rank stupidity from this or that Flyers player.

NB: I think Richards is great and would love to have him on our team.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 07:41 AM
  #756
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
People really believe that crosby plays better because of that stupid chant? He will play good regardless, that chant as no bearing on how he plays. So if they stop the chant(yes it is very dumb) will he then not play as hard?

I think Stevens kidnapped the coach and got plastic surgery to look like Lavy. That was a Stevens special last night.

Another lackluster effort, but hey it is only 1 game (waiting for that quote to reappear from a layer). A boring game in general. They are still such an undisciplined team. So tired of watching power play after powerplay. 5 on 5 hockey is a thing of thr past. They were not physical, didnt put any pressure on that sad sack pens d. IMO they still have that we dont have to play hard attitude and we can pull it out in the end. They still show no sense of urgency at all. This team was a shootout loss away from having major changes made. They continue to play like they have this first week, a major trade will happen.

I wish Richards would have taken a shot at the officials and the league. That was a perfect time, i understand why he didnt, just wish he did.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:17 AM
  #757
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
People really believe that crosby plays better because of that stupid chant? He will play good regardless, that chant as no bearing on how he plays. So if they stop the chant(yes it is very dumb) will he then not play as hard?

I think Stevens kidnapped the coach and got plastic surgery to look like Lavy. That was a Stevens special last night.

Another lackluster effort, but hey it is only 1 game (waiting for that quote to reappear from a layer). A boring game in general. They are still such an undisciplined team. So tired of watching power play after powerplay. 5 on 5 hockey is a thing of thr past. They were not physical, didnt put any pressure on that sad sack pens d. IMO they still have that we dont have to play hard attitude and we can pull it out in the end. They still show no sense of urgency at all. This team was a shootout loss away from having major changes made. They continue to play like they have this first week, a major trade will happen.

I wish Richards would have taken a shot at the officials and the league. That was a perfect time, i understand why he didnt, just wish he did.
They scored on the PP for the first time in ages. The first 2 periods were very solid. What the hell is your problem? In all the time I've seen you here you've NEVER had anything good to say, win or lose.

Richards did the smart thing because he would have been in big trouble if he'd have said anything about the officials. What part of that don't you get? You can't come out and say the officials suck because they're going to screw you over even more. He made it all about the Pens falling down a lot but if you read between the lines, you'll get it. What he didn't add was "the refs fell for it".

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:24 AM
  #758
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,944
vCash: 500
Lavi said he'd give the Richards-Carter tandem 5 games, give or take. I think he's got to see that it isn't working. The big problem is the Briere line isn't doing what it was in the playoffs. Leino is looking ordinary, Hartnell is better than he was last season but isn't where he was 2 seasons ago, Briere is still in playoff mode. Zherdev looks like he's never played the game before. Shelley...let's not even go there.

I'm glad Lavi put Richards and Carter together now, at the beginning of the season and with some points under the team's belt. Now he knows that Carter on the wing doesn't work. That's not a slam on Carter, he is a centre and that's where he's going to have to play. Briere and Roo both are great at centre offensively but pretty bad defensively. Roo is young and has room to improve but Briere is pretty much set in his ways. Carter and Richards need to have their own lines...the big question is who gets to play wing with them. If Gags was still here, I think Gags/Carter/Richards would have had a much better chance than whoever/Richards/Carter. Still, I think Richards is much more effective offensively at centre than on a wing.

Lavi is going to have to figure it out. He has to see that some shake ups are needed.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:27 AM
  #759
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
If Crosby fights Carcillo, maybe Ill fight Cooke.

hahaha
while the quote itself was funny, Richards should have stepped up and answered the bell. He puts a beat down on coooke the game maybe changes. After he turned him down the game changed in th epens favor.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:31 AM
  #760
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
while the quote itself was funny, Richards should have stepped up and answered the bell. He puts a beat down on coooke the game maybe changes. After he turned him down the game changed in th epens favor.
I don't like the way someone gets to challenge the captain like that and nothing is done about it. Maybe there is a reason to dress Carcillo after all.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:31 AM
  #761
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
They scored on the PP for the first time in ages. The first 2 periods were very solid. What the hell is your problem? In all the time I've seen you here you've NEVER had anything good to say, win or lose.

Richards did the smart thing because he would have been in big trouble if he'd have said anything about the officials. What part of that don't you get? You can't come out and say the officials suck because they're going to screw you over even more. He made it all about the Pens falling down a lot but if you read between the lines, you'll get it. What he didn't add was "the refs fell for it".
They played luckluster the whole game. The looked disinterested fanboy. I have many problems.

Wow he would have been in big trouble had he said anything about the officials. No milk and cookies for him. If you read what i wrote you can clearly see i understand why he didnt say anything. What part dont you get? You can come out and say anything you want if your willing to pay the consequences.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:33 AM
  #762
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
I don't like the way someone gets to challenge the captain like that and nothing is done about it. Maybe there is a reason to dress Carcillo after all.
Carcillo shoudl have been dressed regardless. You seen what the Pens lineup was and you sit him down. Wrong move.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:43 AM
  #763
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
They played luckluster the whole game. The looked disinterested fanboy. I have many problems.

Wow he would have been in big trouble had he said anything about the officials. No milk and cookies for him. If you read what i wrote you can clearly see i understand why he didnt say anything. What part dont you get? You can come out and say anything you want if your willing to pay the consequences.
Read what you wrote? I can't make out most of what you write. No milk and cookies? That's not exactly what I meant and you know it. If he complains about the officials, he's going to be penalized for every little thing, a la Alex Burrows. And if he did that you'd be *****ing because he complained about the officials. It's no win with you because you complain about every little thing.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:50 AM
  #764
CptCannon
Registered User
 
CptCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Any video clip of the Cooke vs. Richards incident?

Pens feed didn't show anything.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:51 AM
  #765
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Read what you wrote? I can't make out most of what you write. No milk and cookies? That's not exactly what I meant and you know it. If he complains about the officials, he's going to be penalized for every little thing, a la Alex Burrows. And if he did that you'd be *****ing because he complained about the officials. It's no win with you because you complain about every little thing.
You would be wrong. I would commend him for standing up and taking a stand because he has had enough of the crap that is constantly called. Bad comparision your making as well.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:51 AM
  #766
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Lavy really needs to switch up the lines.

JVR-Richards-Giroux
Hartnell/Carcillo/Nodl-Carter-Zherdev
Carcillo/Nodl/Hartnell-Briere-Leino

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 09:20 AM
  #767
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
while the quote itself was funny, Richards should have stepped up and answered the bell. He puts a beat down on coooke the game maybe changes. After he turned him down the game changed in th epens favor.
Are you kidding? Richards going with Cooke is a huge win for the Pens regardless of the outcome of the fight. If Richie wants to take Sid or Malkin off the ice with him, then it's a smart move. If Carcillo or Shelley wants to take Sid or Malkin off the ice, it's a huge win for the Flyers, regardless of the outcome of the fight because one of their best players sits for 5 minutes.

It would be incredibly stupid for Richards to fight Cooke.

CharlieGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 09:30 AM
  #768
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Are you kidding? Richards going with Cooke is a huge win for the Pens regardless of the outcome of the fight. If Richie wants to take Sid or Malkin off the ice with him, then it's a smart move. If Carcillo or Shelley wants to take Sid or Malkin off the ice, it's a huge win for the Flyers, regardless of the outcome of the fight because one of their best players sits for 5 minutes.

It would be incredibly stupid for Richards to fight Cooke.
No kidding it is a win getting Richards off the ice. Regardless of the outcome i totally disagree. He beats him down, the game probably changes imo. Other player see it and then you hope they step up their game. Sometimes you need to sacrifice for the greater good. Crosby and Malkin dont fight so a bad comparision, fighting is part of richards game, even if it is a small part.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 09:50 AM
  #769
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,890
vCash: 5792
Cooke won't fight anyways because he's not a fighter.

The Penguins prove time and time again that the more emotional the game, the more they feed off of it, and clearly more than we do. 4 of the last 5 times the Flyers have beaten the Penguins in the regular season, there was not a fight (and the other game was already decided). Wait until there is an opportunity at the end of the game, but Cooke still won't fight.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 10:05 AM
  #770
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
You would be wrong. I would commend him for standing up and taking a stand because he has had enough of the crap that is constantly called. Bad comparision your making as well.
You would ***** about him getting the Flyers in more penalty trouble because the refs would really go after them. You've never commended any Flyer or anything the Flyers have done, win or lose so why would that suddenly change? Your opinion is always negative no matter which player is involved.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 10:11 AM
  #771
CptCannon
Registered User
 
CptCannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
I'd been very fine with Richie fighting Cooke there.

Cooke got Richie off the ice anyway so doesn't matter if that two-mins-for-both ended up as five-mins-for-both.
With the extras being two minutes for instigating for Richards and Cooke to the locker room with bloodied face.

As a side note, I'm really really surprised no people are taking like any liberties on Crosby. Downie's kneelock being the very only thing coming to my mind right now.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:19 PM
  #772
Bevel*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Cooke won't fight anyways because he's not a fighter..
You don't know why you are talking about. Cooke had 6 fighting majors last year alone.

Bevel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 12:34 PM
  #773
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,930
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
while the quote itself was funny, Richards should have stepped up and answered the bell. He puts a beat down on coooke the game maybe changes. After he turned him down the game changed in th epens favor.
why should Richards fight Matt Cooke? He has nothing to gain from it. Cooke off the ice for 5 minutes, richards off the ice for 5 minutes=Huge advantage for Pittsburgh when the game is still on the line.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 01:05 PM
  #774
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,787
vCash: 50
There is a lot of negativity in here.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 01:06 PM
  #775
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
why should Richards fight Matt Cooke? He has nothing to gain from it. Cooke off the ice for 5 minutes, richards off the ice for 5 minutes=Huge advantage for Pittsburgh when the game is still on the line.
Some people still think a fight guarantees some huge momentum shift in your team's favor that will win a game....

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.