HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Pittsburgh Penguins "Talk About Our Merchandise" Thread

Old
06-05-2010, 06:30 PM
DJ Kariyaaa

vCash: 500
i'll try to remember as much as i can..

- legit stitched TK jersey
- autogrpahed TK pic
- autographed TK puck
- autographed Feds, Sykora, and Satan puck (ultimate fail.. i know)
- white Kunitz "name and number" t-shirt
- black Kennedy "name and number" t-shirt
- fitted new era pens hat
- 2009 white playoffs towel
- autographed goligoski picture
- autographed rupp picture
- autographed godard picture
- autographed kunitz picture
- free snap-back pens hat from a case of labatt blue
- autographed toby peterson picture
- autographed kris beech picture
- autographed hans johnsson picture

andddd

- autographed mario wales conference all-star game card

DJ Kariyaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 08:56 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Did anyone go to today's Pen's station moving day sale? 40% inventory.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 10:12 PM
SomeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Did anyone go to today's Pen's station moving day sale? 40% inventory.
My buddy's girlfriend went today around 10:30 and ended up leaving because the line was wrapped around the arena.

I went late, only an hour before they closed, so a lot of stuff was gone but there were still some nice deals. I got a Brooks jersey t-shirt and some random pictures for less then $20. The "equipment" sale was at a different gate and almost everything was gone by the time I got there except some awesome Nathan Smith sticks and a Michael Handzus...who must have left it after a game?

My highlight was finding an autographed Alain Nasreddine jersey (it's a long story, but Nazy is a hero to me and my friends.) The good thing about going late is that they're much more flexible on their prices so I picked it up for a steal. Also they had name tags from the locker room and only Michael Rozsival was left when I was there, I thought it would be something kind of cool to have around but not for the $15 it was marked as, then a lady told me she'd give it to me for 2 bucks. I couldn't pass it up.

I'm a sucker for terrible past Penguins players so I can only imagine what kind of memorabilia they had earlier in the day, considering they had that Rozsival plate kicking around for almost a decade, but I wasn't going to wait 6 hours to find out.

Either way it was a pretty decent experience and at least I got to say goodbye to the old barn for the last time.

Last edited by SomeDude: 06-05-2010 at 10:49 PM.
SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDude View Post
a Michael Handzus...who must have left it after a game?
Willing to sell the Handzuš stick?

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 10:41 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 70
Yeah I actually was going to ask if anyone went to that Pens Station Moving Day Sale. Was it just on today or has it been on for a few days? Were they selling those Trib Total Media frames for the commemorative Mellon Arena tickets? How was it's selection of player "name and number" tshirts? I've never been to the 'Burgh for a Pens game so I've always wondered about that Pens Station store and what neat goodies it has....or had now I should say.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2010, 10:44 PM
SomeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Willing to sell the Handzuš stick?
I didn't buy it, I just thought it was funny that they had one of his sticks.

Old
06-05-2010, 10:48 PM
SomeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Yeah I actually was going to ask if anyone went to that Pens Station Moving Day Sale. Was it just on today or has it been on for a few days? Were they selling those Trib Total Media frames for the commemorative Mellon Arena tickets? How was it's selection of player "name and number" tshirts? I've never been to the 'Burgh for a Pens game so I've always wondered about that Pens Station store and what neat goodies it has....or had now I should say.
The actual Pen Station sale started yesterday, I believe, but the game used equipment wasn't out until today. I didn't see any of the frames, but as I said I got there very late so if they had any it's likely they sold out. They have every player on the roster for the player t-shirts, but were running low on some of the more popular players. Plenty of Ponikarovskys, though.

They had a couple random Gill and Sydor jerseys laying around that I almost bought for laughs since they were only like $40 with all the discounts, but I decided against it...and probably rightfully so.

Old
06-05-2010, 11:04 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
The actual Pen Station sale started yesterday, I believe, but the game used equipment wasn't out until today. I didn't see any of the frames, but as I said I got there very late so if they had any it's likely they sold out. They have every player on the roster for the player t-shirts, but were running low on some of the more popular players. Plenty of Ponikarovskys, though.

They had a couple random Gill and Sydor jerseys laying around that I almost bought for laughs since they were only like $40 with all the discounts, but I decided against it...and probably rightfully so.
Damn now I really wish I could visit or could have visited Pens Station. Even though I have a bazillion "name and number" tshirts for more popular Penguin players.....I've always wanted "name and number" tshirts with Cooke's, Gonchar's, and Godard's names and numbers on them. Really wish Shop.NHL.com had more of a selection and not always just Sid, Geno, Staal, etc. Sigh.

Out of curiousity do they have or have they ever had Penguins "name and number" tshirts for Mario, Jagr, or both? I've sadly never seen any on Shop.NHL.com and have always wondered if Reebok made tshirts for those guys. I assume yes for Mario but have always wondered about Jags.

Old
06-05-2010, 11:11 PM
SomeDude

Quote:
Damn now I really wish I could visit or could have visited Pens Station. Even though I have a bazillion "name and number" tshirts for more popular Penguin players.....I've always wanted "name and number" tshirts with Cooke's, Gonchar's, and Godard's names and numbers on them. Really wish Shop.NHL.com had more of a selection and not always just Sid, Geno, Staal, etc. Sigh..
I'm not sure, but I believe you can call and order stuff directly from Pen Station. I don't know if they're going to be open any more, but next year when the new arena opens you can try.

Also, try ebay.

Quote:

Out of curiousity do they have or have they ever had Penguins "name and number" tshirts for Mario, Jagr, or both? I've sadly never seen any on Shop.NHL.com and have always wondered if Reebok made tshirts for those guys. I assume yes for Mario but have always wondered about Jags.
I think I remember seeing a bunch of Cup era shirts like that with Mario, Coffey, etc., but I can't remember if Jagr was included. Also, it's possible I never saw them and I dreamed it. So, I can't really help you there.

Last edited by SomeDude: 06-05-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old
06-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
I didn't buy it, I just thought it was funny that they had one of his sticks.
Damn. Thanks anyways.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 02:35 AM
Dylonus

hmmm

-Ive got Malkin, Crosby(in black, blue, and green) Fleury jersey shirts (if thats what you wanna call them!)
-Crosby baby blue jersey
-Fleury hoodie (if like the shirts are, but its GREEN! St Patty's day rocks )
-Signed puck from Flower
-t-shirt and white towel from this year's playoffs
-Pens hat (almost identical to the one metalhead showed)
-a picture my soon to be mother-in-law bought me of the team photo after winning last year's cup
-an old away jersey they wore the year they won the first cup

I've got other junk, but i cant think of things too well right now. its 3:35 a.m. so cut me some slack

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 03:53 AM
KaylaJ
I like stories

the jerseys are from the seasons they were used, not exactly meaning the player was still around

also, i have pics of most of these things, but they're not all together so i'll limit those

-mario signed puck
-hrdina signed puck
-Crosby shersey
-Malkin hoodie sweater
-current home Fleury
-the 91-92 home Cup jersey, its not tagged in anyway so i could make it whatever season i want
-93-00 home/pigeon Jagr jersey with no A or C
-the diagonal away jersey with no name
-96-02 alternate road jersey/grey sleeves/jammies Jan Hrdina
-00-07 alternate home/vegas gold Jagr with C

a penguins bear:

various SIs
Mario's book, Sid's rookie book
game 7 2009 SCF program
that year of the penguin book
SC dvd
top 10 games dvd
vcr tapes of various pens games
a mini crosby jersey
some watch my mom bought from avon with the pens logo on it
various tshirts
some hats:

non penguins stuff/etc
straka czech jersey
montreal ala 93 jersey
belfour stars home jersey
rangers ala 94 jersey
some god awful st louis blues jersey, think 96ish
LA all star jersey, world side
kings practice jersey ala 93
lots of 90s cards
NHL guide books going back to the 80s
various other hockey related books, a few pictured here

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Dylonus

A legit penguins fan who is a lady!?

zomg! HF is going to explode

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2010, 12:51 PM

I have way to much stuff to list but my prizes are rookie Lemieux and Recchi sticks. I have them mounted on the wall of my kitchen.

I also have about 400-500 games on DVD dating back to '69 so if anyone is looking to trade I'm always looking for more. Badly looking for this years home opener. Went to the game but I live in Jersey and it gets black out because they played the Rangers.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2010, 09:44 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

more stuff to add:

jerseys:
Penguins Recchi 90-91 away jersey
Penguins Fleury RBK home jersey
Canadiens Recchi mid 90s home jersey. (ended up receiving this instead of the Penguins Recchi jersey listed above. Told the seller I was sent the wrong jersey. He told me to keep it since they weren't selling in his store and until he paid for shipping, he'd break even at best. Ended up sending me the correct jersey a week or so later)
St. Georges Garaga (LNAH) jersey - black, unnumbered
AK Bars jersey - Green, #77, Benda
AK Bars jersey - White, #4, Lecavalier
Vancouver Canucks - Bure, 97/98, ASG and Game ONe patches, possibly game worn (just ordered)

Bobbleheads:
Penguins Straka
Penguins Ulf
Penguins Fleury w/yellow pads
Chicago Wolves Robbie Brown
Altoona Curve Mario Lemieux
J-town Chiefs Jeff Sullivan
Penguins Mario Lemieux mini (3") bobblehead
Colorado Avs Patrick Roy mini (3") bobblehead

Slap Shot/Johnstown-related stuff:
UK movie poster, signed by 18 cast members. Probably my most prized hockey possession that I won't part with.
Australian movie poster, unsigned
US movie poster, signed by all three Hansons
Team photo signed by several cast members
Chiefs, Bulldogs, Ducks pucks
"Slap Shot Live" pennant. I'm guessing this was part of an ice show inspired by the movie. I can't find any sort of info on it. The characters on the pennant look like a 70s cartoonish version of the Hansons.
Several Slap Shot books, including an original pressing.
Slap Shot VHS tape (US, UK, and French)
Slap Shot :30 radio promo on reel to reel, with box
Slap Shot laser disc. I'd like to find a better version of it since the box I have is beat up in one corner.
Charlestown Chiefs jersey - blue, unnumbered, signed by Hansons
Charlestown Chiefs jersey - black practice, unnumbered, CCM logo on front, received during cast reunion
Johnstown Chiefs jersey - black, mid 90s
Johnstown Chiefs pennant - 89-90 season, replica signed by the team
Johnstown Red Wings giveaway stick. Full size wood stick with red plastic blade. Probably the only one left in existence.
about 20 Johnstown Red Wings programs. I'd love to complete the collection, but I have no idea where to look. I actually fell into the programs by accident from an ebay seller trying to get rid of stuff. He said he'd sell for $2 each, but if I wanted the whole collection, he'd sell for $25.
J-town Red Wings pucks, each with different sponsor logos on back
J-town Jets game used puck. Based on the logo, I'm guessing it's from the '60s
J-town Jets programs. I used to have about 5 or 6 of these, but I gave one to my mom's stepdad. He played for the team in the mid 50s and he always talked about his collection of clippings, pictures, etc from when he played. He mentioned one day that he never had a chance to get much from johnstown, so I gave him the one program I had with his name in it.

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 08:46 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Just grabbed on Ebay....

- A "First Game @ The Consol Energy Center" commemorative aluminum ticket.

Sure, it sucks that we lost that game to the Criers but hey. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) the CEC will be home to some great Penguins hockey memories in time. Look at the Mellon for example. As historic as it was and as much as we loved that old barn, really it wasn't until Mario and Jags came along (as well others like Ron Francis, Paul Coffey, Sid, Staalzy, Geno, etc.) that the everlasting Penguins hockey memories began to carve themselves into our team's as well as hockey in general's history. Eventually the good times at the CEC will come folks. I'm sure of it.

Will be purchasing from Amazon.ca tomorrow:

- A copy of "Total Penguins: The Definitive Encyclopedia of the Pittsburgh Penguins" by Rick Buker.

Old
10-14-2010, 10:02 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
My favorite (new) memorabilia -

(2) Last Game @ Mellon commemorative ticket + game ticket + program
(2) First Game @ Console commemorative ticket + game ticket + program

To me, having the program and game ticket makes that all the more special. I will put mine in a frame eventually and it'll hang in my office. My other set i have no clue. Probably put it up on ebay as the people I went with didn't really care (i have nooo clue why) about the tickets.

Hopefully I can live long enough to have a last game @ Console and first game @ Sidney Crosby Arena.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:07 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjs View Post
more stuff to add:

jerseys:
Penguins Recchi 90-91 away jersey
Penguins Fleury RBK home jersey
Canadiens Recchi mid 90s home jersey. (ended up receiving this instead of the Penguins Recchi jersey listed above. Told the seller I was sent the wrong jersey. He told me to keep it since they weren't selling in his store and until he paid for shipping, he'd break even at best. Ended up sending me the correct jersey a week or so later)
St. Georges Garaga (LNAH) jersey - black, unnumbered
AK Bars jersey - Green, #77, Benda
AK Bars jersey - White, #4, Lecavalier
Vancouver Canucks - Bure, 97/98, ASG and Game ONe patches, possibly game worn (just ordered)

Bobbleheads:
Penguins Straka
Penguins Ulf
Penguins Fleury w/yellow pads
Chicago Wolves Robbie Brown
Altoona Curve Mario Lemieux
J-town Chiefs Jeff Sullivan
Penguins Mario Lemieux mini (3") bobblehead
Colorado Avs Patrick Roy mini (3") bobblehead

Slap Shot/Johnstown-related stuff:
UK movie poster, signed by 18 cast members. Probably my most prized hockey possession that I won't part with.
Australian movie poster, unsigned
US movie poster, signed by all three Hansons
Team photo signed by several cast members
Chiefs, Bulldogs, Ducks pucks
"Slap Shot Live" pennant. I'm guessing this was part of an ice show inspired by the movie. I can't find any sort of info on it. The characters on the pennant look like a 70s cartoonish version of the Hansons.
Several Slap Shot books, including an original pressing.
Slap Shot VHS tape (US, UK, and French)
Slap Shot :30 radio promo on reel to reel, with box
Slap Shot laser disc. I'd like to find a better version of it since the box I have is beat up in one corner.
Charlestown Chiefs jersey - blue, unnumbered, signed by Hansons
Charlestown Chiefs jersey - black practice, unnumbered, CCM logo on front, received during cast reunion
Johnstown Chiefs jersey - black, mid 90s
Johnstown Chiefs pennant - 89-90 season, replica signed by the team
Johnstown Red Wings giveaway stick. Full size wood stick with red plastic blade. Probably the only one left in existence.
about 20 Johnstown Red Wings programs. I'd love to complete the collection, but I have no idea where to look. I actually fell into the programs by accident from an ebay seller trying to get rid of stuff. He said he'd sell for $2 each, but if I wanted the whole collection, he'd sell for $25.
J-town Red Wings pucks, each with different sponsor logos on back
J-town Jets game used puck. Based on the logo, I'm guessing it's from the '60s
J-town Jets programs. I used to have about 5 or 6 of these, but I gave one to my mom's stepdad. He played for the team in the mid 50s and he always talked about his collection of clippings, pictures, etc from when he played. He mentioned one day that he never had a chance to get much from johnstown, so I gave him the one program I had with his name in it.

I'm very pissed you don't have a Johnstown Chiefs Junior jersey signed by yours truly - ColePens. True J-town fans have that "gem".

I played for the Chiefs when I was a junior in high school. Probably one of my favorite teams of all time. Driving 2 hours each night for practice sucked. Luckily gas was still cheap(er) than it is now.

Old
10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Biz Nasty
Cooke 4 Lady Byng

I have too much memorabilia to even count, but I'll do my jerseys

- Plain 1992 White Jersey (signed by the ol' 29er after the 2nd cup)
- Plain mid 90's 3rd Jersey (signed by Kasparaitis, Pronger, Barnes, Dome, Morozov, Robby Brown, Straka, Ian Moran, Skudra, Nedved, Leroux, and a few others I can't remember off hand)
- Tomas Sandstrom mid 90's home jersey
- Patrick Lalime mid 90's away jersey with the "Pittsburgh" down the front
- Tom Barrasso 1992 Home Jersey
- Bob Errey 1992 Home Jersey
- Colby Armstrong 2006-2007 Home Jersey (signed)
- Colby Armstrong 2007-2008 Home Jersey
- Colby Armstrong Team Canada Jersey
- Paul Bissonnette 2008-2009 Home Jersey
- Craig Adams 2008-2009 Home Jersey

ordering at some point this year-
Tangradi, Asham, Timmy Wallace WB/S Jersey

Biz Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2010, 10:18 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz Nasty View Post
I have too much memorabilia to even count, but I'll do my jerseys

- Plain 1992 White Jersey (signed by the ol' 29er after the 2nd cup)
- Plain mid 90's 3rd Jersey (signed by Kasparaitis, Pronger, Barnes, Dome, Morozov, Robby Brown, Straka, Ian Moran, Skudra, Nedved, Leroux, and a few others I can't remember off hand)
- Tomas Sandstrom mid 90's home jersey
- Patrick Lalime mid 90's away jersey with the "Pittsburgh" down the front
- Tom Barrasso 1992 Home Jersey
- Bob Errey 1992 Home Jersey
- Colby Armstrong 2006-2007 Home Jersey (signed)
- Colby Armstrong 2007-2008 Home Jersey
- Colby Armstrong Team Canada Jersey
- Paul Bissonnette 2008-2009 Home Jersey
- Craig Adams 2008-2009 Home Jersey

ordering at some point this year-
Tangradi, Asham, Timmy Wallace WB/S Jersey
I love that you go with some crazy player jerseys. It doesn't pay off, but you are almost guaranteed to be the only guy in the arena w/ some of these jerseys.

If you get bored, take some pics. I'm dying to see the Sandstrom and Lalime.

Old
10-14-2010, 11:03 PM
Biz Nasty
Cooke 4 Lady Byng

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I love that you go with some crazy player jerseys. It doesn't pay off, but you are almost guaranteed to be the only guy in the arena w/ some of these jerseys.

If you get bored, take some pics. I'm dying to see the Sandstrom and Lalime.
Thanks. I've always had a soft spot for pluggers so as much as I love Mario, Sid, etc, I get more enjoyment out of wearing the Biz Nasty or the Adams jersey than a star guy. Plus it's hilarious to see some of the bandwagon/puck bunny fans react to seeing the Lalime jersey...the questions I get are unreal

I attached a picture of the Lalime jersey, I'll dig up the Sandstrom next time I'm home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo on 2010-10-14 at 23.56.jpg‎ (63.4 KB, 5 views)

Biz Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2010, 12:16 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
My favorite (new) memorabilia -

(2) Last Game @ Mellon commemorative ticket + game ticket + program
(2) First Game @ Console commemorative ticket + game ticket + program

To me, having the program and game ticket makes that all the more special. I will put mine in a frame eventually and it'll hang in my office. My other set i have no clue. Probably put it up on ebay as the people I went with didn't really care (i have nooo clue why) about the tickets.

Hopefully I can live long enough to have a last game @ Console and first game @ Sidney Crosby Arena.
Damn...you say this last night literally after I just bought a First Game @ The Consol ticket off of Ebay from someone else.

Or by "set" did you mean you will be putting up one of your "Last Game @ The Mellon" tickets + a "First Game At The CEC" ticket in a combined bundle?

I'll have both kinds of tickets now so I can't help ya but was just wondering. You should have told me sooner.

Funny Fact: I left a comment on Wendell August Forge's Facebook page asking them if they would consider making a ticket to commemorate the Winter Classic (since it'll be played in Pittsburgh) and they told me it was a "great idea" and to "stay tuned."

Perhaps a 3rd ticket will be in the works?

Old
10-17-2010, 08:49 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

more stuff to add:

Dupuis Easton Synergy skates, dating back to when he played for the Wild
Gonchar shells, picked them up off of ebay for $50

<--- and one of my favorite recent purchases
#4 Simon Despres Rookie Camp jersey from 2009

iamjs is offline   Reply With Quote