HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spaling

Old
10-18-2010, 11:34 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

vCash: 500
Spaling

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=540866

Nashville, Tenn. (October 18, 2010) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has recalled forward Nick Spaling from Milwaukee (AHL).

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

must be Goc's replacement

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 12:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i'm okay with this, if erat is coming back. If not, I'd like to see what Klasen could do, after scoring 4 goals in 3 games.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
i'm okay with this, if erat is coming back. If not, I'd like to see what Klasen could do, after scoring 4 goals in 3 games.
Goc is out 2-4 weeks with an upper body injury (shoulder is my guess). Spaling is up and skating with Smithson and Kostitsyn on his wings (Lundmark skating with them too, but I don't think he's been activated yet). Wilson has moved to center with Erat and Dumont on his wings.

Geez, we talked about it all summer, but I didn't think we'd use it this soon...credit Poile for racking up some impressive depth this summer...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 05:37 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Goc is out 2-4 weeks with an upper body injury (shoulder is my guess). Spaling is up and skating with Smithson and Kostitsyn on his wings (Lundmark skating with them too, but I don't think he's been activated yet). Wilson has moved to center with Erat and Dumont on his wings.

Geez, we talked about it all summer, but I didn't think we'd use it this soon...credit Poile for racking up some impressive depth this summer...

If we want to get the best out of Kostitsyn and give him a chance to prove how offensive he can truly be (which I have heard is high), then why on earth is he paired with Smithson and Spaling?? Especially Smithson! lol. We should let him play some top line minutes and see how he responds, this guy was not brought into our organization to play on a 4th line with Smithson.

Also,

I like that second line! Would rather see Wilson play more with Sullivan, but him, Dumont and Erat could be dangerous.

What about a line of Legwand, Erat and Kostitsyn???

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
If we want to get the best out of Kostitsyn and give him a chance to prove how offensive he can truly be (which I have heard is high), then why on earth is he paired with Smithson and Spaling?? Especially Smithson! lol. We should let him play some top line minutes and see how he responds, this guy was not brought into our organization to play on a 4th line with Smithson.

Also,

I like that second line! Would rather see Wilson play more with Sullivan, but him, Dumont and Erat could be dangerous.

What about a line of Legwand, Erat and Kostitsyn???
It is painful to watch Kostitsyn try to walk to the locker room and his fracture has become very noticable in his skating. Sorry if we're not bumping him up a couple lines right now. Trotz makes players earn that and unfortunately due to his injury, Kostitsyn hasn't done so yet...

Old
10-18-2010, 07:30 PM
PerdFan

Quote:
It is painful to watch Kostitsyn try to walk to the locker room and his fracture has become very noticable in his skating. Sorry if we're not bumping him up a couple lines right now. Trotz makes players earn that and unfortunately due to his injury, Kostitsyn hasn't done so yet...
I really paid attention to SK Saturday...when he was away from the puck he never lifted his injured foot from the ice, he just pushed with his good foot and glided. It was truly painful to watch. No way does he need the pressure of playing in the top 6 now. Too be honest, I'm shocked he's not still on IR. If it's his decision, I'm impressed with his fortitude considering the reputation he carries with him. If it's Trotz's idea I have to wonder what he's smoking since we DO have depth in Milwaukee.

PerdFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:00 PM
jcupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanPredBearFan View Post
I really paid attention to SK Saturday...when he was away from the puck he never lifted his injured foot from the ice, he just pushed with his good foot and glided. It was truly painful to watch. No way does he need the pressure of playing in the top 6 now. Too be honest, I'm shocked he's not still on IR. If it's his decision, I'm impressed with his fortitude considering the reputation he carries with him. If it's Trotz's idea I have to wonder what he's smoking since we DO have depth in Milwaukee.

Which begs the question, if every one else can see that SK isn't or can't skate well why would Trotz not put him on IR whether or not he says he can?

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:34 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcupp View Post
Which begs the question, if every one else can see that SK isn't or can't skate well why would Trotz not put him on IR whether or not he says he can?
maybe it is sergei's way of saying i will do whatever it takes to be an important member of this team. if i need to skate on a broke toe while others heal so be it. i don't have to score. i just have to chip in a few shifts while i heal.

in fact, i hope that is his attitude. i'm sure he can't hurt it anymore or they wouldn't let him go. i'd take a guy like that with that attitude anyday everyday

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
maybe it is sergei's way of saying i will do whatever it takes to be an important member of this team. if i need to skate on a broke toe while others heal so be it. i don't have to score. i just have to chip in a few shifts while i heal.

in fact, i hope that is his attitude. i'm sure he can't hurt it anymore or they wouldn't let him go. i'd take a guy like that with that attitude anyday everyday
I think that's exactly his attitude. There is no doubt he's playing through a lot of pain right now. He's filling a role and doing what's asked of him in that limited role.

As you said, I'll take that guy any day on my team and I think it'll pay off later in the year. Right now he's earning a lot of respect from the team and that's never a bad thing, especially considering his "history"...

Old
10-19-2010, 08:30 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The problem with a broken toe is that each step re-breaks it. Normally you walk around in a walking boot for a couple of months and then you are ok but some athletes just deal with the pain and go. As an ATC you just try your best to help the person deal with the pain. Maybe a toe box to help cushion but even then that's not all that effective.

And note this was from blocking a Shea Weber shot. How many senseless bones must be sacrificed to Shea Weber's shot.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 09:37 AM
WalkmanX

I was quite high on Spaling last season and thought he played well and i am anxious to see how he has improved in the off season.

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 09:37 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The problem with a broken toe is that each step re-breaks it. Normally you walk around in a walking boot for a couple of months and then you are ok but some athletes just deal with the pain and go. As an ATC you just try your best to help the person deal with the pain. Maybe a toe box to help cushion but even then that's not all that effective.

And note this was from blocking a Shea Weber shot. How many senseless bones must be sacrificed to Shea Weber's shot.
Actually, I believe it was a Cody Franson shot.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Actually, I believe it was a Cody Franson shot.
Correct, it was Franson, not Weber...

Old
10-19-2010, 10:05 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Correct, it was Franson, not Weber...
Ok, I take it back, still It's nice to know Franson is taking tips from Weber.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:05 AM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkmanX View Post
I was quite high on Spaling last season and thought he played well and i am anxious to see how he has improved in the off season.

Same here.

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 12:37 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Spaling was really effective on the PK last year-- this team could sure use some help there, maybe their luck will change with a new component.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote