HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hooliganism by Ranger Fans

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2010, 03:48 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
Are you a subscriber?

Subscriber's have enough trouble unloading tickets they can't use. Now you want to keep opposition fans away? Cutting off your nose to spite your face 'd say. That's really smart.

Keep posting. What you write speaks volumes about your mentality.
I'm a subscriber and I don't have trouble unloading my tickets. I'm not sure what your implying, that we need opposition fans to fill MSG? 95% of that place is always rooting for our side, if not more. FYI, there were not many leafs fans in that building on Friday. And very rarely is there any number of away fans that they are vocally heard.

And I think what YOU write speaks volume about YOUR mentality.

10-17-2010, 03:50 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Bravo. Well said. I have been to Detroit, Buffalo, Montreal, Washington and LA wearing the team gear/jerseys and have never been hassled or persecuted for doing so.

I had a very unpleasant experience in Swamp during the Rangers playoffs in 06. A Devill fan was being obstreperous to the point of abusiveness. I went to an usher and had him removed.

No one should condone or put up with abuse.
Now I know why you started this thread, you're apart of the problem with our fan base. You are trying to condone a soft fan base, take care of your own problems man no need to rat someone out at a sporting event.

Old
10-17-2010, 03:52 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Are you a subscriber?

Subscriber's have enough trouble unloading tickets they can't use. Now you want to keep opposition fans away? Cutting off your nose to spite your face 'd say. That's really smart.

Keep posting. What you write speaks volumes about your mentality.
This is New York city trust me were not losing any money keeping opposing teams fans away. Were not the NJ devils over here who rely on other local teams fans to sell out their games. Once again we are the NEW YORK FREAKING RANGERS. Tickets will sell within the local market. period. end of story.

Old
10-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan4390 View Post
Now I know why you started this thread, you're apart of the problem with our fan base. You are trying to condone a soft fan base, take care of your own problems man no need to rat someone out at a sporting event.
lol That Devils fan was his problem.

Old
10-17-2010, 03:53 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

In the 40 games I've attended over the last 4 seasons, I've never seen an opposing team's fan get picked on just for wearing a jersey or cheering for his team appropriately when they scored.... Never.... Only fans I've seen have problems were the ones who deliberately antagonized the Ranger fans in their section or were intentionally obnoxious... You know, that fan who stands up and instead of facing the ice and clapping/cheering, turns around to embrace all the Ranger fans in his section just to make sure they know he's there... Those type of guys....

Did anyone see those two shmucks in the lower levels wearing Leafs jerseys, one had a Brian Leetch Leafs jersey.... After the first Leafs goal, they're walking around the 300 level walkway with their arms around each other and holding their beers up in the air embracing all the fans up in the 300 levels behind them.... Those are the types of obnoxious fans that deserve every bit of hostility that they ask for....

Old
10-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

You guys probably could careless... Anyway...

This is what one poster on the Leafs board wrote about us from what he's seen:

Quote:
wow, just came back from the Rangers board and some...no, LOTS of them seems to be skinheads or hooligans...reminds me of good old european football matches I`ve visited where not much has to happen and the tough gets goin
LMAO I think it's hysterical in the bold.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:03 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
This is what one poster on the Leafs board wrote about us from what he's seen:

LMAO I think it's hysterical in the bold.
Yes, that is quite funny. Along with others posting in that thread.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Yes, that is quite funny. Along with others posting in that thread.
lol True that.

No question about that one being my favorite.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:06 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Yes because we all know this only happens at the Garden.

I've probably been to more away games then home games, always in my gear (jersey, hat sometimes as well) and you take heckling everywhere. The way YOU (the "victim") deal with it determines how it's going to end. If you go to into someone else's house and stand and cheer when your team scores you're going to get heckled, but that's about it if you don't react.

Most recently I was at HSBC for the game this season, I stood up and cheered when the Rangers scored, other then that I was chatting with my girlfriend (Sabres fan) or just shootin the **** with the people around me. Did that stop me from getting beer or popcorn thrown at me when I stood up and cheered? Nope, of course not. But what did I do about it? Nothing. Didn't turn around to see who did it or anything, just kept standing and clapping.

More often then not the "victim" determines how bad it's going to be for themselves.

To single out Rangers fans in any way shape or form in terms of "defending their house" is ludicrous.

Old
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
In the 40 games I've attended over the last 4 seasons, I've never seen an opposing team's fan get picked on just for wearing a jersey or cheering for his team appropriately when they scored.... Never.... Only fans I've seen have problems were the ones who deliberately antagonized the Ranger fans in their section or were intentionally obnoxious... You know, that fan who stands up and instead of facing the ice and clapping/cheering, turns around to embrace all the Ranger fans in his section just to make sure they know he's there... Those type of guys....

Did anyone see those two shmucks in the lower levels wearing Leafs jerseys, one had a Brian Leetch Leafs jersey.... After the first Leafs goal, they're walking around the 300 level walkway with their arms around each other and holding their beers up in the air embracing all the fans up in the 300 levels behind them.... Those are the types of obnoxious fans that deserve every bit of hostility that they ask for....
Those are the only guys i get on and they deserve it

Old
pdogfizzle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Listen, I personally don't heckle other fans for the most part, but I think if youre a visitor representing your team, its going to happen. I dont condone any physical confrontation but I don't see an issue with some opposing team banter, its part of the fan experience. Ive been a visitor at the izod/roc and sure do people yell things. yea but who cares its part of hockey and its fans.

I actually think that the garden isnt loud enough, especially when things aren't going the teams way. You probably sit in your seat and watch for 60 minutes. I dont get to go to many games, so when I do I scream my lungs out and have myself a good time and give it my all. What i usually observe is negative vibes from season ticket holders who are in there 50-70's and dont seem to enjoy themselves and get annoyed at a rowdy atmosphere.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Soft fan base? Give me a break.

The Rangers have, and always will have, a group of neanderthals up in the 400's that think theyre headed into a war when they attend an NHL game.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:12 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

The Rangers have, and always will have, a group of neanderthals up in the 400's that think theyre headed into a war when they attend an NHL game.
Reading comprehension my friend. I didn't say we have a soft fan base I said he's trying to condone a soft fan base.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:14 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:

I think you misunderstood, he was saying that the poster was trying to push for the softer fanbase...not that we have a soft fanbase.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:16 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

In no way is the 400's as bad as it once was. Still bad but it's cooled down a lot. If this was the 80's, they probably would have been tossed off the balcony.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I think you misunderstood, he was saying that the poster was trying to push for the softer fanbase...not that we have a soft fanbase.
No, I understood just fine. I think the whole notion of a fanbase being "soft" is absolutely absurd. And its the people that think theyre stepping into a war when they attend a game that bring that sort of mentality. Its just stupid.

Go to the game and cheer the team. I mean, what does verbally assaulting or even a physical altercation with person cheering on the opposition even achieve? Maybe if the Rangers got wind of those "heroes" up in the 400's that beatdown a Leafs fan, they would have felt inspired to take out Kessel! Like I said, absurd.

Its one thing to talk about having a soft team on the ice...but the notion of a "soft fan base?" Its silly.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:22 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Quote:
No, I understood just fine. I think the whole notion of a fanbase being "soft" is absolutely absurd. And its the people that think theyre stepping into a war when they attend a game that bring that sort of mentality. Its just stupid.

Go to the game and cheer the team. I mean, what does verbally assaulting or even a physical altercation with person cheering on the opposition even achieve? Maybe if the Rangers got wind of those "heroes" up in the 400's that beatdown a Leafs fan, they would have felt inspired to take out Kessel! Like I said, absurd.

Its one thing to talk about having a soft team on the ice...but the notion of a "soft fan base?" Its silly.
Based on your first post, I really cant follow what your trying to say.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:25 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

No, the notion of a "soft fan base" is legitimate, just the fact that peoples definitions of one differ.

The Garden should be a place where opposing teams hate playing- not where opposing fans hate visiting because they're afraid of getting their ass kicked (though they should be afraid their ear drums may be blown out )

Think of the 12th man idea in Football. We should make it hell on opposing teams through our support of our own.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Based on your first post, I really cant follow what your trying to say.
Im saying that the people who think Derek Boogaard is one of the biggest issues with this team are the same ones that portray the idea that having a "soft fan base" is some sort of issue.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:30 PM
XLJ

Most leaf fans are d-bags they probably deserved it.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:51 PM
mhurley

Quote:
This is New York city trust me were not losing any money keeping opposing teams fans away. Were not the NJ devils over here who rely on other local teams fans to sell out their games. Once again we are the NEW YORK FREAKING RANGERS. Tickets will sell within the local market. period. end of story.
You have no idea of what you are talking about. Tickets were plentiful last season. I know many people who had to eat games. I even sold some on Stub Hub for less then face value.

If this years team really starts to suck, TicketExchange will be flooded with tickets and the neaderthals will be sitting with hoards of opposition fans.

Let's see how mouthy and obnoxious they are if they are outnumbered.

Old
10-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
********** will continue to be **********, and will justify said douchebaggery with such predictable defense mechanisms as "Man up." or "Grow a pair"

Old
10-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
You have no idea of what you are talking about. Tickets were plentiful last season. I know many people who had to eat games. I even sold some on Stub Hub for less then face value.

If this years team really starts to suck, TicketExchange will be flooded with tickets and the neaderthals will be sitting with hoards of opposition fans.

Let's see how mouthy and obnoxious they are if they are outnumbered.
ummm never will rangers fans be in the minority on there home rink

your way to invested in your argument.....and the worst part is your original point with the guy in the 400s totally antagonized the crowd and deserved what he got

just to note...leafs fans are probably the second worst in the league to montreal.....the more they bash us the more i enjoy

Old
10-17-2010, 05:03 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
I had some uncalled for Leaf fan abuse happen right in front of me. There are two sides to every story most assuredly. What I saw firsthand was unnecessary.

I wasn't going to say anything about it but the image of the bloody Leaf fan really disturbed me. I am glad I said something. It's cathartic. The subject needed to be aired out.

We should all, Ranger and Leaf fans, learn from this episode and endeavor to be better fans and human beings.
and you seem to be only telling one in each incident

Old
10-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
I was appalled by the behavior I saw from some Ranger fans last night toward Leaf fans in the crowd.

A man and his wife were literally driven from section 408 by the boorish behavior of some fans in that section. A loud mouth in 409 was ragging on Leafs fans next to me for no other reason then they got up to cheer a Leaf goal.

If we, all Ranger fans, let this behavior continue we will get a worse reputation around the league then we already have. Do we really want to lower ourselves to the behavior we have experienced in places like Philadelphia, New Jersey and on the Island?

I am a Ranger. We are all Rangers. If we behave badly it reflects on us, our sections and the New York Rangers Hockey Club. If we accept the bad behavior of those around us we are just as guilty as the perpetrators.

If you see something, say something. Call security. Be part of the solution, not the problem. Bad behavior by any fan toward another is unacceptable.

Let's show some class.
wow i didnt even realize you started a threat ON THE LEAFS BOARD

dude just thrown on there jersey and root for them if you think our fans are that bad

You obviously have never been to toronto or you would realize how much worse they treat opposing fans at there games

im sorry but you are so pathetic and finding sympathy with leafs fans is just horrible

Closed Thread