HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#4 - 10.18.2010 | Colorado Avalanche @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - VS. (HD)

Old
10-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
Was at the game tonight. This is the reason why I dont go any more, games are too boring.. The first peroid was ok, second and third, awful.

I really wonder why they just keep Eminger, he seriously ****ing sucks. Do you really expect them to win with Eminger, Gilroy and DZ (not saying he's bad he just need to work on defense) on D? They need to bring up Tank to replace Rosie on the PP, im tired of him having a wide open shot and passing it.

And another thing. WTF IS BOOGAARD OUT THERE!?! They have absoutly no offence, the avs dont have any big man for him to fight, and no one is going to fight him either way. Seriosuly wtf is torts thinking?!?!

I really hope Sather and Torts are gone sometime this season. I'm tired of the same bull **** every single year.

We Ranger fans deserve much much much better!!

LGR!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:54 PM
ThisYearsModel

They really suck. This is going to be a long season. Poor Henrik.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:54 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

HOw did Stepan look tonight?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:56 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Was alright. Didn't do anything bad but didn't do anything earth shattering either. Made a couple of good plays here and there. He was terrible on faceoffs though, finished 5/15.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Pretty good... he assisted on the Frolov "goal".

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:59 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
It's not his fault the team isn't very talented, but then again he can't even get them to play up to there limited potential... I'd like to move on from Torts as coach but it won't happen unless they miss the PO's or look even more abysmal throughout the season. It's only been 4 games but seems as if this team picked up right where it left off last year when it was terrible.
Hey, I'm not even saying I want him gone yet. I post these things to counter all the pro torts post i have to constantly read here while the guy has done nothing as the ny rangers coach. I'm pissed we've gone backwards, I think a better coach could have made the transition away from Renney without a complete drop off.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Was alright. Didn't do anything bad but didn't do anything earth shattering either. Made a couple of good plays here and there. He was terrible on faceoffs though, finished 5/15.
He really needs to work on his faceoffs, it seems like every time hes up for the draw it goes the other way.. Thats one issue with him, otherwise hes set.

Old
10-18-2010, 10:00 PM
HAPPY HOUR

I got my cup in 94.

That will be my parting gift from the Rangers in this lifetime.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
I got my cup in 94.

That will be my parting gift from the Rangers in this lifetime.
I hope that's not true, for both you and me...

I was too young to experience the '94 Cup.

When are we becoming contenders again?

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:04 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborik Scores View Post
He really needs to work on his faceoffs, it seems like every time hes up for the draw it goes the other way.. Thats one issue with him, otherwise hes set.
Thats a skill unto itself. Even Crosby sucked on draws his rookie season. The players in the NHL are so much stronger and faster and they practice face-offs quite a bit.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni1994 View Post
I hope that's not true, for both you and me...

I was too young to experience the '94 Cup.

When are we becoming contenders again?
With my luck after I die.

Old
10-18-2010, 10:14 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

This game was boring.

And went exactly as I expected after failing to pot one when tied 1-1.

Seen this team/script play out too much.

Gonna be a long and boring few weeks.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:17 PM
Ail
k.

Sorry guys, I left my chair to go eat a few of the wings I ordered and the AVs scored twice.

I'll never leave my chair again, promise.

Seriously though, did anyone expect more from this game, or any of the games coming up? Yeah it sucks, but it's not like we didn't see it coming.

10-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotsyJr View Post
This game was boring.

And went exactly as I expected after failing to pot one when tied 1-1.

Seen this team/script play out too much.

Gonna be a long and boring few weeks.
The saddest thing about the current situation is that the bolded is actually an optimistic statement. A lot of us feel that this is going to be a long and boring season. Let's hope you're right.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:26 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
Hey, I'm not even saying I want him gone yet. I post these things to counter all the pro torts post i have to constantly read here while the guy has done nothing as the ny rangers coach. I'm pissed we've gone backwards, I think a better coach could have made the transition away from Renney without a complete drop off.
ORRRR they couldve just stuck with Renney who was the best option for the so called "youth movement" torts can NOT handle this and will self destruct by christmas...hopefully sather will be joining him on the unemployment line. both are an absolute disgrace

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:26 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised by the second period. If this team could play like that consistently we are definitely a playoff team, especially when you throw gaborik back in the equation.

Even if we lost in OT, i'd be much happier about this. Just the fact we lost how we did...ugh.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:27 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

The team we iced tonight has zero high end skill and is a bottom 5 team even with Lundqvist in net.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:29 PM
NYRAvery16NYR

This is the lowest I've felt in years being a Rangers fan. I'm usually pretty positive and I usually see the positives in things, but there are no positives right now on the Rangers. NONE. This team will be lucky to have 4 wins by the end of November. Sather has to go, and so does Torts. Will it happen? hell no. The Rangers have lacked Identity and passion since The last days of Renney until now.

I was a big Gaborik fan, but the guy doesn't come through in big game situations.{yes i know he's injured now}. I don't think he's a guy to count on as our number one scorer, he will most likely miss half the season, when he's n the lineup he will be playing cautiously.

Our Defense is attrocious. I would love McD and Valentenko to come up, they were a contributing factor to our preseason success.

We are incredibly weak down the middle. I say get rid of the giant Ego in Torts and put a real leader in Messier behind the bench, bring in the kids and see what happens.

Sorry, just had to vent, I'm a diehard fan like all of you. I just can't stand the product that is being put on the ice year after year, it's downright disrespectful to the fans, and embarrasing.

Last edited by NYRAvery16NYR: 10-18-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling
NYRAvery16NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:37 PM
h0ckeyman

LOL, you people are all nuts I swear. A LOT of good things happened tonight. We have a very young team who will be up and down all year. Just take a chill pill and let things work themselves out. If we get Gabby, Dru AND Vinny back this team will be awesome.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

At least tickets will be easier to get once all the ledge jumpers hop off, which judging based off this thread will be quite soon.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Relatively common for rookies.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Nubbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
LOL, you people are all nuts I swear. A LOT of good things happened tonight. We have a very young team who will be up and down all year. Just take a chill pill and let things work themselves out. If we get Gabby, Dru AND Vinny back this team will be awesome.
Did the drugs were off yet?

Nubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:44 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbin View Post
Did the drugs were off yet?
While the team won't be "awesome", we are seeing mostly good things from our youth- i'll reiterate, from the timeout to the last 10~ minutes, we saw a very solid Rangers team.

This is the same youth that most of us expect to be integral parts of our team when we do become a legit contender, so there is a silver lining.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:45 PM
JimmyStart*

Based on the team we are putting out there I don't understand the dissappointment. I really want this team to win but I'm trying to be relaistic too to avoid jumping off the proverbial cliff. Unfortunately we have to be patient with losing likely through most of this season. But the future appears very bright. The improved play of the young guys is something to look at this season for. But if you expect wins and even a PO spot you will prob be dissappointed. Good news is we can get a top 5 player hopefully without losing any of our current guys or prospects.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:48 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
The problem is this team is going to have a really, really, tough time winning games until those guys get back. Gabby is probably out for at least a month and Drury and Prospal probably closer to at least two. No one knows how effective Drury or Prospal will be when they get back either. I don't expect much from Prospal this year if he does come back.

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote