HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

38th Obsequious Banter Thread: The unnamed one

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Ok, the next time I see her, I know you're probably going to think I'm stupid, I'm going to ask if she would even date me, even though I know she doesn't want to till she graduates. Pretty much to be straight forward. Or do you think that isn't fair to ask her?
It won't matter. If she's not ready to date you NOW, if she gives you a time frame a few years down the road.. she's just hoping you move on.

Old
10-17-2010, 11:40 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Nevermind. I'll just keep all this **** to myself.
(fist pump)

Old
10-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Terence Peterman

David Akers came into work yesterday. He's a built mother****er...he was wearing a jacket, and you could still see.

Old
10-17-2010, 12:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I've found more often than not, the guy is better friends with the non-g/f girl than she is with you.

Wait 4 years?

It's entirely possible something happens in 4 years (I've seen it happen - twice), but that won't be without seeing other people.

Last edited by GKJ: 10-17-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old
10-17-2010, 12:38 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

I didn't want to get in on this whole relationship issue, but c'mon none of us actually know the situation.

This girl could actually dig him and just be testing him or legit busy. On the other hand, she could be deflecting him because she doesn't want to break his heart. Honestly, it's not for us to make assumptions and decide for the kid. Let him figure it out on his own, heartbreak is part of life. The sooner it happens, the better because the first time is pretty damn hard.

Old
10-17-2010, 02:29 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I didn't want to get in on this whole relationship issue, but c'mon none of us actually know the situation.

This girl could actually dig him and just be testing him or legit busy. On the other hand, she could be deflecting him because she doesn't want to break his heart. Honestly, it's not for us to make assumptions and decide for the kid. Let him figure it out on his own, heartbreak is part of life. The sooner it happens, the better because the first time is pretty damn hard.
I've been sort of heartbroken before, but the difference now, is that I probably don't care as much about anything else as much as her. I mean, I love my computer, I love my sports and so on, but I mean, yeah...

And I don't know if I mentioned this, but when I say I know that she's studying is because for one, she doesn't ********, and two, she's heavily under pressure and the under the thumb of her parents. Her parents are crazy strict about this ****.

Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 10-17-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
I've been sort of heartbroken before, but the difference now, is that I probably don't care as much about anything else as much as her. I mean, I love my computer, I love my sports and so on, but I mean, yeah...

And I don't know if I mentioned this, but when I say I know that she's studying is because for one, she doesn't ********, and two, she's heavily under pressure and the under the thumb of her parents. Her parents are crazy strict about this ****.
She doesn't what?

Old
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
She doesn't what?
BS if I put it that way.

Old
10-17-2010, 03:08 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
BS if I put it that way.
I really don't know why you continue to post about this situation since you refuse to take anyone's advice unless it blindly supports your own personal agenda.

All I hear from you is excuses and complaints, it is pathetic.

Try reading the last 20 pages or so of the OBT, listen to yourself and realize why it is this girl has ABSOLUTLEY NO interest in dating you.

News flash: It is because you sound like a woman and she probably isn't a lesbian.

All you have ever done with and for this girl has sounded like two girls hanging out, you have done nothing to ever assert yourself as a man or as someone that would be desirable for her. This is especially troubling because, according to you, she has dated nothing but '*******s'. Guys are usually labeled as *******s for being too masculine, which is obviously what she looks for in a guy. So, as I suggested, you need to be grow a pair if you ever want a chance with this girl.

Old
10-17-2010, 03:57 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I really don't know why you continue to post about this situation since you refuse to take anyone's advice unless it blindly supports your own personal agenda.

Try reading the last 20 pages or so of the OBT, listen to yourself and realize why it is this girl has ABSOLUTLEY NO interest in dating you.

News flash: It is because you sound like a woman and she probably isn't a lesbian.

All you have ever done with and for this girl has sounded like two girls hanging out, you have done nothing to ever assert yourself as a man or as someone that would be desirable for her. This is especially troubling because, according to you, she has dated nothing but '*******s'. Guys are usually labeled as *******s for being too masculine, which is obviously what she looks for in a guy. So, as I suggested, you need to be grow a pair if you ever want a chance with this girl.
Solid, the fact that this conversation is still going on shows you have ZERO confidence in your whole situation. Which is why things aren't probably going the way you want it to. Girls pick up on that stuff.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:09 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
This has been the single worst OBT topic OF ALL TIME.

Ill take mac vs pc all ****ing day over SS's 9th grade relationship nonsense. Holy butt ****ing jesus ****ing christ.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:13 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post

Ill take mac vs pc all ****ing day over SS's 9th grade relationship nonsense. Holy butt ****ing jesus ****ing christ.
So, is the EASHL team kind of done at this point? I haven't seen anyone on for almost 2 weeks.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:34 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Man, I have a lot of new anime episodes to watch.

Old
10-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post

^
This is kind of what I wanted to say, but I'm too nice.

SS, here is Eric Roberts with some advice on how to treat a woman:

You get your coat on, fast. And you don't say goodnight to nobody, you understand me?

Old
10-17-2010, 05:04 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
^
This is kind of what I wanted to say, but I'm too nice.

SS, here is Eric Roberts with some advice on how to treat a woman:

You get your coat on, fast. And you don't say goodnight to nobody, you understand me?
Ummm... 'kay?

Also, does anyone have an exact date to when Doctor Who will start the new season?

Old
10-17-2010, 05:06 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Sorry man, it's harsh, but it's happened to pretty much every straight guy. When a girl says, "I'm too busy to date right now", it universally means that she just doesn't want to date you.

I mean, it happened to me in HS, "I don't want to date anybody in HS" and a few months later, she's dating someone else. You just deal with it and move on.

Sure it sucks, but hey, that's life, just gotta keep going.

Old
10-17-2010, 05:26 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Anyone who recently got married, what is a good price to pay for the "save the dates" (just paper ones, no magnets or anything like that)? My fiance and I have found everything from like $40 per 100 to $3 or $4 dollars a piece. We aren't looking to break the bank and we are inviting 185 people. If anyone on here knows a good price (or a good place to get them) let me know!

Old
10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Sorry man, it's harsh, but it's happened to pretty much every straight guy. When a girl says, "I'm too busy to date right now", it universally means that she just doesn't want to date you.

I mean, it happened to me in HS, "I don't want to date anybody in HS" and a few months later, she's dating someone else. You just deal with it and move on.

Sure it sucks, but hey, that's life, just gotta keep going.
Haha. Amen to that. My friend is in the EXACT same scenario right now and I'm trying to explain to him that it means she doesn't want to date him and he is in absolute and complete denial and there is no reasoning with him. So he continues to be her "friend" and obsess over her, while she goes out to the bar every weekend without him, almost certainly hooking up with at least one person in the last month that this has been going on. When a dude is in love, he puts the blinders off and doesn't take them off until they are knocked off.

Old
10-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Anyone who recently got married, what is a good price to pay for the "save the dates" (just paper ones, no magnets or anything like that)? My fiance and I have found everything from like $40 per 100 to $3 or $4 dollars a piece. We aren't looking to break the bank and we are inviting 185 people. If anyone on here knows a good price (or a good place to get them) let me know!
How isn't the bank being broken on anything you guys choose with 185 people?

Old
10-17-2010, 06:45 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I wouldn't be spending a lot of money on them - most people will look at them, but won't keep them. Put the money towards the actual invitation.

My daughter did her own - she found a background for the theme of the wedding (it happened to be a specialized tartan), and had them printed out on glossy photo paper. They looked great and cost about $0.20 each, I believe.

You can also find kits at Walmart or a craft store that will let you design your own with their paper/design, and they're a whole lot cheaper than having them printed - depending on how much free time you can manage.

Old
10-17-2010, 11:01 PM
TheLegendkiller

Legit though in high school if you're not a jock or a ********* girls typically wont be interested. I know it ****ing sucks...its happened to me so many times. Don't worry though college is much better and girls have done alot of maturing. Also walking around campus like you're ****ing Captain Cannon like I do seems to work pretty well too.

Old
10-18-2010, 09:59 AM
McNasty

SS, don't take what these guys are saying too personally but they are right. We have all had that situation where we keep telling ourselves it will work out, and it doesn't. JL is partially right about confidence, I think he got it from that movie with Ryan Reynolds and the ghetto applebees restaurant, but solid advice nonetheless. I would say the more you push her on dating you the more you shoot yourself in the foot. She might really not want to date anyone, or she might really just not want to date you but pressuring her isn't the best way to find out. The point everyone here is trying to make is if she wanted to date you she would, it's not to say she might not one day be interested but right now she isn't. Everyone's been there at least once, and the best thing you can do is take a step back, collect yourself, and move on. It might work out, it might not, but the only thing that comes from all the waiting is more time wasted.

Old
10-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post

I'm with you.

I know absolutely nothing about this girl, just like every one else here knows nothing, she's either stringing you along or she really doesn't want to date.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 10-18-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Old
10-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Man, I have a lot of new anime episodes to watch.
Quote:
Also, does anyone have an exact date to when Doctor Who will start the new season?
This is why she will never ******* you and enjoys spending her time with worthless d-bags.

And, if she is geeky like that, geekiness is probably a trait that she looks for in girlfriends/friends and obviously not something that she looks for in the d-bags that she dates... who probably wear backwards "Tap Out" baseball caps.

Old
10-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Flyskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
How isn't the bank being broken on anything you guys choose with 185 people?
Indeed. I've been married twice (widowed once). Never used "Save the date" notices.

First wedding was 100 guests. The second was this summer with 60 guests. That's 25 less combined.

Closed Thread