HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Col-cgy

Old
10-17-2010, 05:18 PM
KesselIsUnreal*

vCash: 500
Col-cgy

Jarome Iginla
Rene Bourque
Tim Erixon

Paul Stastny
Kevin Porter

Before Avs fans flame me for giving up their No.1 Center, Matt Duchene will probably become a No.1 Center, you get Iginla, a No.2 LW, and calgary's best d-man prospect.

please be nice

KesselIsUnreal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 05:22 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Value wise, its fair. Calgary overpays however, reality wise it won't happen. As an Av fan I wouldn't do it just cause we're in rebuilding mode and I am happy with our core heading into the future (most teams don't have the luxury of stacked centers down each line). If we were contending for the cup however, I'd probably do it.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
It wouldn't really make sense for the Avs. Our cup window won't be open in the next three years (even more so if we trade Stastny) so why would we need Iginla?

This is ignoring the fact that our management don't seem to want/be allowed to spend all that much money at the moment.

Other than that, obviously Avs get the better of Flames by quite a bit. Porter isn't worth much, Erixsson and Bourque should have quite a bit of value.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Stastny is the best player in that deal and younger than Iggy so, theres no point of trading him.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 05:24 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
No thanks for the Avs

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Another Iginla deal? Dear Lord, wtf is going on? Iginla won't be traded, and if he WERE traded, he'd be going to a legitimate Stanley Cup contender.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 05:27 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Calgary overpays imo. But as an Avs fan I would rather keep Stastny.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 05:41 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post
Another Iginla deal? Dear Lord, wtf is going on? Iginla won't be traded, and if he WERE traded, he'd be going to a legitimate Stanley Cup contender.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 05:52 PM
PeterTheGreat

The one guy I really want from Calgary is Regher.

If we can make something work around him, I'd be all for it. He'd be a great fit for this team.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I would do it. The only thing I don't like about the deal is Kevin Porter....Duchene goes into the #1 slot, RoR goes into the #2 (which a lot of people always say on this board, but maybe are hesitant to actually do?)...Both RoR and Duchene have high scoring wingers available at their sides....hell a line of Duchene, Stewart and Iginla? Or even split them up and put Duchene with Stewart and Bourque? I would do it.....It's not great for a 10 year plan but it's great for a 5 year plan....and that's ok with me. I'm in it to win it. The reason I don't like Porter in the deal is because I believe he's our 3rd line center...

And just FYI in about 2 years Hishon could step into that #3 role.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by HishonHishoff View Post
I would do it. The only thing I don't like about the deal is Kevin Porter....Duchene goes into the #1 slot, RoR goes into the #2 (which a lot of people always say on this board, but maybe are hesitant to actually do?)...Both RoR and Duchene have high scoring wingers available at their sides....hell a line of Duchene, Stewart and Iginla? Or even split them up and put Duchene with Stewart and Bourque? I would do it.....It's not great for a 10 year plan but it's great for a 5 year plan....and that's ok with me. I'm in it to win it. The reason I don't like Porter in the deal is because I believe he's our 3rd line center...

Sutter would have to be clinically insane to do a trade like this. If they are rebuilding they would hang on to Bourque and Erixsson to start with. So it's a weird hypothetical situation as it is.

I do think the question of what Iginla would bring in a trade is interesting. There aren't all that many teams that will challenge for a cup with a lot of cap space. Perhaps something involving Jordan Staal?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post

If we can make something work around him, I'd be all for it. He'd be a great fit for this team.
me too , if there's a guy i want from Calgary it's Regher.

But as for this actual proposal , no thanks i'll keep Stastny

Quote:

I think that they are still too young to be number 1 and 2 center , right now . But that's just me , maybe someone else will say that they are ready to take the workload

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 07:18 PM
KesselIsUnreal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Sutter would have to be clinically insane to do a trade like this. If they are rebuilding they would hang on to Bourque and Erixsson to start with. So it's a weird hypothetical situation as it is.

I do think the question of what Iginla would bring in a trade is interesting. There aren't all that many teams that will challenge for a cup with a lot of cap space. Perhaps something involving Jordan Staal?
Well for a re-building team like Calgary they would be getting their long-term No.1 Center, Bourque will probably be 30-32 years old by the time Calgary fully rebuilds

KesselIsUnreal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Maybe if Iginla were 5 years younger. Still an elite player at his position, but no longer a top five player. Avs can't afford to lose their franchise player, especially with a great player of their own at right wing (Stewart).

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 08:02 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Cant get that weak up the middle. Stastny is still the Avs best forward. Takes all the hard draws and generally matches up head to head vs the other teams top line.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
Rather keep Stastny. Calgary can get more from that big package, but the Avs can't trade Stastny right now unless its for a player whose comparable in age.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 12:35 AM
Jimmy Carter
Avs/Leafs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post

Agreed. Regher is really what's missing on the team right now.

Jimmy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 12:57 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
The avs have a better version of Regher in Hannan but I would love Regher on the team as well

Hannan-Quincey
Regher-Liles
Foote-Holos

Dame! That's a solid top six

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 03:18 AM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Maybe if Iginla were 5 years younger. Still an elite player at his position, but no longer a top five player. Avs can't afford to lose their franchise player, especially with a great player of their own at right wing (Stewart).
If Iginla was 5 years younger this goes from being an even trade to an absolute ripoff for Colorado.

I think this trade is pretty even...and I give the OP a lot of credit for bringing it to the table. You can't reject every trade because the Avs don't win outright in it. I think this is a hell of a lot closer than people think. At least it's not a Stewart-Jeff Finger deal like last year.

Old
10-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
me too , if there's a guy i want from Calgary it's Regher.
How about something centered around Theo Fleury?

Blue Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Seaward*

Not to be rude or anything, but what is the point of these trade threads?

Seaward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:22 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
If Iginla was 5 years younger this goes from being an even trade to an absolute ripoff for Colorado.

I think this trade is pretty even...and I give the OP a lot of credit for bringing it to the table. You can't reject every trade because the Avs don't win outright in it. I think this is a hell of a lot closer than people think. At least it's not a Stewart-Jeff Finger deal like last year.
Unless the Avs win the trade or get better in their area of main weakness (defense) what is the point? Trading just for the sake of making a trade?

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

If we were trading Stastny to Calgary I would imagine Bouwmeester would be coming back the other way.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOMUCHBREWER View Post
Unless the Avs win the trade or get better in their area of main weakness (defense) what is the point? Trading just for the sake of making a trade?

....and that's why the trade forum on here is a joke....every team has the exact same bias....if your team doesn't "win", the OP gets flamed. How many trades have been win-win for both teams? Incredibly rare.

I don't understand the point of trade threads either, but I always at least try to give people credit where the trade is even...And I think this one is....Would the Avs do it? Probably not....but like I said earlier at least it's not a homer "Chris Stewart for Jeff Finger" deal.

Old
10-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
If we were trading Stastny to Calgary I would imagine Bouwmeester would be coming back the other way.
Honestly, is JBo that good? I'm not sure.

I wouldn't trade Staz for him, unless another solid piece was coming back.

As others have stated, I want Regher.

Helton4Hall is online now   Reply With Quote