Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-11 Calgary Flames

Old
10-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Puckgenius*

vCash: 500
Keep Matt Stajan on the first line!

Is it gonna take 58 more games for B. Sutter to finally see the light that Jokinen just doesnt fit on the top line? He has no chemistry with either Iggy or Tanguay. He has no business being on the top line anymore, hes had more than enough chances and he just does it. Stajan adds speed and is a good secondary playmaker for Iggy, also is much better on faceoffs. He also has more chemistry with Iggy than Jokinen and Iggy ever had - which is none!

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 10:03 AM
GoFlames

I agree, Stajan and Backlund seem to have the playing style best suited. Rotate them and see who earns it. As Lunatik said in another thread though Stajan has taken some real stupid penalties. Maybe it is start of the year jitters but either way he has to vastly improve his discipline. What coach wants an undisciplined player on the ice for the final two minutes...? None that I know of.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Unkki

What will happen when Bourque is back? It isn't easy to tell which combination will be the best. First line will be off course Tangs-Stajan-Iggy, but how will it be with the second and third line? I think that Jokinen needs a playmaker like Morrison or Backlund next to him, but in another way it may be good to let Jokinen play with Hagman, because he is familiar player to him. If Jokinen gets Hagman and Morrison or Backlund next to him, Bourque will play with Backlund/Morrison and Glencross. I hope that the lines will be something like this after Bourque has returned:

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla
Glencross - Backlund - Bourque
Hagman - Jokinen - Morrison
Conroy, Sutter, Meyer, Jackman and the other guys

Defence must be something like this:

Regehr - White
Bouwmeester - Giordano
Pardy - Sarich

For Staios I have to say no thanks.

Unkki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 03:23 PM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkki View Post
What will happen when Bourque is back? It isn't easy to tell which combination will be the best. First line will be off course Tangs-Stajan-Iggy, but how will it be with the second and third line?

Tanguay - Stajan - Iginla
Glencross - Backlund - Bourque
Hagman - Jokinen - Morrison
Conroy, Sutter, Meyer, Jackman and the other guys

Defence must be something like this:

Regehr - White
Bouwmeester - Giordano
Pardy - Sarich

For Staios I have to say no thanks.
Jokinen played well with Bourque last year imo. so why not keep them together?

I would keep the Stajan 1st line as it worked really well and all guy (at some point in the game *cough* Iginla) were working hard.

Tanguay - Stajan - Iggy

I would put Jokinen with Bourque because of their history that I mentioned. I would put Backlund on the wing as I feel the line would need a playmaker.

Backlund - Jokinen - Bourque

Now here is where the log jam starts. If Langkow is healthy, I'll take him over BMo. Hagman obviously will take the LW slot and Kotalik can battle it out with Moss for the RW. Most likely it will be:

Hagman - Morrison - Kotalik/Moss

If Langkow is back, then Morrison is a healthy scratch imo. If Kotalik>>>Moss (vise versa) then I see that player getting moved. That leaves Jackman for the RW (occasional healthy scratch). Conroy has a spot unless he gets completely outplayed by the young guys, so he will be at C. Glenner obviously will get the LW spot. If Lanks is still out then one of Sutter or Meyer (imo Meyer) will stay as a healthy scratch.

Glenner - Conroy/Sutter/Meyer - Jackman

xIvanans, Meyer/Sutter (and possibly Morrison)

If Morrison plays really well then I think Backlund might just get demoted.

This next part is pretty easy to sort out:

Regehr - White

Bo will play with either Gio or Sarich long term imo. Staios needs to go imo.

Bo - Gio

That leaves:

Pardy/Brodie - Sarich

Brodie-Sarich was a fairly good pairing in the pre-season so I can see it work well as Sarich can cover for Brodie a little bit. The Sarich-Pardy pairing bring up some speed concerns with me. Overall a very good 3rd pairing tho.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Puckgenius*

I could be wrong but didnt Joker and Hagman play together during their time in FLA?

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
It just dawned on me as to why Sarich was scratched the first few games. Lunatik commented that if Sarich was going to be traded would it not be best to play him to showcase him for the max return? Maybe that is what the Sutters are doing with Staios. Maybe he is the one seeing more minutes because he is the target of a trade, just a thought.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:28 AM
ChuckWoods

Hey guys,

Leafs fan coming in peace. I quickly skimmed through this thread in hope to find your power play unit line up, but failed to do so.

My question to you is, is Jay Bo on the first unit or second unit? I currently have him on my Yahoo Fantasy team and he isnt doing so hot. I know he'll pick it up, the question is just to what extent.

The reason for my urgency is that Ryan Suter is currently on the waiver wire, and I expect him to have a great year.

Should I be dropping JayBo for Suter? Or do you guys have complete faith in JayBo to turn it around and have a solid season on both ends of the ice?

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:34 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
It just dawned on me as to why Sarich was scratched the first few games. Lunatik commented that if Sarich was going to be traded would it not be best to play him to showcase him for the max return? Maybe that is what the Sutters are doing with Staios. Maybe he is the one seeing more minutes because he is the target of a trade, just a thought.
God I hope so! His play has hardly helped "showcase" him though

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Triple Deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Hey guys,

Leafs fan coming in peace. I quickly skimmed through this thread in hope to find your power play unit line up, but failed to do so.

My question to you is, is Jay Bo on the first unit or second unit? I currently have him on my Yahoo Fantasy team and he isnt doing so hot. I know he'll pick it up, the question is just to what extent.

The reason for my urgency is that Ryan Suter is currently on the waiver wire, and I expect him to have a great year.

Should I be dropping JayBo for Suter? Or do you guys have complete faith in JayBo to turn it around and have a solid season on both ends of the ice?
vs Oilers on saturday, JayBo was on PP first unit with Ian White. Even saw him camp out in front of the goalie on the PP.
5 on 5 he's usually paired with Gio.
I think that he will start to pick things up. Just needs to be more decisive with the puck.

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
God I hope so! His play has hardly helped "showcase" him though
Me too, the Sutter's cannot be that stupid. Staios and Sarich are similar defenders only Sarich is way better, younger and faster. Yes cap hit is a little more but so what. Pardy is more than capable of filling in for Staios and bringing he what he does when he gets called upon.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote