This is exactly the problem, and it's not registering with you. Yeah, Chuck Kobasew having a good game is worthy of discussion, but it's not worth opening an entirely new thread for to announce that he got two goals. We have a stickied thread for "Everything Lowell Lock Monster." Maybe some contributions would encourage others to get it going again. You seem to feel the constant urge to open up a brand new thread, everytime an idea pops into your head. (Another poster was getting to be the same way, but seems to have taken the hint.)
Maybe this is a good time to get some things out in the open to clear the air. (This isn't directed specifically at one particular member. If it applies to you, think about it.)
* The Oilers board gets more traffic. Simple as that. Quit crying about it.
* If you absolutely must start a new thread, focus on making it a quality thread.
* Don't even think about starting another thread to complain about the moderation.
* Don't start theads about your fantasy league team or try to organize a league. Another board is available for those purposes.
* If you open up a thead, and it receives a low number of replies and views, there's probably a good reason.
* Posting the word, "official" in a thread title doesn't score you extra points. Similarly, it's not necessary to place the word, "thread" in the title - it's obvious that it's a thread.
* Use caution when posting copyrighted material.
* We've managed to survive without NHL hockey. A great many of our regular posters have not been stopping by, as a consequence.
My M.O. is to take a laissez-faire approach to this board, and just let it fly. Lately, there have been too many complaints: "an Oilers fan is hurting my feelings," "the Oilers board gets more traffic than we do," "threads are getting locked out/deleted." Also, it is not fun to have get to a situation, where bans are necessary. The irony is that this is starting to require more extra time than when there last was NHL hockey, and this is only due to the behavior of a few individuals. This is a simple request to tone it down. If it continues the way things are now, things might start to get different around here.
We have some decent threads already on this board. Apparently, the "almost Flames" thread was popular enough, that other boards picked up on the idea.
Last edited by Badger Bob: 05-09-2005 at 09:43 AM.