HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hooliganism by Ranger Fans

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2010, 01:33 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
The Leaf fan reached out to me and told a different story. He told me Ranger fans were throwing things at his wife? Is that true? If so, that's unacceptable. If the guy is being a jerk call an usher. Under no circumstance should beer or anything else be thrown at another person.

Once you put your hands on someone you open yourself to an assault charge. I would take that as a sobering thought.
The leaf fan is wrong. I was in section 306 and saw exactly what was going on, I saw someone in a Leafs jersey standing up during play after the 3rd goal screaming and pointing at those around him. That seems to me like he's asking for trouble.

10-17-2010, 01:35 PM
mhurley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamRanger View Post
First, I don't buy the whole visitor coming in, we can act like a total animal towards him excuse. Someone mentioned that the same thing would happen to us if we went to a Philly game. Really? We are now comparing ourselves to Flyers fans?

Bottom line is anytime we visit an arena wearing the Rangers gear we are heckled but not harassed. Visiting other arenas has been a total treat and I am glad those fans don't do to us what we do to them when they come to the World's Most Famous Arena.

People who act like total morons are not Rangers fans at all. If they were they would be concentrating on their own team, not fans of the others.

Ok, even if I were to swallow this "the-visitor-fans-asked-for-it" kool-aid, what is the justification for calling the most passionate Ranger fan in MSG homophobic remarks? Everyone knows what I am talking about.
Bravo. Well said. I have been to Detroit, Buffalo, Montreal, Washington and LA wearing the team gear/jerseys and have never been hassled or persecuted for doing so.

I had a very unpleasant experience in Swamp during the Rangers playoffs in 06. A Devill fan was being obstreperous to the point of abusiveness. I went to an usher and had him removed.

No one should condone or put up with abuse.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:39 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Bravo. Well said. I have been to Detroit, Buffalo, Montreal, Washington and LA wearing the team gear/jerseys and have never been hassled or persecuted for doing so.

I had a very unpleasant experience in Swamp during the Rangers playoffs in 06. A Devill fan was being obstreperous to the point of abusiveness. I went to an usher and had him removed.

No one should condone or put up with abuse.
It depends on your personal experience. I had a much different encounter in Montreal and Toronto, to the point I was physically touched. I complained to an usher who didn't seem to care.

You can't make generalizations that this only happens at MSG because it doesn't. Passionate fan bases will always have these drunken idiots.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:39 PM
mhurley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
The leaf fan is wrong. I was in section 306 and saw exactly what was going on, I saw someone in a Leafs jersey standing up during play after the 3rd goal screaming and pointing at those around him. That seems to me like he's asking for trouble.
Man in 408 was not wearing a Leaf jersey!

You must be talking about the Leaf fan I saw that was all bloodied after the game. No matter what he said or did, people should keep their hands to themselves or they'll end up in court or worse, jail.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:40 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:

You must be talking about the Leaf fan I saw that was all bloodied after the game. No matter what he said or did, people should keep their hands to themselves or they'll end up in court or worse, jail.
Well then the man is lying, or it was someone else. Because I distinctly saw a single leafs jersey in Section 408, next to Sam and JD's booth.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:42 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
The Leaf fan reached out to me and told a different story. He told me Ranger fans were throwing things at his wife? Is that true? If so, that's unacceptable. If the guy is being a jerk call an usher. Under no circumstance should beer or anything else be thrown at another person.

Once you put your hands on someone you open yourself to an assault charge. I would take that as a sobering thought.
oh suprise suprise

Old
10-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:

You don't know what he did to have that happen to him.

Go ahead and make a apologistic thread on the Leafs forum for all of this.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Some here act like it's all the Rangers fans fault that this all goes on. Obviously the Leafs fans gotta be doing something to instigate some of it too...

Old
10-17-2010, 01:47 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Did you actually see a Ranger fan assault a Leafs fan? How do you know it wasn't the other way around and the Rangers fan was just defending themselves? How do you know he didn't get in a fight with his Canadian buddy who just found out he had been cheating on his girlfriend? How do you know he didn't trip on his shoe lace and fall down the stairs? (Ok, a stretch) But you get my point, how do you know it was a Ranger fan who started it?

Old
10-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Did you actually see a Ranger fan assault a Leafs fan? How do you know it wasn't the other way around and the Rangers fan was just defending themselves? How do you know he didn't get in a fight with his Canadian buddy who just found out he had been cheating on his girlfriend? How do you know he didn't trip on his shoe lace and fall down the stairs? (Ok, a stretch) But you get my point, how do you know it was a Ranger fan who started it?
That's what I don't get. It just seems like his opinion is towards everything is the Rangers fans. The Leafs fan could of started all of it and just ended up having someone's fist left on his face. If that's the case, that doesn't mean the Leaf fan is innocent like this this thread makes it seem.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:53 PM
McRanger

Quote:
I wouldn't say its a stretch. I have seen more people injured at sporting events through drunken stupidity than anything else by a wide margin. I have lost count of the amount of drunks I have seen stumbling/falling down stairs. It outnumbers the amount of fist fights I have seen by probably more than 10 to 1.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:57 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
What does it matter "who started it" we're in our house so there is no need to feel threatened and retaliate with fists. Quite frankly there isn't much reason to say anything other than "Boo!! LEAFS SUCK!!!" followed by the whole crowd chanting LGR in unison.

I've been to Devs games in my Rangers jersey and got a few Rangers suck chants directed at me but that was it mainly because I kept my mouth shut and just enjoyed the game with my Devs fan friend. I was a huge loudmouth at MSG for a Rangers Devs game to the point where I felt bad afterward. I kept cheering and starting Marty sucks chants and I was so loud a kid got up to leave but I stopped him and asked if it was because of me. He said I was hurting his ears haha so I apologized and stopped.

Anyway if you get hit with stuff while you're just sitting there or if you are pushed on the way out that's one thing but if you get up and start screaming and pointing you're an idiot. Crowd mentality is a real thing and even though it's very wrong I wouldn't try to provoke it. If Rangers fans were abusing leafs fans who were just sitting there than they are wrong. It sounds like a lot of people are making comments about boorish behavior without being fully informed.

Old
10-17-2010, 01:58 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
That's what I don't get. It just seems like his opinion is towards everything is the Rangers fans. The Leafs fan could of started all of it and just ended up having someone's fist left on his face. If that's the case, that doesn't mean the Leaf fan is innocent like this this thread makes it seem.
It's making me mad because he is spreading such a poor image of our fan base around the Leafs board which is not entirely true. I, for one, am not like that when I attend games and either is anyone around me. I would say the majority are friendly and knowledgeable people who truly care about the team winning and not about how many away fans they can curse out.

Old
10-17-2010, 02:05 PM
mhurley

Quote:
It's making me mad because he is spreading such a poor image of our fan base around the Leafs board which is not entirely true. I, for one, am not like that when I attend games and either is anyone around me. I would say the majority are friendly and knowledgeable people who truly care about the team winning and not about how many away fans they can curse out.
I had some uncalled for Leaf fan abuse happen right in front of me. There are two sides to every story most assuredly. What I saw firsthand was unnecessary.

I wasn't going to say anything about it but the image of the bloody Leaf fan really disturbed me. I am glad I said something. It's cathartic. The subject needed to be aired out.

We should all, Ranger and Leaf fans, learn from this episode and endeavor to be better fans and human beings.

Old
10-17-2010, 02:11 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
I had some uncalled for Leaf fan abuse happen right in front of me. There are two sides to every story most assuredly. What I saw firsthand was unnecessary.

I wasn't going to say anything about it but the image of the bloody Leaf fan really disturbed me. I am glad I said something. It's cathartic. The subject needed to be aired out.

We should all, Ranger and Leaf fans, learn from this episode and endeavor to be better fans and human beings.
You just need to realize this happens everywhere, not just MSG.

Old
10-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
That's just one situation. This **** happens. All. The. Time.

Quote:
Again, you didn't see what caused it, so this is kinda insignificant. It could of been the Leafs fan stirring it all up and someone sat his ass down.

Old
10-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
You just need to realize this happens everywhere, not just MSG.
We're skipping records.

So are the actions of fan bases throughout the world.

Old
10-17-2010, 02:16 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
You just need to realize this happens everywhere.
No, it doesn't. I've been to hundreds of games and it's only in a handful of arenas.

10-17-2010, 02:19 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
No, it doesn't. I've been to hundreds of games and it's only in a handful of arenas.
Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened. There are drunk idiots at every sporting event.

Old
10-17-2010, 02:20 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
theres only a handful of arenas where a fan of the away team acts like a moron? doubt it.

who ever exchanged words with this leaf fan didnt want to hear his ****. you can find that in any arena

Old
10-17-2010, 03:31 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

You weren't even there to witness the incident first hand and are relying on the Leaf fan to tell you what transpired???? Did you read Draft Guru's post? Sounds like the guy got what was coming to him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
I was in 408 for the home opener, 2 rows behind the Leaf fan that got thrown out. Honestly, he got what he had coming to him. I've been to opposing team's arenas before. I was at the NYR-PHI game at the end of last season in PHI. I stood and clapped when the Rangers scored and that was it. I acted civil and didn't try to piss any of the home fans off. That Leaf fan was acting like a retard after the Leafs scored and taunting the fans, holding up fingers to signal the score and then he started flipping everyone the bird and putting up his fists towards people like he wanted to fight. That's when a guy a few rows up walked down right next to his aisle and challenged him to a fight, and then other Rangers fans followed. He started it, he antagonized the home crowd and he got removed. He's actually pretty lucky that he didn't get knocked out. Honestly I was pretty tempted to chuck a beer at him during that whole ordeal. Had I been a little more drunk I probably would have.

Old
10-17-2010, 03:34 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
1. You and nobody here is a ranger.
2. Call security for booing the other teams fans?

Grow a pair, it's hockey. I'm "appalled" by your post. Quit the crying.
thank you grow a set its a damn hockey game, get wild. Enough of this white collar attitude ******** in the stands, I want our arena to be an arena opposing fans dread coming to.

Old
10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom122205 View Post
thats why this is hockey, not dance class. when i wear my rangers jersey to the colliseum i know what im in for, and ive been in more than one altercation as a result of it... but thats what i expect. i think ranger fans are getting too soft. i seen a guy in preseason at the rangers senators game running around the entire ARENA,after the senators scored, dressed as a senator with a mock stanley cup in his hands mocking ranger fans. if i was a couple years younger i wouldve taken care of it myself. its embarrasing sometimes....the garden is turning into the opera.
Great post, my exact thoughts.

Old
10-17-2010, 03:41 PM
mhurley

Are you a subscriber?

Subscriber's have enough trouble unloading tickets they can't use. Now you want to keep opposition fans away? Cutting off your nose to spite your face 'd say. That's really smart.

Keep posting. What you write speaks volumes about your mentality.

Old
10-17-2010, 03:47 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Much ado about nothing, IMO. Some of this stuff is childish, sure, but it happens. Most places I've visited, I have seen it. Whatever.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread