HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game#7|Ottawa@Pittsburgh|Mon/Oct-18-2010|7:00pm(ET)|It's my Birthday with a 4-2 Win.

Old
10-18-2010, 08:50 PM
hctopcheds11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I feel terribly for him too . . . if only out of a feeling of mercy for Sid.

Really wouldn't mind seeing Kunitz-Sid-TK, Letestu-Staal-Malkin, Cooke-Talbot-Asham, Rupp-Adams-Dupuis . . . ****, what about Comrie? I guess Tangradi will be going down when Asham returns.

All I can say is that Letestu should be the LW for Staal and Malkin. i know he's a center, but so is Malkin, and Letestu is smart enough to adapt.
Why not just put Staal at third line C? It allows the three headed monster to be on three different lines and for the first time maybe ever, with some support at the wings for Sid and Geno (even though Geno is playing "wing" now). That way Comrie stays. Can you imagine this against a top line:

Cooke-Staal-Asham/Dupuis

Michalek-Orpik

hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:50 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
What's crazy to even think about is how much harder this team will be to play against when we get Staal, Asham, Orpik, and Michalek back
Wow...what a HUGE chunk for any team to be missing.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:51 PM
joey23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
I don't understand Adams playing on the 1st line in the 3rd period.

I am still scratching my head.

joey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:54 PM
FDBluth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquaticBirdMan66 View Post
How did Sid look tonight? Another multi-point performance. Always a good thing I'd imagine
'Twas his best game of the season. He was buzzing and battling all over the place.

FDBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:56 PM
DeSero

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey23 View Post
I am still scratching my head.
Didn't Kunitz go down funny sometime in the 3rd? Or did he end up coming back?

DeSero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:57 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg26 View Post
Why not just put Staal at third line C? It allows the three headed monster to be on three different lines and for the first time maybe ever, with some support at the wings for Sid and Geno (even though Geno is playing "wing" now). That way Comrie stays. Can you imagine this against a top line:

Cooke-Staal-Asham/Dupuis

Michalek-Orpik
Because you know that Staal is going to come back as center for the third line, no matter what anyone here thinks . . .

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 08:59 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
I feel terribly for him too . . . if only out of a feeling of mercy for Sid.

Really wouldn't mind seeing Kunitz-Sid-TK, Letestu-Staal-Malkin, Cooke-Talbot-Asham, Rupp-Adams-Dupuis . . . ****, what about Comrie? I guess Tangradi will be going down when Asham returns.

All I can say is that Letestu should be the LW for Staal and Malkin. i know he's a center, but so is Malkin, and Letestu is smart enough to adapt.
Yeah Tangradi's not there yet and I see now why they were careful with his minutes.

Errey said during the broadcast that they're working with Letestu one on one to convert him to wing, but he's never played wing before so it'll be an adjustment. Malkin doesn't worry me because he's faster and bigger, I just don't want the kid getting walled off and squeezed on rushes.

What I'd like to see is this...

Kunitz-Sid-Letestu
Asham-Staal-Geno
Cooke-Max-TK
Rupp-Adams-Dupuis
Comrie

1) Asham I've ALWAYS felt is very underrated skill wise. At WORST, he becomes the Kunitz of Geno's line.

2) Letestu I feel is more of a cerebral player and would be better compliment for Sid

3) Third line becomes a prototypical one

4) Dupuis makes a 4th line a little faster to go with the angry of Rupp and Adams

Comrie can enjoy his hot little wife and his "The Brick" money elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned, he's my Bill Guerin. If you'r not scoring, you're useless.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:01 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Yeah Tangradi's not there yet and I see now why they were careful with his minutes.

Errey said during the broadcast that they're working with Letestu one on one to convert him to wing, but he's never played wing before so it'll be an adjustment. Malkin doesn't worry me because he's faster and bigger, I just don't want the kid getting walled off and squeezed on rushes.

What I'd like to see is this...

Kunitz-Sid-Letestu
Asham-Staal-Geno
Cooke-Max-TK
Rupp-Adams-Dupuis
Comrie

1) Asham I've ALWAYS felt is very underrated skill wise. At WORST, he becomes the Kunitz of Geno's line.

2) Letestu I feel is more of a cerebral player and would be better compliment for Sid

3) Third line becomes a prototypical one

4) Dupuis makes a 4th line a little faster to go with the angry of Rupp and Adams

Comrie can enjoy his hot little wife and his "The Brick" money elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned, he's my Bill Guerin. If you'r not scoring, you're useless.
I could live with this, but Asham isn't really a RW. Frankly, the move is just to give Comrie and TK shots with Sid and then to make getting Sid a winger the move at the deadline. I really think Letestu-Staal-Malkin would become the Pens' version of Detroit putting Zetterberg and Datsyuk out there together . . . they'll shut you down defensively, and torture you offensively. And, I think Letestu can be an important element of that.

Old
10-18-2010, 09:02 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Because you know that Staal is going to come back as center for the third line, no matter what anyone here thinks . . .
I actually like the malkin-letestu-Comrie line. I'd like to see us keep things as is except minus dupuis and plus Kennedy on line 1. At the deadline pick up a more skilled rw if Kennedy doesn't step up and earn that spot...

Sorry for bad grammar... Cell phone

Old
10-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Pens17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSero View Post
Didn't Kunitz go down funny sometime in the 3rd? Or did he end up coming back?
He hobbled for a short time but continued his power play shift. I hope he is unaffected in the A.M.

Pens17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:08 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg26 View Post
I actually like the malkin-letestu-Comrie line. I'd like to see us keep things as is except minus dupuis and plus Kennedy on line 1. At the deadline pick up a more skilled rw if Kennedy doesn't step up and earn that spot...

Sorry for bad grammar... Cell phone
Let's see what happens with Comrie-Letrestu-Malkin over a few games before certifying it (or atleast watch it for the few shifts they're left together before the line juggling starts again). As I said, taking out Tangradi and putting in Comrie really created a spark between Malkin and Letestu and freed up Malkin to rove more defensively (credited with 3 takeaways tonight, which means he probably had a half dozen or so).

Old
10-18-2010, 09:10 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Let's see what happens with Comrie-Letrestu-Malkin over a few games before certifying it (or atleast watch it for the few shifts they're left together before the line juggling starts again). As I said, taking out Tangradi and putting in Comrie really created a spark between Malkin and Letestu and freed up Malkin to rove more defensively (credited with 3 takeaways tonight, which means he probably had a half dozen or so).
Him and Crosby were phenomenal defensively tonight....

Old
10-18-2010, 09:22 PM
wtbipyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
Kunitz-Crosby-Kennedy is pretty solid.
I thought Sid and TK played a great shift in the 2nd. Naturally Disco won't go back to it...

wtbipyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:58 PM
66-29-33

Just realized and saw at nhl.com stat page 3 of the top 5 dmen in points are Pens.

Martin
Gogo
Letang

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 02:05 AM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbipyo View Post
I thought Sid and TK played a great shift in the 2nd. Naturally Disco won't go back to it.......
Hush! Kennedy is a give-away machine and never hits the net.
Don't let his 5 takeaways/0 give aways and 18 shots on net/4 missed shots fool you!

...and whatever you do, don't compare the above stats to those of Dupuis!

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Just realized and saw at nhl.com stat page 3 of the top 5 dmen in points are Pens.

Martin
Gogo
Letang
This is our three headed monster. With out these three guys doing what their doing, they're still stuck in failure.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote